Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
My Edge browser can't connect to anything any more, it thinks every site is not secure. Including SA which as I post here in Chrome is obviously still working.
What happened was a followed an old link and it popped up a "click if you're not a robot" and I clicked and I got infected with something. It was sending notifications from notfcompreviews which isn't anything as far as I can tell. Then I ran Avast and cleared cookies and blocked whatever process was sending stuff to notfcompreviews and now nothing works. Every site says "The connection for this site is not secure"

I went to Google and tried stuff there. I cleared the cache and history and reset the settings in Edge. I went to Settings - Apps - Edge and first wanted to uninstall and reinstall but the only option was "modify" so I did that.

edit: after all that a reboot fixed it. closing.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU