Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
it's the flavor
hot banana
stoke gunner
fridge magnet
bon goku
View Results

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

EmbryoSteve posted:

also if you or anyone you know is considering suicide please reach out for help. Depressive thoughts and hopelessness can mislead us to thinking we dont matter to others or that we cannot escape our despair. You are valued OP and anyone reading this even if you don't believe it. Also check out mental health resources available to you. If you are on medicaid a lot of these resources can be free!

Get help today if you are suicidal: 800-273-8255

Also just a good talk about suicide:

https://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_briggs_the_bridge_between_suicide_and_life?language=en#t-830649

Not to be a downer, but, like, my eviction just went through and I’ve been trying to find a way to get a home and nothing Is working and the only reason I did not euthanize myself is because I do not think my all 4 of my cats are rehomable and I had no friends that I could trust to rehome them where I was living.

I also realized I’m not actually depressed. I’m just loving angry and exhausted.

I’m currently living with my mom, which is awful for both of us. But at least this area is a little cheaper than Austin.

I finally got written permission to telecommute 100% on the loving day of my eviction, which I really needed two months prior when I asked for it originally so that I could get an fha loan to buy a house. Cause I decided I wanted to move back to Kansas where I still have trustworthy friends who are well aware that I have not ALWAYS been a complete loser and I couldn’t find anywhere decent that would let me fill out an application workout meeting in person.

So, like, what exactly are the resources for when someone is considering suicide going to do to help when it is obvious that I will not be permitted stability due to committing the sin of being poor? How much time are they expecting me to spend not working when my job thinks allowing someone off for a few hours to fill out rental assistance paperwork is a fine reason to fire them because they did not request to do so over two weeks prior?

Now, tbf, I doubt most rental assistance programs are going to deny assistance because you made the mistake of paying as much of the rent as possible so now your remaining balance is a little over 50% of your take home pay that month so, you know, it’s a bad idea to try to pay any rent if you will be applying for assistance. But I don’t honestly know. Maybe that is the policy for all states.

See. I’m just angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

numberoneposter posted:

go travelling

take a month off work and get out of north america

go to belize or thailand or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDjnG8J9cY