Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Mark me down as a nerd that raised an eye brow when the first cultist with an auto gun pumped my grey knight full of lead.

Also this game is hard as gently caress if you don't skill out your guys properly to have a bunch of synergy with each other.

Hey now, a 3+ armor save means 1 out of every 3 hits still hurts. Getting your fancy marines in power armour blown to poo poo by a bunch of guardsmen with their lovely flashlights is a time-honoured rite of passage. :colbert:

Anyway, my main complaint about picking the Grey Knights for this game is that their aesthetics are kind of shitass. It's like the concept artists started adding details and then never loving stopped. Everything is overfilled and overdesigned with no regard for visual balance or use of negative space. Even if your design goal is "bombastic overwrought neo-gothic", the Sororitas do the same gimmick much better.

Game's still good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Gotta say, I do wish there was a way to disable the automatic pause on losing focus. There's a fair bit of empty moments where you're just waiting for animations to play out or dialogue to advance, but you can't even switch over to a browser on a second monitor or something to pass it by.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lmao, the game just offered me a heroic deed for getting two seeds in one mission, I figured "sure I can do that", and promptly failed it even though I made of point of getting them. Looks like simply recovering seeds is something different than extracting then, which is a mechanic that the game hasn't even yet properly introduced.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Removing the autopause on tabbing out of borderless mode is a relief. It's a relatively small thing, but was a niggling annoyance pretty much every single mission that added up to weigh down on the experience by a surprising amount.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

Another patch today that changes the balance.

I also want to thank this thread for getting me to realize standing back and shooting doesn't work. I need to get as close as I can and punch things in the face.

It's kind of funny, really. Melee is so fun and effective that half the time I outright forget that my justiciars and interceptors actually have stormbolters. I find myself wondering how I could possibly get my lone purgator into range to finish off a wounded guy or trigger an environmental interaction, only to realize I got a guy with a perfectly good gun standing right there comfortably in range.