Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
post the cool pixel art goon collaborations, those gotta be in there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
is... is the barry bonds yams gif in there

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

FalloutGod posted:

Found this one fairly quickly, dunno if there's more - Goonbasepart0d4.PNG

Huge img warning: 4100x5000 or so

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It's me, I was one of those Stickam goons. 2006-08 was a really nice time to hang out in webcam chat all evening, abusing drugs/booze and watching America do blow under a US flag, or that guy dress in his pvc dress or tuck his penis between his legs and dance to wild horses, or doing secret Santa (you still owe me a gift Sarah for gently caress sakes, it was si mean to not get me anything), or sending Christmas cards (Thank you Bobo, Lenore, and anyone else that sent me things, if you're still around). It was just a very funny time on the internet.

Sadly after 15 years, I just don't believe we're going to make GoonHaus anymore. I got so excited that we could do it when I was 20. Now I have my own goonhaus and it feels so empty.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

It's me, I was one of those Stickam goons. 2006-08 was a really nice time to hang out in webcam chat all evening, abusing drugs/booze and watching America do blow under a US flag, or that guy dress in his pvc dress or tuck his penis between his legs and dance to wild horses, or doing secret Santa (you still owe me a gift Sarah for gently caress sakes, it was si mean to not get me anything), or sending Christmas cards (Thank you Bobo, Lenore, and anyone else that sent me things, if you're still around). It was just a very funny time on the internet.

Sadly after 15 years, I just don't believe we're going to make GoonHaus anymore. I got so excited that we could do it when I was 20. Now I have my own goonhaus and it feels so empty.
Something about this rings a bell for me, but I can't place it.

I'm wondering if it at some point led into goons streaming video games on ustream.tv, which might've been one of the contributing factors to LP starting.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

FalloutGod posted:

The Blue Ball threads were always fun.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/mr.goodpart/balls/balls.htm

Shoutout to Goodpart for hosting this page since 2005.

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 8, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What about Goon Tower and Goon Train?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Heath posted:

Man, the internet used to be fun
It still is for me

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

In the folder "jews"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
icarus. no. stop....

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Please let me know if there are any flying head of death Patrick Duffy gifs are in there.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

RandolphCarter posted:

Please let me know if there are any flying head of death Patrick Duffy gifs are in there.

There are!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thank you, that was one of the first threads I remember.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Mega REALLY doesn't want me downloading a 50 GB .zip. Keeps freezing and slowing down to a crawl :confused:

Anyone feel like throwing up a torrent of the ancient goonage? I'll gladly help seed it until the day I die.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I think the Captain America Poser threads might have been the hardest I've ever laughed at anything in my life.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I've maxed out my space adding most of the Freelance Astronauts' Let's Plays. Overlord is unfortunately incomplete. I've also only put the first 30 episodes of Oblivion up, but I'll be swapping them out for the back half once Danaru gets them properly archived.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Welp, time to have megadl go over the URI one more time.

EDIT: In case people are curious, it's part of the megatools collection of software, that make it much easier to interact with mega.nz on command-line (yes, even Windows via chocolatey).

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 8, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Kharnifex posted:

Thank you, Fritz really cheered up my day, he'd know almost immediately when we were messing with the camera and would say hello and show us stuff.

Someone bought Fritz an account. "Fridu" was his name.

Also:

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 8, 2022

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

FalloutGod posted:

MREBoy posted:

Found this one fairly quickly, dunno if there's more - Goonbasepart0d4.PNG

Goonbase evolution, from my private stash :corsair:

Oct. 11 2005

Oct. 13

Oct. 14

Oct. 16

Oct. 17

Oct. 22

Oct. 23

Oct. 27

Jan. 25 2006

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Horace posted:

Hooray! This has the images from the pink flyer thread that was the first time I ever visited the forums.

lmao

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

RandolphCarter posted:

I have a ton of them.

Also saved a bunch of photos of goons with the av name as the title ...Think I was trying to match faces to posters.

Have some Chaos Night (definite language, so timg'd):

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 9, 2022

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
you people are incredible.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

I think the Captain America Poser threads might have been the hardest I've ever laughed at anything in my life.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really appreciate this existing. Should probably see about getting archive.org to host a copy.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

Moai Ou posted:

I've maxed out my space adding most of the Freelance Astronauts' Let's Plays. Overlord is unfortunately incomplete. I've also only put the first 30 episodes of Oblivion up, but I'll be swapping them out for the back half once Danaru gets them properly archived.

Ooh, so that's why the program I use to download stuff from mega.nz is really laggy now :v:

And yeah, this is a collection of strange nostalgic things. Anyone remember Real Life Comics?

[edit] Goddamn, it's still updating. As is Megatokyo :psyduck:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bad Purchase posted:

wow, 1.8 GB in 2008 is nearly 100 GB in today’s file size economy

Back in 2001-2002 when custom avatars were first available the custom avatar size was limited to 5kb. Five kilobytes.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i hate how excited and nostalgic i am about this poo poo

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Oh ok so ribkid was like 5 or 6 in the original photo? Got it.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

If you would like :10bux: to upgrade your mega account, which would get you to a 2TB cap, I would be happy to paypal it to you or whatever.

If you're using megatools, it's worth the effort to specify a config file, if for nothing else, to increase the parallel download limit to its max (16)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

is... is the barry bonds yams gif in there

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

New Zealand can eat me posted:

If you would like :10bux: to upgrade your mega account, which would get you to a 2TB cap, I would be happy to paypal it to you or whatever.

If you're using megatools, it's worth the effort to specify a config file, if for nothing else, to increase the parallel download limit to its max (16)

I appreciate the offer, but you don't have to. I swung for the $5 plan since I don't need that much more space for the archive. I'll look into the megatools thing when I get home later.

Anyway, I'm throwing the first chunk of Oblivion episodes back up. Sorry if all this uploading is killing people's downloads. I'm gonna try to get everything better organized later (into a different folder) so it's easier to find stuff.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Some moldy oldies in here :v:

wonder how these guys are doing

I definitely remember this thread:

Very nice, thank you.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
There's still no good way to search Archives other than trial & error, is there? I want to try & find the threads where some of this stuff came from.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

LargeHadron posted:

Oh ok so ribkid was like 5 or 6 in the original photo? Got it.

Was ribkid a goon?

Also, recently someone mentioned a pic in either this thread, or in the "what was the first SA thread you read" thread.
I think it was this one:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

neato burrito posted:

Some moldy oldies in here :v:

Very nice, thank you.

lmao ty

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I forgot about this one

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I was just thinking of something from this time. It's a dramatic reading of the Do you want to do it from behind while you play Super Mario Brothers craigslist ad. Does anyone have a saved copy of it? Think it was from a GBS dramatic reading thread.

Searching the title will get you the craigslist post.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Moai Ou posted:

Try ctrl+F5 to force a full reload; they should show up. But here's the links for convenience:

Gifs! Macros! Fritz

How loving weird is it that I randomly clicked a folder and the first thing I saw was my username :catstare:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Horace posted:

Hooray! This has the images from the pink flyer thread that was the first time I ever visited the forums.

Holy poo poo, that's an early memory there. I loved that thread, so many dumb pink flyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You're no Hakan.