Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The original Chaosgate is free on GOG. They also mentioned more "classic" 40k games coming, as always I'm praying for Dark Omen.
https://www.gog.com/en/game/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
New expansion just announced, which includes a Techmarine, Dreadnought, and new mission types. It launches alongside a free enemy roster update as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5lZt1Hx30c
Best of all is that the devs confirmed it'll work with ongoing campaigns, because while I think I'm still earlyish at 10 hours, that's also far enough in that I wouldn't want to restart. Comes December 6.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They said in the comments that it'll come with a pilot, no need to get one of your dudes killed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So, how'd things shake out with the DLC? Worth getting for the added variety? I knew before it came out that the Dread was only for special missions so that's not really a disappointing factor or anything.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Question: are the effects from those random intervention events permanent? Eg. I got one that gives my Knights -1 WP, is that just forever or what?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I done hosed up.

I booted Chaosgate up after a couple of days and completed a Technophage mission. Bounce out into the systems map and see that there is a Morbus mission halfway across the galaxy from me and yup, I'm at 4/5 since I let them build up because they're a slog. I'm not exactly sure what happened last time I was playing, either I just didn't notice it was Morbin time or maybe I thought I was at 3/5. Point being, the only save that isn't from a turn ago is almost 400 days back and gently caress that.

Unless there's a way to edit the number of Gates in the save file. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The big difficulty spike is specifically in the technophage missions, which expect you to bring a dreadnought. Outside of the new enemies they added for free, I don't think the rest of the game was affected.

E: Tho I do know they did some overall balancing post-DLC and buffed the Techmarine decently.