Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I think I’m getting close to WC in the quest line, but am at a standstill today due to lack of stamina for glass orbs to make steel for scissors. Is there any way to get glass orbs or the precursor components other than exploring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Klungar posted:

You can trade for them, but the universal trading currency is Orange Juice. You might be able to parlay spare Mushroom Paste/Leather/Rope/Yarn/Twine to OJ to Glass Orbs though.

I begged some Shimmer Stone off of someone who was voiding it for GM.

Now I’m 2/64 for Gold Leafs. *sigh* Not as close as I thought.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
What’s the most effective way to get the 64 gold leafs for whispering creek unlock? Farming them straight out of the forest seems like it will take over 300k stamina.

I can probably pull 2-3 out of the wishing well a day, I don’t have any 1 billion unlocks yet, but it seems if I rush tree frog that will give me 12 per day?

So instead of trying to brute force them from the forest, I’m thinking grind mount banon or ember lagoon for lantern materials? Or would that stamina be worth more as antlers from the forest to be turned into nets dumped into large island?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

Getting to Parts Unknown XX and Islands are Hard to Catch feels like hitting a huge wall. I had hoped I'd unlock Whispering Creek in time to finish to quench the worst thirst vii but I don't think there's any chance of that happening now. Like an idiot, I didn't buy the lemur until I got Parts Unknown XX because I thought... who needs all these bugs? Now being 40/128 on beetles feels really bad... =(

Im exactly where you are right now, racing for WC before the 31st, but the limiter is gold leaves (and to a lesser extent dice and spectacles). All of my bugs came from giveaway chat, and I only had to ask once for each type before my mailbox was flooded.

I’m 42/64 for leaves and should get the rest by Thursday. I’m a little worried about magna quartz through. I have enough for the quest but not enough to craft the compass. I’m hoping the 100 lemonade and orange juice rewards for the Parts Unknown XX will sort that out.

Also, I’m stocking 750 corn, because of course that what they want next.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Do a way forward, it will give you a sphere that you don’t have to pay to craft at the end.

Anyone who needs gold leaves check your locksmith. Large chest 01 has 100 of the ancient coins and we’ve gotten a lot of treasure keys from quests and stuff lately.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Done with Parts Unknown XX, thanks Borgen!

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I think 300 grapes to make 3 wine a day to put in the cellar is the first break point, then enough to make enough juice to take advantage of all of your grape juice usages is the next.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
My exploring is lagging way behind everything else. 10-18 levels. Does spamming stamina give more xp than using lemonades/Arnold palmers?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
What is the deal with salt? A fairly uncommon explore that takes 50 to make one? And I need 100s of it?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’ve had WC unlocked for a week and have a total of 131 salt. I guess I’ve been too focused on using the oak instead of voiding it.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Agent355 posted:

I'm not done with corn jail quest but I've been chasing the explore/fishing zone unlock quests instead and explore zone quest 16 is TWO CORN RUNESTONES.

Just when I try to get out they PULL ME BACK IN.

luckily I already have 1 and haven't reached the pity one yet so I won't have to grind for an unknown amount of time, but also gently caress. I was really hoping I could get to the zone and get a material for a monthly quest before wednesday, but now I' mgoing ot have to get very lucky.

E: also I have every farm upgrade that's cheaper than a billion, I've maxed my orchard (until I buy mor etree space with gold upgrades) sawmill, quarry, etc, so I'm wondering if it's time to save up a billion for a level 6 pet for another row of corn?

If I do save up a billion whats the best use of it? I'm at 300 million currently because I just got a 100,000 item mastery but it'll be awhile before another of those hits.

Do the level six tree frog asap, then the armadillo level 3. This will remove the last roadblock to WC which otherwise will take forever and suck up all of your stamina for days/weeks and allow you put that stamina into more profitable explores than pre-Large Island forests.

The second billion comes much quicker that the first and doing the tree frog first will cost you 6-10 storage (2 a day for 3 to 5 days).

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Nice! Talk about coming down to the wire…

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Spend enough time in corn jail and she starts to worry about you!

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Does tower require 99/99/99/99?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks. Also, after 10 days of spamming stamina into WC I finally got my first raptor egg!

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
How often do they do special events? Do we have a time frame for the next one coming up?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Is there a way to jumpstart new players? Something expensive that you can mail to get their sawmills online?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Plus, any raptor eggs you get with the stamina you would have otherwise spent in the forest will eventually return far more antlers than you’d get by exploring in the forest.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Is there any xp bonus to ciders, or is the 40 apples it takes to make them just a straight QOL cost?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Don’t bother grinding streaks for xp. You’ll cap fishing naturally far faster than anything else.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I think the high count gold fish requirement quests are what finally pushes me off this game.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Looks like it has the potential to kill off of Giveaways chat by making a sink for large quantities of rare but otherwise useless items, like the exchange center did for spiders/snails/bird eggs, etc

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
What causes them to run the special request quests like the blue drink one that ran from May 12-30 and gave 100 AP at the end?

I was expecting one to pop up this week if they're monthly.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

Bottlenecked in two main quest lines by hundreds of golden fish, not even halfway up 98 farming to pursue capybara relief, feels bad!

Yeah, me too. Where’s that AHK macro someone was working on?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Do the game devs care about fishing botting?

Yes, but I don’t care, either way I’m freeeeeee

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Even bottling gold fish is tedious. Thanks again for the script, just unlocked Pirates Cove.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

FreshFeesh posted:

Which pet should I level to 6 next? I don’t have my 1pm farm row yet; I’m waiting for the hopeful July 4th event for the XP bump, but I make a billion every few days.

I’m considering spider for R20, boar for free steak, or the penguin for silver generation.

Get pig to 6. He doesn’t pay himself off, but you will eventually need 700 moonstone.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
We all bear the same scars

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’d bet the number of people to stumble across and download the game to find that there is no graphics and bounce is pretty high. Probably 46-51%

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’m sitting on two of the summer baskets, what are they selling for?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Not to try and be a lore nerd in a weird little phone game, but what’s the deal with the last of the Strange Companions quest line? It just ends abruptly with no resolution.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Ya’ll just need some new kicks

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I hit T100 and completed some quests and am staring down liquidating 5,000 large nets. Anyone have a script?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm back in Gecko hell for this Strange Companions quest, and I just need silver to get the last few tower floors before T100. I feel like I'm so close to another milestone and am not sure what my next objective will be once I hit that.

T109 gives 1000 geckos. Focus on that rather than the quest.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I just typo’d and spent 100 billion on increasing my straw production

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Yeah, butter sucks. I’ve been trying to convert my milk to butter as a last thing of the day and so far it’s paid off twice.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I need a 04 and a 09, and two 06 if anyone can spare. IGN is same as forums.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Your MB is full

huh, I thought the NPC items didn't count against the limit. Cleared it out.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I still need 04, 09 and 06 x2. Mailbox is clear again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Got you the 4 and 9.

Thanks!

Still need 06 if anyone has an extra.