Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is full on sam Raimi marvel movie again and I loving adored it. For me this is the best MCU movie they have ever done.

After 13 years!! He’s back!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death(s).

Blackbolts death is lmao.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He plays a multiverse pizza man

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Delta is in the movie by the way. If you think he missed that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Laughing Zealot posted:

A minor/cameo role

He's a hot dog pizza balls salesman in an alternative universe that interacts with Strange and America Chavez, mentioning how the former is dressed as his universe's Strange. Strange casts a spell on him that wears off in the final credits scene.

A spell that makes him punch himself in a silly slapstick fashion

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

America Chavez kicked rear end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gatts posted:

My gripe is that if I can have a horror experience like from Event Horizon or madness like from Mandy, like why can't I get that creepiness/dread/asthetic in an MCU movie?

Because it’s a PG-13 summer blockbuster and not a art house or schlock R rated horror????

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

All the deaths were great :black101:

If you look close you can see a bit of brain sliding down the side of their head lmfao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mandy kicks rear end tho. But I don’t think Sam Raimi would ever want to hit Mandy’s tone. He likes to spook ya and make you laugh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Has nothing to with doctor strange but my favorite movie theater sam Raimi moment is when I saw drag me to hell and the only other people were these teenagers, and when poo poo popped off they loudly said after cracking up “wait, is this supposed to be funny???”

I feel like that’s Sam Raimi in a nutshell. He goes for it and just wants you to have a good time

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Don't care what anyone else says, this movie was fun as hell and getting Sam Raimi to direct was 100% the correct call. I hope he's the one that does Dr. Strange movies going forward.

For real. Everyone who doesn’t love this movie doesn’t make sense to me. The first snap zoom Dutch angle in this movie made me so happy. Like a band playin their greatest hits

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LionArcher posted:

I love that my reading of Wanda vision was clearly how the writers saw it too, aka Wanda sucks. She’s a Karen of the marvel universe.

Also love all the critics who fell over themselves about Wanda vision on Twitter are super grumpy about this.

It was a great rami movie. It was fun.

I don’t think she’s a Karen. She never once lorded over wage slaves or those lesser than in all aspects of life.

A Karen craves power. Wanda does not. Well not power to rule that is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the Dutch angle zombie wink after the super sincere speech. It loving cracks me up and it’s so Raimi

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is what they’ve been setting up so I’m not sure either.

What made Wandavision some waht interesting was they let her kind of be a villain. But then half walked it back.

This one was the best she’s ever been.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wanda crushing herself is very Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie of all time.

Also she’s clearly not dead lmao if you loving think she is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really can’t find the action scene direction interview. I’ve looked everywhere.

But I’m 98% sure he said he fully directed 2 action scenes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve come around on people saying they did her dirty.

I get it now.

She’s very dirty in the film. Covered in oil. I see your point.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I'm not going to see this but I still want to see Professor X in the yellow floaty chair. Someone send me that image.

It’s all on YouTube

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.ign.com/articles/doctor-strange-2-elizabeth-olsen-frustrated-by-lost-opportunities-due-to-mcu?utm_source=syndication

Let her do more work

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think that’s fair. She doesn’t hate marvrl she just wants to be able to have freedom.

Doing one good marvel movie instead of contracted for 3 more sounds better.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. Right when Strange enters the last world with evil strange. It’s floating in front of them right when they’re just getting there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love strange 1 but the visuals in MOM are way better simply because the best stuff was done with a camera shot instead of in post with CGI.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Nice argument, but have you considered that I'm a sucker for mediocre CGI spectacle? :smuggo:

The only thing that matters in cinema is how many snap zooms, and Dutch angle dolly shots there are

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Regular show is very good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was born in 91 and I thought regular show was dope as hell. It was cool to start watching it when I was the main characters ages. It captures the weird aimlessness of your 20’s p decently

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Raimi should direct Morbius 2 with Bruce Campbell replacing Morbius

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU4Crduhv68

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Talk about how great sam Raimi is itt

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We have seen this fight happen in ash vs evil dead

It’s Xena

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Russell Crowe

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s a marvel movie that feels like real movie because the person who made it’s stamp is all over it. It’s also funny as hell and super grounded and half the movie Tony is walking around in jeans and a hoodie and that fuckin kicks rear end.

Iron Man 3 is easily my top 5.

Dr Strange 2
Guardians 2
Guardians 1
Iron man 3
Iron Man

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My tier list is basically my favorite all time directors list lol

MCU snagged my top two of all time

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Raid 2 kicks rear end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I never loved winter soldier. The first cap is way better. It’s way more stylish and campy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Please don’t slander John wick, or the raid 2 in my thread thank you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This bad film hits D+ in a few weeks (June 22)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-rHrkgVIsw

Outta my thread.

This is a Raimi love zone

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

euphronius posted:

The one downside of this movie is that it’s violent enough that I don’t want to show it to my young kid .

Counterpoint they might like it. I watched The Evil Dead as a kid and thought it was awesome as hell

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

euphronius posted:

Eh the deaths of those people in the middle of the movie were pretty gruesome

Yeah it’s insanely fun! Gore and violence are super cool to kids

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bust Rodd posted:

Just found out that Olsen missed the premier and didn’t watch the screener they sent her because the time stamps and watermark ruin the frame. So she still hasn’t seen the movie, lol. Also reading interviews and she is an absolute master at saying “this poo poo is confusing and doesn’t make sense for my character” in a polite and neutral way. Lots of “I really had to sit with this” and “I spent a lot of time thinking about how to take her from WandaVision to MoM in a way that felt real”, but her initial response to hearing that she was going to be a big monster villain left her very confused.

Her character was cooler than ever before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It didn’t work for me at all because she was nasty as hell in that show and the show brushed it off.