Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Quick question, does the game sync work well enough between iPad and iPhone? It says it works but before I get into this, I'd like to know for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the quick answers. I started as ColeusSanctus and used your referral code, doesn't look like I got a mail with free stuff tough :(
Gonna see if I can get a hang for this and maybe get the gf to play it too.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Sawmill silver is great. Waking up to an inventory full of wood and boards to craft sturdy shields feels nice.
Just not sure at what point I should stop pushing most silver into the sawmill and start fixing up my orchards and buying more fields.

I am at 88 boards/hour and 70/wood hour now.
I‘ve got 20 fields, 100 chickens and 24 cows. The orchards are at 20 trees each.

What are good ratios to aim for now? Upgrade everything until the silver cost reaches 150k or 200k or?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Quackles posted:

I'm getting bored with manual fishing and I need to catch golden fish...

For reference I just got my 10th Gold Sea Bass after a 702 streak. It seems 500-700 is my range of manual fishing attempts for the 10 gold fish in each area.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Good news for people who don‘t like manual fishing. I got high and ended up with a 906 streak just now.
I got 27 spare gold jacks I can hand out.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I've been thinking about making a simple macro in Bluestacks to automate growing some crops. Basically let the game run in bluestacks and harvest + plant carrots every 3 minutes or whatever. I think they would not find that and it's not something that messes with the game.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
That goes into the grape juice question again.
It seems it would be advisable to always use them on the longest crop or beets instead of corn?
You lose 3 hours for two batches of corn but get several days of crops you need later on.

If it matters, I am currently Farming 64, Fishing 63, Crafting 69, Exploring 69.
Next to the sawmill silver I try to make as many fishing nets as possible to level Fishing to 68 for the Minerva unlock.
Crafting Pipes and shields and if I have spare mushrooms I also go for sturdy swords.

My silver is split between more boards, wood and orchard right now.

Is there anything I could do to prepare for the Minerva unlock?

Should I use my grape juice on corn, broccoli or wheat?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So I am in Corn jail meaning I need 600 or so more corn. I finally got the runestone from it too.
And that‘s the problem, the next runestone comes from Hops, apparently.

I am guessing Hops has priority now since the runestones give me access to the next area?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Archenteron posted:

Joined as Archenteron using the OP referral code and I have already been subjected to a slow but steady stream of various items coming into my mailbox that I don't know if I can sell or not (following the When In Doubt, Don't Tell It rule). Getting eggs, acorns, a 3-leaf clover, iron cups, a Gold Eggplant(?!?)

I also can't find the Tutorial?

I sent you some eggs and mealworms. You‘ll likely have a lot of requests for eggs and no way to get more early on.
Use the mealworms when you have a request for golden fish. They only drop from manual fishing.

I am trying to level fishing so I am crafting a lot of nets. Does it make sense to send them to someone with 91 crafting but not 99 yet, to craft me large nets?

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 20, 2022

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Koryk posted:

What’s the most effective way to get the 64 gold leafs for whispering creek unlock? Farming them straight out of the forest seems like it will take over 300k stamina.

I can probably pull 2-3 out of the wishing well a day, I don’t have any 1 billion unlocks yet, but it seems if I rush tree frog that will give me 12 per day?

So instead of trying to brute force them from the forest, I’m thinking grind mount banon or ember lagoon for lantern materials? Or would that stamina be worth more as antlers from the forest to be turned into nets dumped into large island?

According to help channel and my own experience, Magicite into the WW is your best bet. There‘s not a lot of other ways.

I am still far away from needing the gold leafs but I am already working on them that way.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

monkeytennis posted:

I found a new jail. Shinefish jail. :negative:

I spent the entire weekend fishing, because I only had Catfish locked and used the sell all fish button a lot.
So here's my lesson from this, never ever use the "Sell all fish" button. Sell fish manually but never go below 250 on any fish. Trust me it will save you time.

