Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I’m iphoneyop in game edit: added to the spreadsheet

tuyop fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just left corn jail. A fitting end but now I feel lost and empty.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh boy gold leafs. gently caress.

And that stupid hops guy you need to be level 99 complete. Goddamnit!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

New pet drops a lot of stupidly good stuff. Regular nets AND large nets, Large Chest 2 (for the millions of screws you need), and crab claws. A level 6 parrot would make its money back in a couple weeks from the nets alone.

Is that a better buy than level 6 tree frog for someone who just started the A Towering Investment quests?

I need to save up that billion and it seems like i can make like 50mil/hour so sometime tomorrow, I guess.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I made a board in this MultiTimer app that i love, for all the crops after perks.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ugh how do we level up exploring again?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

:sweatdrop:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tolth posted:

I am now in Corn Jail. Why is the game doing this to me?

This is a favour from the game so you explore the other mechanics :)

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Koryk posted:

Is there a way to jumpstart new players? Something expensive that you can mail to get their sawmills online?

Maybe those chests full of stamina or nets

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Agent355 posted:

I need 300 salt, which translates to 15,000 salt rock. I can get that from WC at a rate of like, 50 per arnold palmer, so 300 arnold palmers or like 100,000 stamina or something?

Is there a faster way to get these or is that just how it be sometimes.

I need to do a ton of WC to get to 99 anyway I guess so it's not like it matters.

What do I do with all the materials from WC I'd get on the way to 99? they seem all to be pretty useless aside from the fruit and oak, and I get way more oak than I could ever use. Garnets are nice too I guess, the other stuff doesn't even sell for much, it'd be less work to just void it.

All that salt took me three days, enjoy!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

Non-event day?

There are regular events that give bonus silver and xp. Last one wrapped up May 18th iirc and gave a 38% bonus. It was also a super cool event.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Should I not buy herbs today?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

Awesome, thank you!

I'd been trying it on my phone and it's a little bit better but the repetitive tapping still ends up being pretty bad for me. Normally I don't mind doing it in short bursts but the fact I need around 250 gold fish meant that this one was just too rough.

We’ll send you so many mealworms

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm at 99/99/99/88 (stupid exploring). Here's my pet situation.

I now have 1.3bn silver and I'm not sure what to do with it. Upgrade steelworks?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

Baboon for grape juice and gold peppers? Armadillo for steel bits?
Gonna need a shitload of the lemur's level 6 drops for the tower soon enough, too.

Yeah I’ll go with lemur :)

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

campfire posted:

blue purses are great as a good way to use your leather from exploring forest for antlers that makes good money, if you start grinding WC making garnet rings and sturdy bows is pretty solid profit. 90% of silver in this game comes from fishing at LI or now PC though, crafting silver is more of a bonus in late game than a primary source of income (with the notable exception of selling sphere hoards during event bonuses)

probably worry about upping sawmill and hayfield before steelworks unless you feel really starved for steel, its hyper expensive. for reference my inv is just under 5k, i have 5k boards and wood per hour, 2k hay per 10m, 1k stone per 10m, but only 300/100 at steelworks and even that is arguably more steel than i need even for chasing my last couple steel GMs. in your case i would probably spend it on hayfield

Holy poo poo. I thought wood wasn’t worth leveling past a certain point because the payoff is asymptotic. I will get more wood now because 5k inventory :stare:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Has anyone else done Strange Companions V? I need 400 Gold Peas and 400 Gold Peppers and holy poo poo. A whole inventory of 1200 peas gives me 2-3 gold ones. So like, do I just do that... 267 times?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did those AHK scripts for fishing end up getting detected?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sexual Aluminum posted:

PHR status: Good?

This one’s very clearly a good deal

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Arcturas posted:

Oof, the exploration grind to 99 looks brutal. I'm about halfway there (at 92 exploration), and it looks like it needs...1.8 million stamina to get there, exclusively exploring WC? Or am I misreading the Farm Buddy calculator - that's with all the exploration xp perks and all the free explore chance perks, but not counting the stamina refund from grabbing apples, oranges, and lemons while exploring.

Now I just have to do some rough math on my daily stamina generation from the orchard (about 980 inv. cap) to figure out how long this will actually take.

When I stated the event this month it said I’d need 3300 Arnold Palmers. It took me the whole event with an auto clicker at 18cps plus a couple days after to get from 92 to 99. And I had like almost a million stamina saved up

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Fishing merit badge acquired.

That’s quite a feat, congrats

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

susan b buffering posted:

If anyone has any cheese burning a hole in their wallet, I'm a couple hundred short for this ATI quest. IGN is killdozer.

