Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Game owns. I’ve got a ton of Arnold palmers lined up to finish my final 99 in exploration and like a thousand large nets to fish WC with once the bonus ticks up some more, along with the piles of lava and inferno spheres like the other goon mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Dev also mentioned good things for the item of the day coming up which makes me wonder there will be something like lanterns again, or even the spheres.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Through Sunday evening

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Tahirovic posted:

Thanks for the quick answers. I started as ColeusSanctus and used your referral code, doesn't look like I got a mail with free stuff tough :(
Gonna see if I can get a hang for this and maybe get the gf to play it too.

You have to hit farming level 30 before receiving the basket.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

monkeytennis posted:

100% agree with this post and I do exactly the same with oak etc. Garnet Rings are great for making loads of cash.

I’ve got 1600 lava/inferno spheres just waiting for that bonus to go up. Holding my nerve.

I added everyone itt I think. I’m 4 x 99 and have loads of everything - if you’re newish and in need of anything just shout!

Hello inferno spheres today. Almost pulled the trigger on selling my stockpile but I guess I’ll wait to eke out a few more percent as the hot potato bonus increases throughout the day

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

It only took like 60,000 stamina and a couple of hundred Arnold palmers this morning but I finally broke through to 99 exploration to land me at all 99s now. Really hating this tower quest to get 150 each of a bunch of gold fish, even with mealworms.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Agent355 posted:

Also you can click on any item and it will tell you if it there are quests that need it. Says 'like 'requests remaining' or something

I assume if it doesn't list any then it doesn't have any.

That said, requests are regularly added so something may become required in the future. Once I got to a point where silver wasn’t a hugely limiting factor I stopped selling almost everything except a few high value things from the sawmill and get rich quick guides.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Ineptitude posted:

About to hit 99 exploration, i have a million stamina, just need to get off my butt and spam.

Not sure what i should focus on on all the 4x99 unlocks. Thinking the greater capybara as it gives Grab Bag 7, which is free gold fish.

I hate manual fishing even with the meal worm and am really dreading the Tower quest that needs 150 of each golden fish.

I just hit 99 yesterday and yeah, bought the capybara for the same reason. gently caress that quest

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

tildes posted:

Do you think it’s worth saving for the billion upgrade? I could - I think it would take like a bit over a week probably. If there’s nothing else which is going to rly be increasing my silver income I could just save for that.

Oh also important clarification- I meant I had $130 million left, not thousand ***

The billion upgrade also gives you a ton of farm exp. I saved my purchase for one of the events with bonus exp and it took my from the low 80s to mid 90s if I remember right. Easily at least 10 levels I think.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Tahirovic posted:

Good news for people who don‘t like manual fishing. I got high and ended up with a 906 streak just now.
I got 27 spare gold jacks I can hand out.

Can’t mail gold fish 🙁

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Xerol posted:

Wishing well can give some. Re: golden fish once in a while the wheel will give me a cache of a ton of them, so I will just trade whatever I have most of in the wishing well to try to even the numbers out. I don't need any right now but I know there's some upcoming quests where I will need a lot.

Re: farming, I'm approaching level 99, been using 4x grape juice daily on beets which is doing most of the work there. What do you farm when you hit 99? Specifically what do you use grape juice on? Obviously beets are the most XP and silver, but is there something else worth juicing? During the day I've been doing either corn (don't need it right now but I'm sure I will eventually) or mushrooms (need that pasta), and once in a while a load of wheat or pumpkins for flour/feed.

You’ll need some beets and sunflowers for requests down the road so build up a stockpile of those with grape juice. Otherwise there’s usually something that needs growing for some request or another. Barring all that I usually default to broccoli as the right amount of time I don’t need to pay attention but doesn’t put me out too much if I need to farm something else and it turns into feed.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

Honey is honestly the worst garbage to keep having to wait for, very tempted to plow through the rest of my exploring levels as soon as possible to get that bear.

Allow me to assure you that that is much easier said than done. Exploration sucks to level

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

New pet released, gets crab claws at level 6

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Yeah, I immediately bought it and upgraded to level 6

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Yeah, OP should be updated to indicate that it you don’t get the referral bonus until level30 farming

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

oldskool posted:

How screwed am I if i don't finish the monthly quests? Only a couple days left and I'm nowhere near Always Be Corning...

You’re just missing out on some various rewards. Not anything game breaking.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah don't bother chasing that Salt quest until you unlock Whispering Creek. It'll still take a while but it'll drop much faster than in the other zone and you're getting better explore xp from it.

