Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Had only seen the movie and was about to post racer X till I realised this was probably the OG lol

Lol but the movie kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

concept artists depiction of bob's brother

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think this is the gamer that attack synthy... he had the motive

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Here he comes, here comes Bob’s brother, he’s a gamer who steals
He’s a gamer and he’s gonna be calling you a retard

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Hizke posted:

I had a friend in high school who was godlike at any game he touched. weird korean guy named Daniel. He invited me over to his house and we played a bunch of street fighter and guitar hero.

Anyway, the funny part about this is he lived in his basement and had a microwave and a mini fridge down there. There was a candle on top of the microwave and he saw me looking at it cuz i was like why this mf got a regular rear end candle on top of his microwave. he goes think you can extinguish the candle's flame with a punch? lol i said sure man, let's try it. It took me like 4 tries and he was like alright now watch this. He takes like a minute to set up and then he punched the poo poo out of his microwave and was gripping his fist and loving screaming and while he was doing that I had to make sure the candle didnt burn down the house lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Hizke posted:

The next time i saw this dude he had a chipped front tooth which he says he got when someone knocked the butt of a knife into his mouth and he asked me to write a letter vouching for him for court lol

Legendary gamer.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

A guy in primary school would invite me over to his house a lot to play Tekken but I'd say I was busy as he was kind of weird and we both lived in the countryside so if I got a lift to his house id have to stay there a few hours. I eventually agreed to go over and play tekken tag tournament with him because he said he was really good at it and had all the unlocks so he could just copy it to a memory card for me.

I don't play fighting games so when I'd play tekken I'd just button mash or I learned a few easy moves with Hworang and I mainly liked playing in training mode and having the computer do the long combos so I could see what they look like. The first fight I won a round then he won the next two but kept saying he was rusty. Then he proceeded to perfect ko me every time and after every round he'd do like the shawshank redemption pose and growl before yelling "I have awakened"

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

extremebuff posted:

a friend lent me some military sim shooter for the ps2 where you gave orders to a squad and stuff, and you generally died in one hit. i was really struggling with the opening missions because as soon as youre spotted you eat a bullet and Id never played anything like this

my brother was watching and goes "this poo poo is easy. what are you even doing?" he had never played any shooter on a ps2 much less a sim, so I said fine you do it and threw him the controller. he immediately orders his squad to wait in place (ur supposed to use them to distract/suppress etc.) walks out and perfectly headshots every enemy in the area and beelines for the objective and got a crazy 3 minute S tier time on the mission and kept complaining the entire time that I was retarded to not figure out how to play this correctly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Think you can jump over this glass table?

Heh.. not bad. But watch this. *jumps 11ft into the air, crashing down rear end first shattering the table while screaming*

EmmyOk posted:

A guy in primary school would invite me over to his house a lot to play Tekken but I'd say I was busy as he was kind of weird and we both lived in the countryside so if I got a lift to his house id have to stay there a few hours. I eventually agreed to go over and play tekken tag tournament with him because he said he was really good at it and had all the unlocks so he could just copy it to a memory card for me.

I don't play fighting games so when I'd play tekken I'd just button mash or I learned a few easy moves with Hworang and I mainly liked playing in training mode and having the computer do the long combos so I could see what they look like. The first fight I won a round then he won the next two but kept saying he was rusty. Then he proceeded to perfect ko me every time and after every round he'd do like the shawshank redemption pose and growl before yelling "I have awakened"

extremebuff posted:

a friend lent me some military sim shooter for the ps2 where you gave orders to a squad and stuff, and you generally died in one hit. i was really struggling with the opening missions because as soon as youre spotted you eat a bullet and Id never played anything like this

my brother was watching and goes "this poo poo is easy. what are you even doing?" he had never played any shooter on a ps2 much less a sim, so I said fine you do it and threw him the controller. he immediately orders his squad to wait in place (ur supposed to use them to distract/suppress etc.) walks out and perfectly headshots every enemy in the area and beelines for the objective and got a crazy 3 minute S tier time on the mission and kept complaining the entire time that I was retarded to not figure out how to play this correctly

lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

My friend brought his Dreamcast to school one Friday cause sometimes they'd let us have some free time at the end of the week and he had Soul Calibur. One of my classmates who me and my friend called Pugsley, since he always wore ill-fitting striped shirts and had a big gut, claimed to be a Maxi god. Eventually we rotated to the point where I had to fight him and I had never played Soul Calibur before but I ended up picking Cervantes cause I thought he looked cool. I quickly discovered that he has a command grab that was like forward plus a button so I just used that over and over and won cleanly. I was expecting Pugsley to freak out but he just looked at me with admiration and nodded.

