Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am a little confused on when the part targeting appears. Is it on Melee crits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was really enjoying this, but then I got a bug where I couldn't move my dudes. Reloading resolved it, and I was going to restart the mission anyway due to things goings bad, me being a dumbass, and also choosing to take the Glorious Deed for not spending Willpower. Still, I think maybe I take it easy on the game while a patch or two comes. I do really dig the game enough to not refund it (Not that I realistically could; I already played past the 2 hour mark).

EDIT: Actually, I may as well restart to get rid of a couple of early mistakes (I am only on like my 3rd or 4th mission). Speaking of which:

1. Take the Terminator armor upgrade on the starting dude. I was under the impression that the armor wasn't available at that point, but then I saw it right there in your inventory.

2. When placing Prognosticars, the Corruption reduction bonus only applies to the planet you apply it to, not the adjacent ones. Still probably worth aiming for coverage, that said.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 8, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pierson posted:

I appreciate that spotting an enemy pod automatically refills all AP to full because accidentally uncovering one with your last dude in XCOM1 and being forced to sit there and seethe as they set up was infuriating.

Also when I realised every single ability use raised the surge gauge I stopped using Aegis every single round and suddenly it stopped filling up so fast! Who'd have thought!

Wait, I thought it was only when you were spending willpower?

Also, I am still very confused about harvesting seeds and when precision targeting happens. I thought it happens when you get a critical hit, and I managed to get a seed that way, but then I did a melee attack on a seed carrier, did not get the precision targeting prompt, but it gave me a seed anyway? Granted this is on the first mission where you are able to harvest so maybe they would give you a freebie.

EDIT: Okay, I just went back and noticed there is a Warp Counter penalty there when you use Aegis Shield.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 9, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

parabolic posted:

Hate to be annoying and bump this but I can't find an answer anywhere else online either. I just got through one of the first big plot beats having done a bunch of missions and still can't use any stratagems. I am hoping I can find out before progressing further and lock myself into a no-strat run somehow.

Once you have a Strategem it should allow you to assign them when you are preping your dudes in the Teleportarium (40K is the dumbest poo poo). There also should have been tutorial prompts forcing you to assign Quicksilver and, in the mission on your first group of enemies, how to use them. The assignment menu should be at the top and the using menu should be at the upper right.

The only thing prognosticars do is if you are in an assigned ones zone of influence and it would give an extra slot for Strats.

If it is not available to you at all, then it may be an unfortunate bug.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Basically prognosticars, on the system you apply to:

- lowers the corruption level on a system

For the system and all adjacent systems:

- adds a few days that a mission would be available on that system
- allows to you to preview which enemies are in a mission

Basically, you want to deploy enough so it would cover the entire map, I am guessing.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, I am a bit confused (A running thing in this game, good as it is): I got an event that basically has Kai saying "You need to be more badass" and I chose the option to commit to a Glorious Deed, figuring that it was a matter of just taking the next glorious deed that I have available, but in the events list it says that I need to (I have a feeling this is a units spoiler) destroy a Reaper? I haven't seen those yet.

Also, if I want to unlock armory slots do I need to save my requisitions for the next Kai report?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kanos posted:

Yes. If you want to upgrade your post mission loot choices you need to bank requisition for the grandmaster reports, which usually means being conservative about taking loot.

Oy, I was assuming it would give me some requisitions.

That said, I do have a have near the end of my most recent battle, so I could at least keep the for requisitions for an unlock.