You been full so you got this sorted, eh?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
That should be more than enough :)

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I will not fish for gold ones anymore. I just use the autohotkey scripts and a chrome extension to change the colour of the water. I took out the blue ball clicking on one version of the script and it just loops using mealworms.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

monkeytennis posted:

I’m guessing this only works on a proper computer and not on iPad right?

Only on windows, no less. I’ll repost them and credit the op when I get to that computer

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sorry for the delay, here's the fishing AHK scripts:

code:
;tab nation with help from Chris Kimbrell
xpos1=
xpos2=
SetMouseDelay,-1
SetBatchLines, -1
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
Process, Priority,, High

InputBox, howmuchbait, Bait Amount,How much bait to use?, ; Input Amount of Bait to Use
tooltip, Put mouse in top left corner of pond and press F6
Return
f6::
If xpos1 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos1, ypos1
	tooltip, Put mouse in bottom right corner of pond and press F6
	Return
	}
If xpos2 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos2, ypos2
	; tooltip, Put mouse in the upper left of pond and press F6
	; Return
	}
tooltip, fishing will begin in 3 seconds. Press F2 to end early
sleep 3000
tooltip
loop	{
	loop	{
	Random down1x, 10, 20
	Random up1y, 10, 40
	Random up2y, 40, 75
		;light mode 0x50452F
		PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x13323b, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)
				{
				; tooltip, No Fish Found
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				1Py += up1y
				1Px -= down1x
				Random fishclick, 1, 2
				MouseClick, left, %1Px%, %1Py%, fishclick ; Click on Fish
				; tooltip, Fish Found, Click
				fishcount++	; Increase Fish Count
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 150, 400
			sleep %randsleep1%
	loop 20	{
		; loopcount++ ; Displays a count on screen to verify search is progressing
		PixelSearch, 2Px, 2Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0xFF0000, 50, Fast ; Find Blue Button
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)
				{
				; tooltip, No Circle Found. Attempt %loopcount%
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				; tooltip, I found the Circle!
				2Py += up2y
				Random dotclick, 1, 2
				MouseMove, %2Px%, %2Py%	; Used to test Mouse Click Position
				MouseClick, left, %2Px%, %2Py%, dotclick ; Click on Blue Button
				; tooltip, I tried to click the Circle!
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 400, 1000
	sleep %randsleep1%
	if fishcount = %howmuchbait%	; End Fishing if Fishcount = Bait Wanted to Use
	break
	}

f2::
Msgbox, Fishing Completed! You have caught around %fishcount% fish! ; Display number of fish caught
reload	;exitapp

oldskool posted:

:siren:Caveats:siren:
  • You have to zoom in enough to get the fish slider bar's popup into the fishing area, because otherwise you end up having to pixel-search way too massive an area & it fucks up. I'm not sure if this is related to searching the color itself, or the range of colors it's looking for, or just not enough CPU cycles to get it to find the dot, mouse the dot and click the dot before the dot's moved from where it thinks the dot is. Personally, my zoom is 250% and that gets the bar fully into the pixelsearch area.
  • The color set up is for dark mode. There's a bit that says ";light mode 0x50452F"; replace the 0x13323b in the line directly below that with 0x50452F if you're one of those light moders.
  • Color recognition for actually hitting fish is hit-or-miss; doesn't work at all on Minerva, works ~85% of the time on Large Island. It always moves to the fish on LI, it just....doesn't always click on them, or the click doesn't register, and I'm not sure why. I figure having it bumblefuck around a little bit here is probably good for anti-botcheck if nothing else, and atm I'm only fishing LI anyway, so I haven't dug into this like I originally wanted to.
  • Hasn't missed a blue dot for me.

And to do it with mealworms:

code:

;mealworms only!
;tab nation with help from Chris Kimbrell
xpos1=
xpos2=
SetMouseDelay,-1
SetBatchLines, -1
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
Process, Priority,, High

