Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
It’s 2 AM on a Sunday night and there are 2600 people browsing. Doesn’t seem very dead to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

ellasmith posted:

It’s 2 AM on a Sunday night and there are 2600 people browsing. Doesn’t seem very dead to me.

that's a mid-tier twitch streamer

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They're ghost people

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Haunting the empty ruins of the web

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Bea Nanner posted:

to be fair SA has way more content providers than one idiot yelling into a camera... but also, if that is your thing, you can find that here too.

we have like 2600 idiots posting stupid poo poo 24 hours a day. and its only ten bucks one time (unless you're cool)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
im just making the comparison, no judgement here

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
We live in a capitalist society so anything less than perpetual growth = dead.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
SA still going strong

Want to post on ebaums forums? Tough titty pal, they dead :angel:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The average age of goons is like 40 at this point. There's no young blood coming in so what people are saying... We are dead men walking... makes u think

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're just saying that to scare you. Everybody knows there's no such thing as dead gay forums.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
SA isn't some huge internet phenomenon like Reddit but it'd probably suck balls if it was, just like Reddit

Reddit is just youtube comments. It's just anonymous people posting out of sequence and yelling over eachother while up and downvoting. It sucks poo poo

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They're just saying that to scare you. Everybody knows there's no such thing as dead gay forums.

Will you check under my bed for me please, daddy?

After that, check inside my bed daddy :3:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It's because we're all like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense. We make references to cultural phenomenon long out of fashion.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Bea Nanner posted:

As someone who grew up with a selfish rear end in a top hat brother who never shared video games even when they were two player the idea of Twitch makes me viscerally angry.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper: :gaysper:

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
People say lots of poo poo, and if you believe every single thing that everyone says then you're going to be too busy thinking about the stuff that other people said to think for yourself.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Because the forums are dead OP. 1,000 of those people are the same goon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Because you post 900 godawful shitass threads like this every day OP.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

The vast majority of users are just bitcoin mining rigs in china that have the forums landing page open 24/7

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
it's not just dead, it's dead AND gay

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they're just talking about the previous owner.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

206,443 users total.
That's all there's ever been. And lots of those are alts and crazy people re-reges.

The forums were never that big, the internet just used to be smaller.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ellasmith posted:

Don't forget gay, we're dead and gay.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

bitterandtwisted posted:

206,443 users total.
That's all there's ever been. And lots of those are alts and crazy people re-reges.

The forums were never that big, the internet just used to be smaller.

alright, I’m gonna do a livestream until we hit 999,999 users. I’m not gonna piss, poo poo or sleep til we hit our goal~

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

Bea Nanner posted:

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Why are people comparing a forum to a twitch streamer. Two different things, aren't they?

2000 online users? Well did you know that the game of thrones finale had millions of viewers? Check and mate

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

The average age of goons is like 40 at this point. There's no young blood coming in so what people are saying... We are dead men walking... makes u think

That and we slowly lose members every year. We should probably rethink the paid forum model.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nooner posted:

SA still going strong

Want to post on ebaums forums? Tough titty pal, they dead :angel:

Hehe:corsair:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Why are people comparing a forum to a twitch streamer. Two different things, aren't they?

2000 online users? Well did you know that the game of thrones finale had millions of viewers? Check and mate

2k is like a tiny reddit about DIY nipple clamps. The internet is loving massive nowadays

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah it's pretty big. But the biggest places also suck the most. The top youtubers are all obnoxious as hell, the top streamers are jokes and the biggest "forum" is just dogshit.

The best youtubers/streamers/influencers are all small or mid level imo. Finding a niche you like is the best thing, everything else is just generic noise

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yeah it's pretty big. But the biggest places also suck the most. The top youtubers are all obnoxious as hell, the top streamers are jokes and the biggest "forum" is just dogshit.

The best youtubers/streamers/influencers are all small or mid level imo. Finding a niche you like is the best thing, everything else is just generic noise

that tasting history youtube guy is pretty big and he owns. but otherwise, I agree.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i bet you think shopping malls are still kicking it op since they still have a food court and old people making laps

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
There's a front page?

Also, im gay

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

vandalism posted:

There's a front page?

Also, im gay

Yes, you’re posting on it. :v:

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
I'm posting!!!! IM posting on an internet forum!!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

That and we slowly lose members every year. We should probably rethink the paid forum model.

The only losing member around here is yours

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Haha yeah I hated the popular kids in school and explained to my parents why I wasn't one too op

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SA might not be fully dead, but Lowtax is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

this is actually a tontine. eventually we will begin gathering a funerals and side eyeing each other wondering who will be the next to go