Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Been thinking about gamers' power levels lately.. I have a few accolades under my belt..I was #1 pvper on elder scrolls for 1 like day. Then I was thinking about my dad. He had some of the most kills and highest kill death ratio on a handful of maps on a somewhat popular FPS. He was, at one time, probably an even more powerful gamer than me. My grandpa had like some of the most hours logged on one of the maps lol.

Then I started thinking about who was the best gamer I know in real life. One of my best buds had almost like all 99s on runescape without botting. And online friends..I was thinking about how Jack Daniels from FYAD had some Persona records at one time. Lucy has shown me her Ultima accounts. A lot of Imps have beaten an insane amount of video games..Mycophobia is like a semi-pro Tetris player or something. A lot of ppl who use this forum are like way more powerful than me and my dad combined..

But of all time. Who are the best gamers of all time?! Some might be on this forum for real. The first candidate that came to mind for me would have to be The Angry Video Game nerd. I was watching some of his videos today, like the Mortal Kombat rip off episode. Which was very funny. But it got me thinking--this guy has beaten so many loving games :staredog: He's badass because he not only reviews the lovely games he finds ways to beat them. He's one of the best classic video gamers ever. He's powerful as gently caress. I think he might get his rear end whipped on modern stuff, but I would never be able to discount him..

Would love to hear some more nominations on who you think belongs in the gamer hall of fame. As well as the losers (the Todd Rogers guy?), and just some epic gamer power level stories. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheMexicanRunner has beaten every single NES game and he also has an extremely epic accent.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

TheMexicanRunner has beaten every single NES game and he also has an extremely epic accent.

I think one time I saw him run cuphead for an event. He seemed cool and strong.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Tim Rogers was made with military technology be the greatest gamer of all time. They might have overreached into gods domain tho

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

I think one time I saw him run cuphead for an event. He seemed cool and strong.

:hai:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers op

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

distortion2 runs souls games and they're always good. i loved watching him figure out elden ring strats where if you hit a frame perfect guard you'll get teleported across the map

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

distortion2 runs souls games and they're always good. i loved watching him figure out elden ring strats where if you hit a frame perfect guard you'll get teleported across the map

Distortion2 is cool

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Frenz posted:

Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers op

That's so epic and funny as hell. I think you should make like Billy Mitchell's hot sauce and go squirting out of some guy's rear end and into the drain where you belong :cheers:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pretty good answer actually.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I watch a couple of those guys who play nothing but SMW romhacks and can pull off stuff like triple shell jumps. I personally can't imagine playing just one game for the rest of your life but it's cool to watch the people who do.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ongbal is a really enjoyable souls and Sekiro player. Just does insane no hit runs on bosses or other weird challenges and builds. His Elden ring NG7 stuff is crazy

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

what about the 1:12..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYmqJl4MoNI

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

never forget

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
maybe not that impressive but I'm probably the DDR player on the forums

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Those NES tetris maniacs that hold the controller upside down and backwards are insanely cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arino Shinya for godlike patience

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

I watch a couple of those guys who play nothing but SMW romhacks and can pull off stuff like triple shell jumps. I personally can't imagine playing just one game for the rest of your life but it's cool to watch the people who do.

pannenkoek2012 was in that vein

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The best gamers of all time are right here in Imp Zone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The best gamer I know of is Shane “Raphael” Hendrixson, whom also has the best gamer haircuts throughout his career.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

herculon posted:

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

l;mfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mucho thanks to Dony for those.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

edit: Rapha, not raphael.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

herculon posted:

:kimchi:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

herculon posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Dr Sparkle chronologically completed all Famicom games no matter how lovely for our entertainment.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Pangea Panga made a SMW romhack called Dram World and all the hint blocks in it are excerpts from a sarcastic article some journalist wrote about his blindfolded SMB playthrough.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk5XuqLrf3U this guy who played runescape without trading/banking/player interaction and limited himself to one area of the game map

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
if your grandpa was a gamer, you might be a redneck!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
No one knows who the first WoW player to discover that you could infect a pet with Hakkar’s ‘corrupted blood’ spell and dismiss it before eventually summoning it again in the middle a city to cause a plague that wiped out players for days at a time was, but whoever they were they’re a true legend