Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Arzaac posted:

Having played with Pablo a fair bit I think he might be a little weak, and it mostly comes down to just the mechanics of shields.

Because he specializes in amulets, he really needs his teammates to buy shields, and that's a nightmare with randos. Even if you're coordinating well as a team, the presence of Pablo kinda forces everyone to gently caress with their build order to accommodate him. And for that matter, it kinda sucks that there isn't anything in the skill tree that increases the healing of amulets like there is for shemps.

His ability to go lone wolf is very nice though, I just wish he had a bit more support in him.

Lone wolf ability on a support is weird. His design is working at cross purposes. It would feel way better to have his outline ability on a warrior or hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Did they ever fix animation cancelling for the elites thunderstruck ability? I know it was on there bugfix list. By starting the ability and then dashing at the right time the lighting would still go off, but the ability would not be put on cooldown, thus allowing it to be spammed constantly.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Somberbrero posted:

On the other hand, I have won one game as Demon post-patch out of about thirty.

The games I have won as demon post patch have all been games where the survivors have been either new, loving around, or I make a rare early discovery. I understand completely why they had to nerf the demons early game, getting attacked by possessed basics 90 seconds into a match sucks and isn't fun for anyone. However, if I find I can't get enough damage output to overcome their stockpiles of amulets, ammo, and Shemps so long as they have a competent support and no lone wolf feeders. Previous balance was too reliant on the demon finding the group early, and even if they didn't win outright, using continuous pressure to drain supplies and disrupt looting. Without it, I don't know what the demon is supposed to do.

The other trend I have started to see is teams of 3 warriors with either Support Ash or Cheryl. The warriors just face tank the demon using the mix of damage mitigation, excellent sustain, and almost instant balance bar shattering melee.