Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Jedit posted:

I think I'm done with this game already. I just had a mission where two of the blips were so close together that they couldn't be pulled separately no matter how carefully I moved, and as soon as they were cleared two packs of reinforcements spawned in and revived half the dead ones. 20+ enemies simultaneously is impossible to beat. This was the first Seed Carrier mission of the campaign, on Normal difficulty.

This game was designed by loving idiots who should never work again.

:xcom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

I'm not surprised by chaos or grey knights, they're just kinda boring. This is a 40k game with really good mechanics even if it has balance and UI issues, so I want to see it expanded into other parts of the universe that are more fun. :shrug:

Seems to be a common problem with 40k games these days. I liked Mechanicus but holy hell was it monotonous. Nothing but Necrons and Necron tombs from start to finish. Also Battlesector, nothing but Space Marines vs Tyranids (though I think it got some new DLC recently)

Gladius has some nice variety though, making it one of the few 40k games with any replay value.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Are all the reapers as annoying as Munificus (damage immune when not stunned guy)? Because holy hell that difficulty spike compared to all the previous missions so far. Granted I went in blind with a suboptimal crew, if I was playing ironman that would've been almost impossible.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Red Rox posted:

And I really don't understand the thinking behind the advanced classes. In my first game I only got one Paladin mid-way through and one Chaplain very late. This time I got one Librarian quite early, which was awesome. And now I only just got a Paladin as I'm about to finish the game. Why make them so rare? It would add some much needed variety.

Day 600+, I've yet to see a single Paladin.

(Except the first grandmaster choice where you get to pick any advanced class, but I had no idea what the classes were at that point so I picked Chaplain... which was a mistake)

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Apparently the Dreadnought is only usable in the Technophage DLC missions, so a small portion of the overall game. The Steam reviews are not happy about that, currently at "mostly negative".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

The problem with Tech Marines is their weapons suck rear end and the servitor damage values are too conservative.

The servitors felt pretty underwhelming until I tried the one that incapacitates. Disabling a (non-large) enemy for a turn for 1 AP from a decent range has been amazingly valuable in the late game where everything has tons of health and armor.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 17, 2022