I've finally escaped Corn Jail and now I'm in honey/herbs/salt purgatory, but still too poor to get L6 pets.

Orchard is maxed to inventory size, bought the 1B farm row and storehouse upgrades, and just hanging out. Levels are 98/86/94/83 so should I start farming harder for nets to get 90 fishing? I have Large Island unlocked and should get to 1000 streak for the the xp bonus.

Are thre any good sources for antler besides Forest and the pet? (don't say wishing well lol)

Raptors for antlers. I get a full inventory of them every day at this point. Otherwise, it’s really just forest.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

There’s actually a library entry for recommendations on your first billion, and first ten billion. I’d stick with increased storehouse inventory growth.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Agent355 posted:

ugh, only 10, so not even close. Man the quests to unlock these zones are brutal.

The tower has some poo poo ones too. Still slowing plugging away at needing 150 of each golden fish.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Lone Goat posted:

i just got to the one that wants 20 of five different ones and i'm already annoyed lol, guess I gotta start saving up for a capybara?

Yeah, honestly I’m pretty much relying on that and the wishing well. I’ll occasionally do some fishing but even with mealworms I don’t have much patience for that many drat casts.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

You can also occasionally get small screws from your ironworks. Upgrading it does not increase that chance though, so just buy it and leave it alone.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I’m guessing Fourth of July for the next event.

Exchange center for the shark teeth and anglerfish

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Shinjobi posted:

I just need 5 gold carrots

Blergh

Check your mail

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Can someone send me 7 grapes?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

buglord posted:

Somebody break it to me gently: theres 99 entire 99 Bottles quests aren’t there?

Click on the hops in your inventory and look at how many requests are remaining 😃

Thanks shinjobi for the grapes.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I need 180 grasshoppers and dragonflies as well as 70 gold peppers if anyone feels like dumping some in my mailbox. I don’t have the bandwidth to sit in trade chat and giveaways right now but will check my mailbox pretty often. Happy to send back some goodies like nets or OJ. So close to being done with ATI

E: good now!

rafikki fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 8, 2022

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Looks like he added peach juice to skip the new personal help requests. I have one I’d like to skip but already completed the other two. Sigh. Luckily they’re tradeable

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Time to unload all the steaks you bought the other day.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

rafikki posted:

Looks like he added peach juice to skip the new personal help requests. I have one I’d like to skip but already completed the other two. Sigh. Luckily they’re tradeable

Free peaches today, and mega beets!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Virigoth posted:

Why is honey important?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

New Skill Perk: Double Hooks - 20% manual fishing will catch 2x of the fish

Might make gold fishing a little more tolerable.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

FreshFeesh posted:

It looks like each of my 1–10 runes has a single request remaining; is it silly for me to hold off making Inferno Spheres until I get to that point? I have the L6 green dragon so I get runes all the time.

My fear is that I’ll suddenly come up short when it’s the last quest in a chain or something.

One of the requests towards the end of the chain to unlock the tower asks for 4 of each runes 1-10, and 11-20. That’s probably the one you have left so depending on where you’re at in the chain, I wouldn’t worry about holding on to them as long as you have a steady supply.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Capfalcon posted:

If anyone has extra spiders, I could use them so I can finally get that exchange center trade.

Username Capfalcon in game as well.

Inc

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh dip. Yeah I'm in.

Noted, still worth it.

Doesn't this all make the Ironworks pretty pointless though?

Buy ironworks but don’t level it. You occasionally get small springs, but extra levels don’t affect that.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

if you're not growing mushrooms to slap together poo poo, always be growing random other stuff to fill up your inventory because some quest is going to want it

Yup, I try to keep around 1k of everything on hand.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Man, people love that leaderboard for the community center. 1000% completion already. Several of the names in the top 10 lately have brag posts in their bios about being like the second person to grandmaster large nets or whatever. Takes all sorts I guess.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Ineptitude posted:

What does everyone do with their livestock?

I just pet and feed them, i rarely bother butchering them unless i need bacon or leather for a quest.

Same

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there anything useful to do with ancient coins other than the wednesday shop? I capped my inventory and still have a couple full days of chores and such that will be getting voided.

e: just noticed I can get extra wheel spins which isnt the worst

More vaults and tossing into the well also.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Extra tosses in the well are gold, unfortunately.

You can toss the coins into the well to get some rare things like orange geckos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I’ve been ignoring the personal requests since I did a few the first day. Are people finding them useful to complete?