I guess it goes back to the general advice I've seen: Do not sell anything you can't craft.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So I need some help with silver spending decisions.
I have a sawmill making 466boards/wood per hour. 250 apple, 260 oranges, 310 lemons. 400 grapes per day. 11 Iron/33Nails every 3 mins. 11 steel and 4 wire per hour. 270 straw/hour. 540 stone per hour with a 932 inventory.
My pets:

I have all farm upgrades I can get with 83 farming. I have the 100m crop row.
I am on the second last step of Parts Unknown, one that requires Corn while I am in Corn jail to begin with. Large Islands are unlocked and making me tons of silver.
Where do I focus my silver now?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I've been involved in trading a bit and yes, get some mail box upgrades if you want anything to do with it.
Best trade I did so far was 1k leather and I was glad the guy had 205 mailbox space.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's funny. I hit 99 Fishing yesterday while my exploration is still stuck at 82. It's slowly getting higher as I focus most stamina on WC for the raptor egg, but it will take a while.
If WC dropped mushrooms things would be easier. That stupid bow recipe should be crafting 95.

I got my second billion yesterday so now I have a lvl6 Macaw for that sweet sweet silver. Probably gonna do Frog -> Squirrel -> Husky with the next 3 bil.
Some people say Frog is less important after having unlocked WC but I still need several hundred for TOI, once I start working on that.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Both Husky and Squirrel have Requests with 500m silver rewards, so they are half price, it's why I am considering them this early.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah I got Macaw as my first level6 pet and it is great, so many nets.
Ended up making Snake my second, now it'll take a day or two for the next. If I got Green Dragon unlocked by then I'll probably make it my next one.
Sometime next week I'll finish the 10x 10k streak achievement and will have to ask for spending advice again.
For now I think Green Dragon -> Frog > Squirrel > Red Dragon -> Husky seems like a good lvl6 order.
In general I am gonna focus on getting all the required lvl6 pets now while keeping sawmill / orchard up with my inventory.

One thing I want to point out, both Quarry and Steelworks seem kinda great to invest into. Steelworks is expensive but gives me a lot of runestones, and it's the crop runestones.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Since this decision was up for me and I got some help from help chat, I decided to post it here for people in a similar position. Once you have the spare silver for the 1b crop row (I'd suggest getting 4-6 pets to lvl6 before and the very first bil should be storehouse anyway). Here's some numbers to decide if you buy it now or wait for a possible event. Note, currently help chat assumes next event to be around 4th of July.

If you don't have lvl90 farming yet, you will be using Grape Juice on Sunflowers (60'480xp per plot) because Beets (90'720xp per plot) unlock at farming 90.
You have 32 plots before buying the 1bil extra row which adds 4 more plots. So the math is kinda simple:
32 plots * 4 grape juice uses * 30’240xp (difference between Sunflowers and Beets) = 3'870'720xp per day increase (5'806'080xp/day if you have the 2 extra grape juices from beta)
4 new plots * 4 grape juice uses * 90'720xp = 1'451'520 per day increase (2'177'280xp/day if you have the 2 extra grape juices from beta)
So you get 5.3m xp/day for buying the extra row with 4gj uses/day and 7.98m with 6gj uses/day.

The 1bil crop row is apparently 1bil xp, the event bonus is expected to be 10% to 25%, so 100m to 250m bonus xp. So it's 20-30 days until buying now is better than waiting for the event. Even less if you have beta for the extra 2 gj uses/day.
I ignored xp modifiers from perks and upgrades as I figured they would be the same for both the event bonus and your gj crops. I ignored the xp from normal growing of crops, so in reality the 1b crop row returns the lost bonus xp even quicker.

What I am saying is, everyone will be telling you to wait with the 1b crop row for an event, but you should enter your numbers to see if that's really worth it.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I hit fishing 99 while my exploring and farming were in the low 80s. Exploring just takes way longer than anything else.
You can speed it up by voiding things in WC but I feel that's a waste when you can work on masteries on the way and make tons of silver from crossbows.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I feel like I totally lost the personal request lottery:

Old Boot is something I don't get a lot, 165 of the 185 I have were gifted to me after I complained about the quest in help channel.

