Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Looking forward to playing this, and glad to hear it's decent, but I'm gonna wait until they patch it.

Ah who am I kidding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Lots of updates!

Twitch Drop items will now be available for all players, regardless of whether they watched the livestreams or not lol

Campaign Bug Fixes:

- Corrected a number of in-game text and grammar mistakes.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to perform any upgrades or repairs after the second mission.
- Fixed a softlock where hidden UI during the Stratagem tutorial could lock the game.

Grey Knight Fixes

- Fixed an issue where Grey Knights could get stuck into a no action state after certain nearby obstacles were destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where Grey Knights would be notified on an XP gain for limb dismemberment but received no XP.
- Fixed an issue where Fortitude and Iron Will would interfere with each other, preventing the appropriate Willpower Point (WP) gain.

Weapon Fixes

- Fixed an issue where the Incinerator’s primary fire did not trigger explosive batteries.
- Fixed an issue with Flames of Purity so that it no longer targets Grey Knights or hits interactive objects.
- Fixed an issue with the Incinerator and Psilencer where the firing arc was 0.
- Fixed issue with Fury of the Ancients that prevented it from working as intended.
- Fixed issue with Promethium Spray Arc that prevented it from working as intended

Performance Improvements:

- Fixed an issue where the FPS would spike when units would make simultaneous movements.
- Fixed a drop in performance in the tutorial when promoting a Grey Knight.
- Fixed a drop in performance when numerous limbs and corpses littered the map. You can now continue to cut down heretics with gleeful abandon!
- Improved performance when using the Incinerator firing template.
- Improved performance when using the Scattershot firing template.
- Fixed an issue in Fullscreen mode where the game would continue to draw on CPU/GPU resources.

UI

- Changed the save game menu to highlight campaign saves versus standard manual/autosaves.
- The Load Game menu will now automatically select whichever campaign was used last.

Feature Changes:

- Removed the auto pause feature when alt-tabbing in Windowed and Windowed Fullscreen mode. The game will now continue to run when you leave the game screen.
- Removed the heartbeat sound effect that played during the enemy turn. You will no longer hear the panicked heartbeats of enemies when you purge them of their heresy!

Balance Changes:

- The Willpower (WP) bonus for killing units is now capped to +1 WP per Grey Knight attack to remove excessive Willpower surplus at higher difficulty levels. Grey Knights can still gain additional bonus WP from triggering Autos.
- Reduced the Critical vulnerability values for enemies to reduce Critical strike chances from Grey Knight class builds that are not focused on increasing Critical strike chances. This will now provide more value to Grey Knights who have been designed to unleash more Critical strikes.
- Rebalanced a number of weapon skills that, when combined with certain abilities, were providing too great a bonus over their intended use.
- Fixed an issue where stun modifiers were not scaling correctly in Ruthless and Legendary difficulties.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 13, 2022

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sipher posted:

Yeah my teleport strike crit interceptor with t2 falchions does like 90% of the work of my squad, it's amazing.

Haha yeah same - they are the most fun to play.

I usually roll out with two Interceptors, but one in particular got to level 9 before anyone else was level 7. He’s just a murder machine - it’s a thing of beauty.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I bought the game. I've only played a few hours but I'm loving it, and I have to relate the point where poo poo Got Real for me.

Haha that was awesome, thanks for sharing. Would be cool to hear other people's poo poo Got Real stories.

I had a similar nasty one early on in my campaign.

Two portals dumped in reinforcements on either side of my team, and at the same time a wandering group decided to join the party too. So I'm surrounded 3v1 without much cover or WP.

No problem - I saved my Stratagems for just this kind of situation right? That's when I get hit with a bloom surge that blocked Stratagems for 5 turns. That's a real evil one.

To make matters worse, with my next attack I accidentally hit something that explodes and spreads fire everywhere. That was great fun!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I recruited a high-level Justicar who didnt have Honor the Chapter or Terminator Armor, that was rough. He had lots of pockets though!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

My least favorite missions are the ones where you have to wipe out three Bloomspawns that are set in on a planet with high bloom infection or whatever it’s called. Even with a couple of Interceptors it just ends up being a slog, what with all the reinforcement that teleport in and how tanky the enemies can get.

