Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Am I missing something or is the Psilencers completely worthless compared to the Psycannon? The Psycannon kills entire pods in one use of it's ability, whereas the Psilencers doesn't go through cover and only has 7 range, making it only useful for sniping with regular shots, which is a use case I never find myself wanting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Angry Lobster posted:

The psilencer has 14 range, not 7, and it has more base ammo than the psycannon. What really tells them apart is their associated skills, being able to ignore partial cover, even more range and more crit chance is huge. Also the 'support fire' passive is really good. If you find a psilencer with armor piercing, it becomes an amazing damage dealer. At rank 1, I agree that a psycannon is probably better just for the AoE effect though.

The psilencer aoe has range 7. The single target range hasn't been very relevant, as the number of times i fire single shots is pretty minimal.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

MMAgCh posted:

Am I missing something about servo-skulls or is their pathing just ridiculously finicky/buggy? Several times now I've wanted to use a medicae servo-skull on a Knight who is well within range according to the overlay, yet the ability refuses to work.

There's just no way that Knight at the bottom there is not a valid target.

It is out of range. Height differences do really weird things to the range of abilities.