Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Kitchner posted:

Having WRATH and TERRA engraved on your armour in huge letters is literally what they look like though? The only reason it looks massive is because you see them up close in a level of detail not even seen in the studio painted models.

Yeah but the details on the minis are designed to be easy to paint and visible on the tabletop. Hence the heads/hands being oversized etc. It works on the combat map too but when you see the features zoomed-in it does look weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Blisster posted:

Purgators are coming up second though, I have one specced for Psilencer use that has been amazing, and just got a guy levelled up to use grenades who has 3 frags and 3 psychotrokes per mission, it's honestly unfair. The Justicar ability to give a teammate a bunch of AP has been clutch too.
Purgator is great. Grenade purgator with the 0.5 radius stun grenade and +1 blast radius is killer, just stun entire pods.

Psilencer purgators are insane too, their AoE weakness power plus 7 base damage weapon + crit on a 14 range psilencer that ignores low cover is ludicrous. You just drop 14 + crit damage on anyone you want.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Red Rox posted:

Man I was at this same point and the game screwed me. I was on 2/5 and I thought I was fine, but I didn't realize two gates could open at once, and I couldn't get to either of them cause some event had destroyed my engines. So all of a sudden I was on 4/5. Then a short while later another gate began to open, and I got hit with another event on the way there that slowed me down enough to only JUST miss getting there in time. I guess I should have upgraded my engines more?

IMO engines and prognosticars are the most important upgrades in the game. Pretty sure it’s balanced around you hitting 1/3 of the bloom events - if you can reliably hit 2/3, you have double the mission rewards and XP you should for a given date, *and* you’re clearing bloom as fast as it’s spawning so the map stays clean.

I got an event that let me choose the type of all mission rewards for a month just after one that gave +100% construction speed, so picked Servitors and pimped the ship out. Worked ludicrously well.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

TentPegg posted:

So...what I expect is the final mission. How do I go from being a slayer of all to getting myself swamped and beaten up so savagely? Everyone is level 9 but still I am crumbling due to numbers of hostiles...

Which bit of it? Indoors or outdoors? Indoors I just had the Grand Master leg it to the capture points so the actual number of turns spent there was pretty low.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
It is pretty drat hard. Even coming back to it, Normal is difficult. You really need to pick up the flow of spending all your AP bar 1 moving to ambush a pod, using that last AP to trigger it and refresh your AP, then wiping the whole thing out in one round so you refresh your AP again and get to advance towards the next one (but not trigger it that turn). Spending WP increases the warp surge meter, but so does ending a turn, so for a double refresh like that you can spend WP equivalent to 2 full turns of Warp Surge advance and still come out ahead (as you’ll make that WP back from kills). Can take a while to get your eye in on that loop.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
They even mention there’s a Waagh in the sector in one mission, sprinting across a battlefield full of guardmen battling orks to prevent a hidden ritual would be neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
It is absolutely a “Did you bring a psilencer y/n” gate though. If you get lucky and find the Rank 1 psilencer which ignores armour that mission is *much* easier.