Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

:mods:

/net/unsorted/mega/lightbar/LED.gif:

Holy poo poo, I remember this thread. I think it was set-up by a goon, but you could go to the website and mess with the LEDs and have it show up. It was neat and I still have a screenshot when I messed with it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

/net/unsorted/mega/Misc Gifs/metroidillo.gif:

I remember this one, and have been looking for it for a very long time.

sigher posted:

Holy poo poo, I remember this thread. I think it was set-up by a goon, but you could go to the website and mess with the LEDs and have it show up. It was neat and I still have a screenshot when I messed with it:

It feels like such a time-capsule - because I think if you put something like this online now, it'd instantly get abused for the most horrible poo poo which would land you in jail, you'd get the site absolutely DDoS'd simply by people trying to access it, or you wouldn't be able to post it anywhere or nobody would care and it'd disappear into obscurity.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 7, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Double-post, but this is too important; /net/unsorted/mega/sa_forums_history.rar contains a partial archive:
threads/ALL YUOR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!! - The Awful Forums.htm with images.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 7, 2022

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

I'll give you my anal virginity!

So you're saying you want me to

I also found and uploaded a few more folders of stuff. A folder of img-macros, animated gifs and a small folder of Fritz, the office worker SA found via an unsecured IP camera.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

FYI, op you got me to log into SA on a computer for the first time in years.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Moai Ou posted:

So you're saying you want me to

I also found and uploaded a few more folders of stuff. A folder of img-macros, animated gifs and a small folder of Fritz, the office worker SA found via an unsecured IP camera.

Oh god, now I'll never manage to fall asleep!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The rar file I mentioned earlier also contains an archive of this thread with the images intact, so let's see what memes were like in 2001 before everyone had settled on the impact font.

Moai Ou posted:

I think you'll need to link this separately, as I can't see any changes from the last mega link.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
using 105% of my brainpower to try and remember how much effort it was to accumulate a 1.8gb archive of images and flash animations over 56k ...this is a good find

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I haven't scanned through that particular archive, but I went through the archives I have from around 2002 to 2006ish, and found this gem:

Unfortunately, the details are lost to me about which goon in particular did this, but he visited the illustrious Michael J Beverage of Yorba Linda Water District fame, and got this photo together.

Mind you, this was back in the day when the real world and the internet were two distinct entities.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

sigher posted:

Man, the internet used to be fun

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

I think you'll need to link this separately, as I can't see any changes from the last mega link.

Try ctrl+F5 to force a full reload; they should show up. But here's the links for convenience:

Gifs! Macros! Fritz

I've also added one last batch of stuff (assuming I don't stumble onto anything else).

Games! A small collection including an early Dropsy game, and the Jon Lovitz Adventure trilogy. Given their age, you'll probably need to do some finagling to get them to work.

SpokkerJones Reads The Internet in the Audio folder. Some recordings of SpokkerJones reading random internet posts. There's also a folder of what I'm reasonably sure is me doing the same thing, but I can't remember if I ever posted them.

TG Drama in the Audio folder. Didn't listen to them all, but it sounds like a mom complaining about posts.

A small folder of Stickam caps of goons convincing people to put shoes on their heads.

And lastly, More Misc. Pics; another 1500+ random images pulled off SA going back to 2002!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

Man, the internet used to be fun

yeah

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Always a classic. RIP Lowtax.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I did a gif or two for the Zidane thread. Good times.

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

Satoshi Nakamoto has been identified.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:mods:

/net/unsorted/mega/lightbar/LED.gif:

Is that the origin of :regd08:?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is that the origin of :regd08:?
Based on the timestamp in the gif and from what I remember (which isn't much, since I wasn't an active user back then and would just grab whatever I could when the paywall was down), I'd say it's very probable.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

sigher posted:

Wow is that where I got this from

Based on the timestamp in the gif and from what I remember (which isn't much, since I wasn't an active user back then and would just grab whatever I could when the paywall was down), I'd say it's very probable.

Probably the gif came first, presumably someone bought it earlier in the year than May.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
we got some real sexy reg dates in this thread

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
:regd04:

Found a few more odds & ends. It's been archived elsewhere, but here's the 9/11 thread for posterity.

I threw a couple videos into the Killdozer folder.

Also added a couple more videos, including Bart The General, the godawful video that Lowtax tried to force into becoming a meme.

