Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

After you handle a story event that everyone plays up as the climax of the plot, you learn there's four more distinct bloom strains and the sector doubles in size and introduces new mechanics such as roving chaos fleets

That's awesome and I wish I hadn't moused over it.

Really enjoying this so far, although there's some janky edges. In particular I somehow keep melee attacking when I mean to shoot. The plant enemies are frustratingly tough as well.

Has anyone found a use for the flamethrower? Seems like the heavy machine gun (psilencer?) gives you the same crowd control without robbing you of long ranger coverage.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

grobbo posted:

They also have a lot of people on Steam complaining that as per the lore, all the low-level enemies should just be bouncing harmlessly off your Knights to no effect, which is useful feedback I'm sure the devs are really enjoying.

Having to worry about normal humans with AK's does rather clash with the power fantasy, especially when the story keeps empathising that the apocalyptic zombie plague is barely worth a company of knight's attention.

I can see why they did it though, as going straight to Chaos Marines/Daemons would reduce the sense of escalation over the campaign.