Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I joined up yesterday as “Poetics” and there’s quite a bit of fervor about the anniversary event. I wonder how long the bonuses will last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Make sure to use the unlock codes at the post office; you can get a few million silver easy that way. Definitely got me over the hump into saw-town

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
And all of a sudden I hit a broccoli wall…

(I’m 75/69/77/69)

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Does Iron Depot make the Ironworks wholly unnecessary/redundant?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

DRINK ME posted:

I just got to A Way Back XX today, it’s a big ask but big reward quest

:stare:

And here I am lamenting the fact that most of my quests now need 25-100 cotton each, geesh.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Am I the weird one for having 4x R11s in my inventory, even after making my first Lava Sphere?

Looks like I’ve grown just over 3000 corn

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Should I focus on leveling up my existing pets or pick up new ones? I’m currently eyeing the hedgehog and/or armadillo. I’m nowhere near the 1b club but after some grinding this week I have found myself with a 150m silver surplus.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
29 more golden leaves until I unlock WC. I don’t think I’m going to be helping Buddy with his blue gel thirst before it expires.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Tahirovic posted:

250 apple, 260 oranges, 310 lemons

With everything else you have I'm surprised you haven't maxed out your fruit production; free ongoing stamina is great

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Made it to Whispering Creek finally and got my first raptor egg to boot! It was a good day.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Some events (like the game’s release anniversary last month or the upcoming 4th of July) award +20% XP bonuses

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’m at 86 / 97 / 94 / 85 and four of my six quests require a L6 pet (the other two are waiting on honey and corn jail).

I should have my first billion in the next few days, which I understand should go directly to Storehouse +Inventory. After that I guess it’s Frog time, and then hope to have another bill by the time the next event rolls around for the bonus farming XP.

I guess in the mean time I just keep grinding out that corn and making Large Nets?

Edit: None of the above quests will be completed by my having a frog, sadly

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

DRINK ME posted:

You can safely ignore the Collector quests until you are otherwise just upgrading pets to level 6, they don’t lead anywhere or unlock anything.

Does this include the Anglerfish from the Macaw? I know that’s part of the new fishing area unlock

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Holy hell, Steak is 27k today. Time to stock up!

Edit: Also finished the corn questline. Woo!

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jun 13, 2022

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
It looks like each of my 1–10 runes has a single request remaining; is it silly for me to hold off making Inferno Spheres until I get to that point? I have the L6 green dragon so I get runes all the time.

My fear is that I’ll suddenly come up short when it’s the last quest in a chain or something.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Special Event posted:

Enjoy +15% more Skill XP and Silver when selling at the Farmer's Market, now through Sunday evening!

:yotj:

Edit: and now +15% gold on purchases too

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 24, 2022

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The worst part of gecko jail is that I need literally nothing else from Black Rock Canyon so it’s just stamina down the stamina drain.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’ll have to start with the claws; I hadn’t even considered them since picking up the macaw. Thanks for reminding me to look at the longer-term goals!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Which pet should I level to 6 next? I don’t have my 1pm farm row yet; I’m waiting for the hopeful July 4th event for the XP bump, but I make a billion every few days.

I’m considering spider for R20, boar for free steak, or the penguin for silver generation.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Right now I’m making at least 3 Grape Juice per day (my current spend) so I’ll hit up the other suggestions—thanks!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’m now 99/99/99/94 and making my way through my remaining quest lines, Strange Companions and A Towering Investment.

While the rewards for SC are very nice (I’m on 8 of 14), I’m assuming it’s more important for me to grind toward finishing ATI (2 of 18) first, right?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Ferns and Geckos, man. Ferns and Geckos.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Klungar posted:

Herbs, not Ferns.

You're right, I was tired last night :)

And thanks Kaboobi, that makes sense

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Personal Requests are out of Beta – if you have Farming 60+ you will find them with your other quests

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The scrollbar is hidden behind the search bar, if memory serves. Scroll down a bit and you should see it

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

That’s exactly where I’m at now and the advice I get is “keep doing WC”. Money is rolling in at a very steady clip from large nets but I know when I hit 99 exploration it’ll vanish in a flash with the new pets.

Also I’ve been explicitly told to save my geckos for ATI since I’ll get them back, which makes having to re-collect them for Strange Companions a non-issue.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I'm really not a huge fan of how there's no way to refresh personal help requests other than by completing them or by spending my limited quantities of Peach Juice. Some are just really, really poor returns.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Just hit 4x 99

:yotj:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Done and done, actually. I’d been hoarding for a little while

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

mrmcd posted:

Just got my first billion. What should I spend it on? I'm still grinding out unlocking WC and some (I think) of corn jail. L6 Macaw? The 1B farm row?

+Storage. It adds up very quickly

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Day 36 update: Reached 4x99 and moved past ATI's honey jail. Feels good.

Saw you post about that in Giveaways earlier; I’m still waiting on Honey to get there myself :(

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
210 moonstones to go…

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Goddess has been hitting achievements left and right!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

:stare:

That's unimaginable to me.

In other news, I unlocked the tower! Bye bye silver

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Always stockpile large nets unless you are close to capping out

Could you expand on this? For me they’re the best way to start climbing the tower and those relics are really useful

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
New items have shown up in the Workshop, likely related to the upcoming exploration zone: canoe and steel plate

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
ATI will require 100 geckos, but you'll get them back shortly into the tower (for use with other quests)

You'll need all 100 spiked shells for one of the final legs of ATI as well.

I found the extra tosses great for unlocking the tower, but now they seem extraneous

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Tendales posted:

Anything you know how to easily get a lot more of. If you don't know a quick way to fill your inventory with it, don't sell it

This is the one true answer

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Submit a help request; those (obviously) shouldn’t be popping up

Edit: My current quests require I grow 1000 broccoli and 1000 pine trees. Looks like I know what I’m planting for the next week

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Hmm, do I go for my next farm row (10b) or buy the Onion, which will give me lots of crops.

That's honestly a tough call