I just avoid those now. Every other mission is great fun.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

NmareBfly posted:

how do you feel about skulls, scrolls, swords, swords with skulls on them skulls with scrolls on them and scolls with both swords and fractal skulls made out of smaller skulls?

what's the actual warham word for this stuff? gribblies? bitz? well there are plenty of them at least.

It's called FLAIR

I made one character that was almost entirely made of scrolls and books - even their weapon was wrapped up. It's not as cool as it sounds.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Blisster posted:

I could still lose this game because I'm at 4/5 chaos gates with 2 reapers to go, but I think I might make it.

Man I was at this same point and the game screwed me. I was on 2/5 and I thought I was fine, but I didn't realize two gates could open at once, and I couldn't get to either of them cause some event had destroyed my engines. So all of a sudden I was on 4/5. Then a short while later another gate began to open, and I got hit with another event on the way there that slowed me down enough to only JUST miss getting there in time. I guess I should have upgraded my engines more? To top it off, the game over cutscene bugged out.

Oh well I'm having a blast with this game and I was kinda happy to start over with all the things I've learned. Some abilities like Crushing Charge are not as fun as they sound!

And does anyone else think terminator armor is maybe not worth it? With normal power armor you can pretty much take any route around the map, but with terminator armor you sometimes have to take the long way. I don't really get hit that often so the extra armor blips aren't a huge help.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

rocket_Magnet posted:

So I faceplanted near the end of my first playthrough and have galloped through a second I did not expect to face off against a corrupted chaos knight! I did green, yellow, blue first go Or expect the fight to go so quickly with an early gift of a librarian & paladin (didn't see either at all in my first game). Librarian, Paladin, Interceptor *2 feels like cheating.

Yeah same, I got a Librarian early on on my replay and drat they are so broken. That Chaos Warp thing kills like 7-8 guys at once early on.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Yeah Ruthless is great - most missions are fun and challenging. But Legendary just looks like a slog.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Snidhog posted:

The real fun of Ruthless is the larger pack sizes.

That 25% extra HP makes a difference early on too; you'll never have quite enough damage to take stuff down in as many actions as you'd like, though the daemonhammer and it's +2 damage on force charge makes it a very good choice until you start finding weapons with better base damage.

Win without using willpower :shepicide:

That would have been a fun turn otherwise.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Snidhog posted:

Every time this game gives you a cluster of enemies it's like a little christmas.

This one was where I realised that Purgators were good, actually.

I've also got to give my greatest respects to Librarians. The one I got in my first playthrough was quite late into the game and already specced towards the armour buff so it took me until my second to discoverer Vortex of Doom. The ability to just drop 8 whole damage across a massive area, ignoring cover, seemed too good to be true. I wish that Purifiers and their incinerators were quite as good; you can technically use their gun multiple times a turn, but you'll be spending most of their AP just to get them into permission.

Yeah I started a new game and had two Purgators who both ended up being lots of fun. Sometimes I would rather take the two of them on a mission rather than two Interceptors. Especially when they had 6 grenades each!

And I really don't understand the thinking behind the advanced classes. In my first game I only got one Paladin mid-way through and one Chaplain very late. This time I got one Librarian quite early, which was awesome. And now I only just got a Paladin as I'm about to finish the game. Why make them so rare? It would add some much needed variety.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Double Bill posted:

Day 600+, I've yet to see a single Paladin.

(Except the first grandmaster choice where you get to pick any advanced class, but I had no idea what the classes were at that point so I picked Chaplain... which was a mistake)

Ha yeah first time through I had no idea either and picked something boring. But luckily I had to restart my playthrough and got to pick again!

New small patch out today just to fix some crashing and stuttering? Plus looks like they added a new stave as a free gift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm tired of unequipping masterwork gear every other mission. You can't even keep it off until needed because the chapter master will steal your stuff in an event.

The game really needs to just set your weapons or armor temporarily to the default stuff when you opt into those deeds.

Just don't do those special missions. That one and the one where you can't use willpower and totally not fun and not worth it.