InputBox, howmuchbait, Bait Amount,How much bait to use?, ; Input Amount of Bait to Use
tooltip, Put mouse in top left corner of pond and press F6
Return
f6::
If xpos1 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos1, ypos1
	tooltip, Put mouse in bottom right corner of pond and press F6
	Return
	}
If xpos2 =
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos2, ypos2
	; tooltip, Put mouse in the upper left of pond and press F6
	; Return
	}
tooltip, fishing will begin in 3 seconds. Press F2 to end early
sleep 3000
tooltip
loop	{
	loop	{
	Random down1x, 10, 20
	Random up1y, 10, 40
	Random up2y, 40, 75
		;light mode 0x50452F
		;all except farm pond and lake minerva
		PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x13323b, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
		;farm pond
		;PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x3b4542, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)
				{
				; tooltip, No Fish Found
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				1Py += up1y
				1Px -= down1x
				Random fishclick, 1, 2
				MouseClick, left, %1Px%, %1Py%, fishclick ; Click on Fish
				; tooltip, Fish Found, Click
				fishcount++	; Increase Fish Count
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 150, 400
			sleep %randsleep1%
	sleep %randsleep1%
	if fishcount = %howmuchbait%	; End Fishing if Fishcount = Bait Wanted to Use
	break
	}

f2::
Msgbox, Fishing Completed! You have caught around %fishcount% fish! ; Display number of fish caught
reload	;exitapp

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

check in on your raptors for something I can't talk about

edit: raptor must be at least level 10

This changes everything.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Unponderable posted:

Requiring a super rare in an exploring zone where the only option is manual clicking is literal torture.

Nobody is clicking manually 🤫

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

LLSix posted:

Vineyard is crazy expensive. I just managed to buy enough grapes to make one grape juice every day. I shudder to think how much it's going to cost to get enough to support my 2 grape juice a day habit. As good as it is, I think maybe I should have held off on buying the grape juice pitcher perk. It's going to be a long time before I can use it.

Yeah probably not going to break even until you unlock at least broccoli, which grosses 200k/row and will recoup the investment into gray jay capacity quickly.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Vasler posted:

Still trying to get the rare drop to get rid of the sandwyrm in the desert. Is there a way to automate clicking? It really sucks clicking at 10 stamina a go. I've spent well over 400k stamina so far.

There are tons of autoclickers out there. Autohotkey on windows is great for all sorts of stuff like this, on Mac I have an app called autoclick by a small dev. In Firefox there’s a great extension called auto clicker that’s good too and can even manage a plant/harvest loop for all the <15 minute crops. I can share links if you like.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I’d appreciate this.

For Mac the best basic one I've found is Autoclick by Mahdi Bchatnia.

On Windows, get AutoHotKey going and use a script like this. There are tons around, they're real basic.

For Firefox, there's Clickin by B-aublys that I like a lot. It takes a little tinkering but here's the workflow for an automated farming loop:
1. Go to farm
2. Right-click the harvest button > Send Element to Clicker
3. In the clicker icon, click the name and call it harvest or whatever (not necessary but I like it for keeping the later steps straight)
4. Do the same with the plant icon.
5. Next to each line in the extension menu, change the unit from s to ms.
6. Work out your crop's growth time in milliseconds and add about 150ms to this for the harvest field, 250ms for the plant field. For example, a potato for me is ready in 2m30s, that's 150s or 150000ms. I set the harvest click for 150150ms and the plant click for 150250ms.
7. Press plant.
8. As soon after as you can, hit the green "on" button in the clickin extension. You don't have to be terribly fast here because once the timer ticks over, it will catch up again.
9. Wait. I like to top up my seeds and sell/give away the excess on my phone while the browser runs. I assume it's bad for evading their bot detection to just be planting/harvesting nothing for awhile but I've left it for like an hour or so by accident before.

Note: With this there will be some "creep" as each click iteration gets farther and farther away from when the plant is ready for harvest. At a 250ms delay, every four harvests you'll be a second behind. Not too big of a deal with potatoes but it means that after 20 harvests of peppers (with the tower upgrade) you loop back around again to being on time, but you have to wait 50% as long after 10 harvests.

Also note: This extension is very durable to page changes. I've accidentally refreshed, clicked away and clicked back, all sorts of stuff and it seems to just pick up the timer where it left and do its thing again no problem. Very cool extension.

Oh and also for Firefox is the Farmrpg-Extensions by Coderanger extension. It's really good but I couldn't get it to work with my default profile so I made a profile for farmrpg alone. Works fine for me.

For some AHK scripts for fishing, and a clever Chrome console workaround for mealworm fishing that someone posted, check my post history.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kids these days get all the grind perked and cooked away for them. Tsk tsk

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

LLSix posted:

I was browsing the pet store and noticed I've unlocked banded armadillo but not the half dozen or so pets between the snake and it. It costs 125million, lol. That's how much my next row of crops costs. The cost of pets and the value they provide just gets completely disconnected, doesn't it?

No there are some very profitable pets

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
So cooking kind of sucks eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

How do I turn off items auto-locking themselves for quests?

The only way to avoid that is to not track the quest