Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
No one knows who the first WoW player to discover that you could infect a pet with Hakkar’s ‘corrupted blood’ spell and dismiss it before eventually summoning it again in the middle a city to cause a plague that wiped out players for days at a time was, but whoever they were they’re a true legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

No one knows who the first WoW player to discover that you could infect a pet with Hakkar’s ‘corrupted blood’ spell and dismiss it before eventually summoning it again in the middle a city to cause a plague that wiped out players for days at a time was, but whoever they were they’re a true legend

Following up on this: whoever was the first player(s) to discover that you could use a group of hunters to kite Kazzak into Stormwind and spend the next several hours wiping out everyone in the city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0VWJdE01M

I watched the original Google Video upload of this exact video in summer ‘05 and it singlehandedly convinced me to start playing this game lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mbt posted:

this, leeroy jenkins, and the funeral griefing are burned into my memory

I saw a promo for a Leeroy Jenkins-themed Hearthstone deck the other day and thought about how surreal it must be to make a goofy little joke video with your buddies to promote your raiding guild on the WoW forums and Blizzard is still monetizing it almost two decades later

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Kongming posted:

If we're talking MMO griefing there was a recent scam in FFXI where someone made a copy of this character:

Named the character "Odoro" and placed himself standing inside the NPCs model. Then they set up a script where they will auto accept any trade offers. Oboro is who you trade all the end game materials/items to to get them upgraded, and you trade to NPCs with the same system you use to trade to other players. So he stole hundreds of millions of gil in items and materials from people who weren't paying attention.

Lmao cool