Then my friend who owned the Dreamcast played some other kid and lost when the kid picked Kilik and did the forward thrust move that went fullscreen over and over. My friend loudly exclaimed "Robert just pokes like a retard" and left the room.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

My friend brought his Dreamcast to school one Friday cause sometimes they'd let us have some free time at the end of the week and he had Soul Calibur. One of my classmates who me and my friend called Pugsley, since he always wore ill-fitting striped shirts and had a big gut, claimed to be a Maxi god. Eventually we rotated to the point where I had to fight him and I had never played Soul Calibur before but I ended up picking Cervantes cause I thought he looked cool. I quickly discovered that he has a command grab that was like forward plus a button so I just used that over and over and won cleanly. I was expecting Pugsley to freak out but he just looked at me with admiration and nodded.

Then my friend who owned the Dreamcast played some other kid and lost when the kid picked Kilik and did the forward thrust move that went fullscreen over and over. My friend loudly exclaimed "Robert just pokes like a retard" and left the room.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The calm respectful admiration

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Very brave to challenge a gamer with a big gut in a tight shirt.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Very brave to challenge a gamer with a big gut in a tight shirt.

+ wispy mustache? You’re hosed

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

lmfao Pugsley ftmfw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kongming posted:

Pugsley ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wednesday showing up and annihilating you in skullgirls on a PC hooked up to two electric chairs

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Wednesday showing up and annihilating you in skullgirls on a PC hooked up to two electric chairs

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gomez and thing unwinding with a friendly game of sf2, camera pans out and they're playing on fester who's being lit up by a van de graaf generator and enthusiasticlly commentating

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

gomez and thing unwinding with a friendly game of sf2, camera pans out and they're playing on fester who's being lit up by a van de graaf generator and enthusiasticlly commentating

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lmao this whole page

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

EmmyOk posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao this whole page
This, and the other pages as well

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
when i was a kid i once went to an acquaintance? friend? of my dad's. dude had a huge rear end house, you can tell he was very high class. dinner was fancy, cutlery was fine, but before all that, we had to wait while poo poo was getting cooked. dad and his friend talked about boring poo poo a kid would never understand so they told me this guy's kid had a playstation. I went to his room. I dont remember much about the room or the kid, but he said he had Crash Team Racing, and asked if I wanted to play.
You know how youre friends with other kids who clearly dont spend nearly as much time playing games, but still invite you over and you decimate them? And CTR, you know its mario kart, you do drifts and do miniturbos and just chain them over and over while avoiding some items from the enemies. By that point ive beaten the game a billion times and learned how to never stop boosting on every track.
I was like "i dunno, im pretty good at this one, it might be unfair"
He replied "Oh dont worry, I'm pretty good too"
I still cant remember if i won or not. Maybe im supressing the memory for the sake of my ego, but i genuinely cant remember. I'm inclined to say I lost nearly all the races but id be lying by saying that too. This kid was absolutely *insane*, every race was edge of my seat. I underestimated him and it was like a shonen battle in my mind back then lmao. and I dont remember a single thing about him, his dad, their names, the place, the date, or any info i could give to my dad that might help know who he was. I like to think hes still out there doing Dante Must Die S Ranks and getting the highest ranks in CS and LoL

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
got owned so hard at CTR i got selective amnesia

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

when i was a kid i once went to an acquaintance? friend? of my dad's. dude had a huge rear end house, you can tell he was very high class. dinner was fancy, cutlery was fine, but before all that, we had to wait while poo poo was getting cooked. dad and his friend talked about boring poo poo a kid would never understand so they told me this guy's kid had a playstation. I went to his room. I dont remember much about the room or the kid, but he said he had Crash Team Racing, and asked if I wanted to play.
You know how youre friends with other kids who clearly dont spend nearly as much time playing games, but still invite you over and you decimate them? And CTR, you know its mario kart, you do drifts and do miniturbos and just chain them over and over while avoiding some items from the enemies. By that point ive beaten the game a billion times and learned how to never stop boosting on every track.
I still cant remember if i won or not. Maybe im supressing the memory for the sake of my ego, but i genuinely cant remember. I'm inclined to say I lost nearly all the races but id be lying by saying that too. This kid was absolutely *insane*, every race was edge of my seat. I underestimated him and it was like a shonen battle in my mind back then lmao. and I dont remember a single thing about him, his dad, their names, the place, the date, or any info i could give to my dad that might help know who he was. I like to think hes still out there doing Dante Must Die S Ranks and getting the highest ranks in CS and LoL

this is pretty much the golden age arc of berserk op

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Dongicus posted:

lol