Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Ultramarines are more interesting than the Grey Knights by a mile and a half.

Grey Knights is the faction for people who think poo poo like this is good

Actual 40k lore posted:

Later, in 876.M41, the Bloodtide would return under the command of the Bloodthirster Ka'jagga'nath on the world of Van Horne. This time, it was only halted by the efforts of the Grey Knights, who slaughtered the remaining uncorrupted Sisters of Battle of the Order of the Ebon Chalice and used their innocent blood to form a talisman of purity, ending the rampage of the Bloodtide and Ka'jagga'nath.[3]

They're the edgelord HARD MEN MAKING HARD CHOICES of the Spess Mahrines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TheWeedNumber posted:

anyone have a problem at the beginning doing repairs in the manufactorum. The Augmentation Chamber and Augurium are both red in need of repair, yet the repair button is greyed out. What do I do?

Save and reloading fixed it for me when I had the issue.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Very important lore question for someone that knows nothing about Warhammer 40k.

I thought Space Marines were supposed to be like, huge. Like 8 feet tall+ or something.

Is Vakir/Y'shtola also 8 feet tall? She's like the same height as everyone else. Are normal humans in the future just, all really tall? Or I guess is she not a normal human?

Both kinda? There's been a lot of genetic drift and engineering and so you get a lot more extreme height variance than you do in the real world. Additionally she's an Inquisitor which means she's got access to resources that amount to a blank check as long as she can justify herself to any of her superiors so she might have had some gene-tailoring done to be taller or be wearing bespoke unique power armor under her Inquisitor robes.

Or its a video game and they probably thought it would be too goofy if she was 2-3 feet shorter than the other characters at the table :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Oh, so they stack or are more-or-less permanent (you can have more than one going st once)? Somehow I thought when you deploy one it gets rid of the benefits of the previous one. Can you move them around between systems afterwards or is it a one shot deal?

Have you played XCOM? They're essentially country satellites from XCOM-EU/EW

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Not even close, the max level is 9.

There does appear to be an achievement for maxing out a character's skill tree so is there a late game resource sink to do so? Otherwise I'm confused by that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I do wish we'd gone with a different Space Marine faction if for no other reason than Chain weapons are rad, power claws are cool as hell and the dumb Force weapons the Grey Knights almost exclusively use are boring.