Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'm having none of those issues and blasting the poo poo out of chaos

the game really expects you to engage in all the mechanics like stunning enemies for executions. there's a pretty wide skill try but no idea if you'll get enough points to fill it out. so I've been focusing on more warp points and upping damage on the basic skills

pro tip that took me a while to figure out. you want the hammerhand skill on your melee skill to guarantee critical melee hits. that way you can extract seeds way easier. took me like 40 days to figure that out

You can get the seed-extracting servitor skulls pretty quick so it's not as important as you think. Hammerhand is still nice for things like disabling death explosions, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

you need two seeds to get that research, and can get hammerhand at level 2 on justicars and interceptors. I was at a point where I couldn't do any research for like 20 days due to the inability to get seeds. so it felt important to me :shrug:

There's also usually at least 1 seed growth thing on the ground on each level that you can get a seed from for free -- they're easy to miss since they look like any other environmental hazard.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Psycho Landlord posted:

I wonder how the game handles it if you exterminatus the whole sector

That's a victory, obviously

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Phrosphor posted:

Am I missing something with the falchions? is +5% crit worth missing out of 50% parry?

It definitely can be. A lot of team setups don't get hit much because they generate AP like crazy and you can kill everything in 1 turn. No need for parry if the enemies are all dead. A crit can mean a stun which gives 8-9 AP to the team with a Chaplain, for example.

Also, not all the weapons get the same spread of possible upgrades -- so the weapons have more differences than just their base forms appear to have, plus just the randomness of whatever reward you get. So if I get a weapon with +stun I don't care what it is, I'm gonna use it over almost anything else.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 9, 2022

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

here's a question: do you get enough levels to max out skill trees?

Not even close, the max level is 9.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I enjoy Warhams, I enjoy XCOM and XCOM-likes. Is this game worth 40 euros on sale?

It's a lot of fun as long as you don't try to play it like XCOM.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

The apothecary has a biomancy that gives +stun on melee as well.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Seems like the changes are all oriented to not use WP regularly, as skills now cost more *and* you can't recover more than one at a time from AoE skills. I'm tempted to start a new game and spec into grenades and +crit to see how that does.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I always skip that one. Not using abilities isn't fun!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

TheWeedNumber posted:

how do you upgrade weapons and armor?

You spend seeds of the appropriate color to unlock the upgrade. It's definitely confusing, since you get the gear before you even know there's more than 1 type of seed.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

You guys are writing about overwatch and suppression like you aren't taking 4 interceptors into every mission, I don't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Terminator armor isn't worth it because it means taking a class that isn't an interceptor