Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
it's the flavor
hot banana
stoke gunner
fridge magnet
bon goku
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i was gonna write a long post about how i'm so depressed about how it seems like there is just no actual possibitli of me ever having another friend again, ever, because i live in what is apparently the actual worst place in the universe, and also my fuckin neighbor won't stop screaming

so i decided not to make that post, and i guess, go walk around, or, maybe go to sleep

\man i hope yer day is going better than my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Do you have a dog OP? Dogs are great, they will make you probably feel good.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drown your depression with liquor OP.

Flush it down with some brown.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

where do you live? I used to think this was a really important thing

I used to live in Tampa where I was kind of lonely. To make things better I moved to Seattle where I'm more lonely than I've ever been lollllll

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Go hang out at a coffee shop and read a book. The walk will feel nice, the reading will be distracting and :coffee:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Do you have a dog OP? Dogs are great, they will make you probably feel good.

This is actually scientifically true, OP.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hope your day gets better OP (:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Get a VR headset and spend the rest of your life in VR Chat cybering with Peter Griffins.

Alternatively go to E/N and get some advice there. Depression's a hell of a thing and there's no one cure-all for it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Do you live in BFE somewhere? Even there, you can find a lot of peace hiking/camping/walking.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Shocking lack of concern for your screaming neighbor, OP. Maybe they're being disemboweled or something.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yesterday I got upgraded from regular generalized anxiety and depression to bipolar depression. Hopefully it'll lead to better medication!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
OP I've analyzed your post and it sounds like you are primed to get "really into" something. Lots of people in situations just like yours have suddenly gotten really into something, with amazingly unpredictable results!

Some ideas for you:
- Warhammer 40K
- Vtubers
- Cryptocurrency
- Bizarre new workout routine
- Anime gacha games

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make a catalog of smells, we could all really use one in this day and age. Then you'll get rich and as we all know rich people can't get depressed.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I was thinking about that the other day and I did some light exercise and walked around the yard in the sun. After that I thought about coming up with a plan to climb over the fence but I think I'm going to work on legal options instead. Good luck OP

Soulkys
Sep 7, 2008

The beast of Tanagra
talk to your neighbor maybe y'all can scream together?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Yesterday I got upgraded from regular generalized anxiety and depression to bipolar depression.

*gasp* Nooo, really?!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

go for a walk OP

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Life suck sometimes, op. Like, I've been stuck under the bed for a day now screaming for help but my depressed loner neighbor just ignores me. I will probably die here. But I hope it works out for you. Don't lose hope

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
drink ayahuasca with a respectable cult!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

also if you or anyone you know is considering suicide please reach out for help. Depressive thoughts and hopelessness can mislead us to thinking we dont matter to others or that we cannot escape our despair. You are valued OP and anyone reading this even if you don't believe it. Also check out mental health resources available to you. If you are on medicaid a lot of these resources can be free!

Get help today if you are suicidal: 800-273-8255

Also just a good talk about suicide:

https://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_briggs_the_bridge_between_suicide_and_life?language=en#t-830649

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i was feeling down and put upon this morning but then i went to the judgement free zone and listened to the yellowjackets theme on repeat and now i feel better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejbCGfJJh8

can't argue with the power of exercise and cathartic music

no return no return no reason

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

kntfkr posted:

i was feeling down and put upon this morning but then i went to the judgement free zone and listened to the yellowjackets theme on repeat and now i feel better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejbCGfJJh8

can't argue with the power of exercise and cathartic music

no return no return no reason

I mean that lady doesn't LOOK happy

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Big Beef City posted:

I mean that lady doesn't LOOK happy

She is NOT faking it until she makes it!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

*gasp* Nooo, really?!

Jealous, bitch? :smug:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi OP you are my friend.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Big Beef City posted:

*gasp* Nooo, really?!

Rude

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Don't de-press, re-press! Wait

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Jealous, bitch? :smug:

No, I'm glad they're fixin you up and am happy for you actually :)

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
uh oh uh ohhhh uh ohhhh uh ohhhhhhh

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
sounds like your neighbors got a lot going on, why don't you see what they're up to

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
OP do you like to play video games and make dark and largely ignorant comments about current events?

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
try going to a circus!

ask if they have a discount for being Pagliaci

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
Gonna need some more info about the worst place in the universe? Like, are you in the core of a dying sun? Or just Sandusky?

Also seconding this:

EmbryoSteve posted:

also if you or anyone you know is considering suicide please reach out for help. Depressive thoughts and hopelessness can mislead us to thinking we dont matter to others or that we cannot escape our despair. You are valued OP and anyone reading this even if you don't believe it. Also check out mental health resources available to you. If you are on medicaid a lot of these resources can be free!

Get help today if you are suicidal: 800-273-8255

Also just a good talk about suicide:

https://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_briggs_the_bridge_between_suicide_and_life?language=en#t-830649

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
When I feel really down and depressed I like to flip through Man After Man: An Anthropology of the Future and that perks me right up

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Well op, depression sucks! There is one useful thing about it and that it’s pretty dope when used in creative endeavors. I’m sure you must be feeling a lot of emotions and have lots of thoughts that weren’t there before. Do you sketch? Play an instrument? Produce music? Of course you can write - maybe you could pen a poem? Or journaling, gently caress it just write some weird depressed fan fic. Hell, do a paint by numbers but gently caress around with the colors so it’s all greyscale instead of bright/happy. Something to externalize these uncomfortable thoughts really.

It’s not gonna help you “feel better”, but if you can make a habit out doing one (1) creative thing a day with your angst and frustration, then you have effectively brought into existence something that is literally completely unique AND yours. Over time, it will become a bit of a release and might even be a highlight to know that even on the worst days, you felt like you could still do something positive and productive

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
What works for me is magic mushrooms. Well, they’re working right now, moving through my words, like worlds, like a caterpillar. I’m not depressed, lol.

I took ‘em cause I was sad and now I ain’t sad I’m jolly.

I am not a doctor or a priest or whatever though.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 12, 2022

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Nigmaetcetera posted:

What works for me is magic mushrooms. Well, they’re working right now, moving through my words, like worlds, like a caterpillar. I’m not depressed, lol.

I took ‘em cause I was sad and now I ain’t sad I’m jolly.

I am not a doctor or a priest or whatever though.

Hell yeah! Do you play video games? Play some kind of cool game. Last time I did shrooms I watched Adventure Time and it was just like wayy too much and it felt post-apocalyptic. Imo play a game

They say shrooms are good for microdosing and it might be a treatment for depression. Me, I am depressed and wish I had some friends or family here

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Do you live near a good amusement park OP? Because that's the answer. Season pass.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Have you tried shooting up, op? Don't crack, try some smack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
at this point i'm like, can i find someone with a heroin or meth habit and like, i'll pay for most of their drug habit if they'll hang out with me while they do the drugs, haha

but also not haha