Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
hello my dear goons, this thread is two topics for the price of one, courtesy of yours truly. i have questions about magic!

1) I've been watching Penn and Teller on YouTube because the holy algorithm decided thats what I should see, and wouldnt you know it, clips from their acts are pretty entertaining. less entertaining are people in the comments getting really heated about how the tricks were done. But regardless, magic seems really cool, and if nothing else, would be a neat hobby to get into. I don't intend to swallow glass or transform that 460 lb chinese man who attempted a climb on mt everest into a rabbit, but it seems like it could be fun from time to time. should i look into this more? where do i start? is becoming an amateur Wizard Master second only in forums moderator in cringe?

2) are Penn and Teller cool people? The Penn guy I think is the same dude that was once the Amazing Atheist, which seems like annoying fedora garbage, but from what I've seen based on what little interviews I could find, he seems decent enough of a person. Teller talks only outside of performances so I don't know much about him, other than that his silent way of doing shows was a way to avoid being heckled in college and as a storytelling technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Rockman Reserve posted:

Penn invented a hot tub specifically designed to give women orgasms and apparently used to bug female houseguests to test it all the time

i dont know what this is about but your av really makes me wish MML3 came out. Im sorry pal :/