Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I'm only a couple missions in but setting up a triple field of overwatch to mow down a bunch of poxwalkers before they can get down the hill hooked me immediately. I don't love the art style but you can't have everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Twigand Berries posted:

I watched some preview blurb from a developer and it really seemed like they went to GW and said “40K x-com?”
and GW glanced at their plastic inventories and said “sure, make them grey knights”

Grey knights are the perfect SM chapter for something like this story. it would have been easy to accidentally write a story where using GKs doesnt quite make sense but stopping a demonic plague in its tracks before it gets out of hand, this is exactly the type of thing they should be up to!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i run two purgators, a termie justicar and an apothecary as my preferred configuration but I'm only 180 days in. the justicar is a tremendous badass, (shout out Orlanthus who has never missed a mission) the apothecary keeps him on his feet and the purgators either sweep up the pieces or set up a kill zone. haven't lost a dude yet. the apothecary throwing two buffs and an AOE bleed has been very clutch. I have only had two critical wounds, the only mission that was stressful was one where I went with 3 knights.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

is any weapon that's not basic considered master crafted? I got a warning about starting a mission with Mastercrafted weapons but was just using level 1 poo poo.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Psycho Landlord posted:

The game's pretty clear that you need to upgrade your guns and hull

Upgrading your guns and hull because an event will gently caress you over if you don't isn't fun and doesn't add anything to the game at all