I also found that I have 50 gigs worth of the early SA Let's Play crew, Freelance Astronauts' videos. I don't have the space for the whole thing, so unless someone has a special request, I'm not going to upload them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Moai Ou posted:

I also found that I have 50 gigs worth of the early SA Let's Play crew, Freelance Astronauts' videos. I don't have the space for the whole thing, so unless someone has a special request, I'm not going to upload them.

Okay holy poo poo holy poo poo you would make my loving decade if you would let me take these off your hands, I realize this is super selfish of me but if I can get a hold of these it would be my duty to preserve them for good

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Moai Ou posted:

:regd04:

Found a few more odds & ends. It's been archived elsewhere, but here's the 9/11 thread for posterity.

I threw a couple videos into the Killdozer folder.

Also added a couple more videos, including Bart The General, the godawful video that Lowtax tried to force into becoming a meme.

Is the Worms Armageddon stuff from any of these?
Because they're unarchived in the LP Master list?

Like Danaru, I'll happily take it all if you're offering.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Moai Ou posted:

Lol, Let's Plays and the Freelance Astronauts in particular were the biggest thing that finally got me to make an account, to get rid of that darn occasional paywall. It's been forever, but I kinda want to say Majora's Mask was the big one around the time I finally registered?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Thank you, Fritz really cheered up my day, he'd know almost immediately when we were messing with the camera and would say hello and show us stuff.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Is the Worms Armageddon stuff from any of these?
Because they're unarchived in the LP Master list?

Like Danaru, I'll happily take it all if you're offering.

No, this is just Freelance Astronauts' stuff with Maxwell Adams, Pipes! & Ferr. For now, I'm uploading the JFK: Reloaded, New Super Mario Bros, The Kickboat Saga (Half Life 2), Worms: Armageddon & the misc. videos, since I remember those being the funniest. I'll throw more up later, but like I said, it won't all fit, so something will have to be left out. If anything, I can swap stuff out later or upload the rest elsewhere.

EDIT: Adding Majora's Mask due to the above request, Twilight Princess and Saint's Row 2.

Moai Ou fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 8, 2022

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Moai Ou posted:

Like Danaru, definitely interested! I've also got some online storage of my own I could lend for this stuff, if you're open to it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Moai Ou posted:

No, this is just Freelance Astronauts' stuff with Maxwell Adams, Pipes! & Ferr. For now, I'm uploading the JFK: Reloaded, New Super Mario Bros, The Kickboat Saga (Half Life 2), Worms: Armageddon & the misc. videos, since I remember those being the funniest. I'll throw more up later, but like I said, it won't all fit, so something will have to be left out. If anything, I can swap stuff out later or upload the rest elsewhere.

EDIT: Adding Majora's Mask due to the above request, Twilight Princess and Saint's Row 2.

I'm already setting up some space for them, I can archive them from there and let you switch them out :toot: This is a major discovery for my subforum

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Moai Ou posted:

I did find one disturbing image. Ribkid moonlighting as pizzakid:

this is like seeing behind the scenes footage of really old classic movies

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
can't help but remember ribkid (a true hero of the working class) is serving serious time for murdering a coal executive

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

mad.radhu posted:

can't help but remember ribkid (a true hero of the working class) is serving serious time for murdering a coal executive
What?

What!?

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

Moai Ou posted:

I'm pretty sure they deleted all the streams they did with TaxidermistPaste and Lurkdawg, you're salvaging some poo poo that was lost for a while.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nuts and Gum posted:

What?

What!?

That's Right, Nuts and Gum

https://www.wowktv.com/archives/kentucky-teen-waives-extradition-will-face-charges-in-wv/

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker

quote:

The Curse of Cheddar Bay featuring goons dressed as a sailor and a kraken confusing Red Lobster employees

I'm confused how I had forgotten something so deep in my personal lore. Thank you for bringing it back to my attention.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

A disturbing end for ribkid. I blame the BBQ sauce made with high fructose corn syrup.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's absolutely not him. They don't even look the same.

Goon face disease strikes again.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Hooray! This has the images from the pink flyer thread that was the first time I ever visited the forums.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I remember him, The Apprentice guy. Whatever happened to him?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Heath posted:

He was selling steaks for a while, wasn't he?

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

this forum didn't want to deal with weird anime poo poo so a different site spun off and boosted him to the presidency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Horace posted:

Hooray! This has the images from the pink flyer thread that was the first time I ever visited the forums.

That was one of my favorite threads ever.