Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I started the game again a week or so ago and stopped when found out about the upcoming update. I did encounter a new mission type where you have to protect seed carrying servitors. The introduction of the mission implied that you'd get the seeds at the end of the mission but I got none. No servitors or guardsmen died. Did I just misunderstand that you'd get the seeds you save?

Als the new DLC sounds like a must-have, loved the assassins on tabletop and more unit types is always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
So you get to choose one assassin pretty early in the campaign, before researching the first seed. After that you can click to buy them from your barracks, each cost 3 requisition. They don't take any of your barracks slots but each assassin has only one slot, so you can get more of the same type only if the previous one dies. They can be used in all missions.

You can't change how they look (which makes sense, since they're modeled on the classic assassins which only had one model each), they have their own equipment and you can't change them apart from the wargear slot, which uses the same pool of items as your regular knights use. It seems you can get upgraded weapons and armors for assassins later on. They level up, but the progression is linear and not a tree.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Popete posted:

I want to jump back in and play this but I'm not sure if it's worth getting either of the DLCs or just disabling new enemy types and playing the base game. Any opinions on what is worth getting/disabling?

The new DLC is pretty good, the assassins are different enough compared to your regular units and the new mission types are fun. Unfortunately the disabling thing is all or nothing and not on DLC basis, so if you don't disable them you'll still get Duty Eternal enemies which can gently caress you up really badly.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Vindicare is ridiculous, especially the pistol. Infinite ammo, good damage and you have a 50% chance of getting an AP if you kill an enemy with it. Also you have a 25% chance to get one AP when you move. The "delete an organic enemy" ability goes down to 9 turn cooldown when levelled up and each kill decreases all his cooldowns by one turn.

not a bot fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 29, 2023

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

taking wounds doesn't matter. as long as you have 1hp left you're good to go.

Also it's fine to go down to 0 hp, you'll just get a bonus for it. And it's fine for your units to fully die too, since dead ones will provide ability points. the higher level the dead one the more points you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Got the first DLC story mission (destroy a hive) and yikes. After each turn there is a massive projectile which gives the plagued condition, it's something like 10 x 10 squares in size. Also you don't recover AP when you activate a pod and the enemy starts getting reinforcements from the first turn. You have to destroy 5 hive germs which act like early bloomspawns and the map is pretty large.