Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Any advice for builds and the like or that is really unnecessary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I found a purgator with a good sanctified kill zone matches super well with a purifier. Drop a zone on a large group and just melt the whole bunch at once.

Actually, sanctified kill zone is a really powerful ability

E: a really big boom is finding a flamer with +damage to certain enemies and bringing the purifier for missions with those enemies. I had one with I think +2 or 3 damage to mortal targets with base damage 4. So with the kill zone it was doing 8+ damage every attack in a huge cone

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 25, 2022

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Alchenar posted:

I would say at higher difficulties this gets a bit like legendary XCOM on the tactical level with the need to clear pods just right, but the strategic game is a fair bit uneven and never lets you stabilise things and proceed at your own pace - you are very much gradually losing control of things even playing perfectly and that's the story of the game.

Yeah you can get to a point where tactically you are basically unstoppable in normal missions but you can never get to a point where you've won or have even really stabilized the strategic layer. It's just about how much you can slow down the bleed so you can make the end game without a game over.