Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
it's the flavor
hot banana
stoke gunner
fridge magnet
bon goku
View Results

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I get pretty bad depression in the winter. I cope with it. Often watching reruns to avoid sleeping 14+ hours a day, that only prolongs how many months the depression lasted for me, and also made me stiff and feel like more poo poo.

Keeping a proper bed time and forcing myself to stay awake even if it was watching SG-1 yet again. Richard Dean Anderson ask Baal if his name is as in bocce again. :allears: Just find something to pull you out. I've oddly found bottom barrel ad supported phone games where you are more watching ads than playing help. They keep me distracted enough without requiring much input and I can just kinda idle and burn time until I work it out.

But this is a seasonal depression if you suffer from the more year round type I'm not sure it will help, but maybe. Don't pay for the lovely phone games, that's a rabbit hole of being bored by them and broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Big Beef City posted:

There are multiple, accessible fixes to avoid....ALL of this with almost no effort on your part, no lifestyle changes, etc. All of this can go away.

That's not what I'm saying sorry if it read like that. Different things work for different people. I still have months every year where I barely have the motivation to drag myself out of bed. I'm trying to instill that there is hope for everyone to find a way to manage and live with it.

Obviously this is not applicable to all depressions.