Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Buschmaki posted:

Dawn of War 2 let you customize all of your homies.

Dawn of War 2 was the one that spawned the Bloody Magpies meme because of all the "gifted" relics you can collect, isn't it? Yeah I don't think it was very canon for space marines to casually wield Custodes and iirc even Primarch gear.

quote:

Hoping for some sorta reverse Chaos Gate where you play as Alpha Legion but this game looks sick.

Alpha Legion would be fun but Black Legion would be best for such a game because your team can have one Thousand Sons sorcerer, one Word Bearer summoner, one World Eater berserker, etc. etc. Basically the Khayon books in game form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Deathwatch would also work, but I suspect Chaos being the big bad is better for general audiences.

Why? Xenos offer more variety (6 main factions instead of 4, plus smaller ones like GSC and Harlequins), and if you want some straightforward enemies to put on the cover just use Orks as is tradition.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

If the story mission in question is the raid on the Craftworld, I'd say you're about halfway through at most? Probably a bit less, there's still quite a bit of stuff to come.

On an unrelated note, one QoL feature I'd love is the ability to check your Knights' equipment and stats while picking mission rewards and the like. Don't expect me to just remember all the gear my dudes are currently using, I'm not that committed to the game. :colbert:

Make it a habit of taking a pre-deployment screenshot. Not disagreeing, just suggesting a workaround.