Yeah I am not gonna give you Seaweed, ATI requires way to much of that.

25 Spectacles that is between 15k and 20k stamina in Small Spring. No thanks?

Maybe I don't understand this game enough but all my three deals seem horrible. Maybe they're good for people with Tower 50 or something.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

campfire posted:

i'm an endgame (probably top 20) player, never occurred to me to look on SA for a thread tho

Now I wonder, are you just someone who started really early or are you one of the whales, which is apparently like a unicorn in this game.
Really curious about your progress in tower and the like.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I decided it would be funny to work on my exploring 97 and get it up a bit while getting some other stuff out of the way, so I went and got Energizer Bunny (have 1m stamina not in items).
It took me over 5 hours to work through that 1m stamina, trying to not void anything.

I know with a bit better planning and more voiding I might have hit exploring 99, as it is I made it to like 98.15 or so.

On the plus side I got several GMs and got fat progress for others. Also got around 400 LNs banked now and got 4 or 5 bil silver out of it, that has now been invested into Sawmill, Steelworks, Quarry, Hayfield and a lvl5 penguin.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I had a very productive Saturday with lots of dope:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Well I started it on the first day when I saw the achievement and learned about Tower unlocks and gold fish. Figured you'll need the goldfish anyway, might as well get 2.1b silver on top.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Note that it seems to have been confirmed that there will be some sort of event for the 4th of July.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I felt today was a good day for the spiked shells, with the clown fish in CC and I need the 100k achievement there.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I don't really see the point in voiding everything for a single goal. It might give you a small short term advantage but the long term costs seem bigger?

If you grow a couple of badges of Mushrooms at your farm each day, you should be able to explore grind WC without voiding things, making tons of silver and getting GM progress on the side.

Edit: This is what my current masteries look like after trying to avoid voiding:

Ah then it will be less profitable to grind out and voiding might be the better option. On the plus side you might snag up the odd Orange Gecko, you will need a lot of those.
vvvvvvv

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 18, 2022

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Luck, kindness of strangers, and lots of clicking.

Also perk sets from Patreon so that I could have otherwise suboptimal +xp perks.

Nice following your progress. I‘ve not seen you in help chat in a while and wondered if you were on vacation or something.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

even with 10 rows and 9 minute grow time I’m still growing mushrooms 80% of the time I’m actively playing. it never ends.

Check your Mushrooms, my counter is at 1.3m.
Everything I want to do needs paste.

At least I am not in a hurry anymore now, hit Tower70 last night and now I am just chilling for a bit.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I got a new quest chain that requires 4.3k corn and still had a Jubilee quest for 1k corn. Corn jail is eternal.

I think I figured out why this game is so much fun, I do plan my masteries and GMs a bit but it always ends up like this:
1) I want to GM bottle rockets, I need feathers, lets explore Small Spring for feathers!
2) Oh I run out of Coal, lets go to Banon
3) Oh I run I have max inv Carbon, lets craft steel/wire for oak stuff
4) oh I run out of Oak, lets put a couple APs into WC
5) What was I doing? Ah yeah, I need feathers, back to Small Spring

I find myself jumping from zone to zone because something hits max inventory and I need other resources to craft that into useful stuff. This whole cycle is really fun for me, trying to not void anything useful and get some progress on all those masteries and GMs.

At least Craftworks is in beta now, so I do get automatic progress for some things:

Still looking at a week or more to get myself from T74 to 80, the floors after that will take even longer.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

monkeytennis posted:

Crikey that’s quite an achievement I don’t think I can even contemplate working on that.

It took me 60ish hours I think. But you can do it while commuting on the bus or during boring meetings at work.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Ineptitude posted:

Im the exact opposite, having to constantly remember which zone to go to for the next part of the loop and juggling like 8 different item goals at the same time is not fun, always second guessing if i am going to the most optimal zone or wondering if i shiuld be crafting something else.

Most days i just craft my stamina items and check in a few times to harvest crops and craft capped resources.

I am capped on OJ and AP now so i guess i need to start using them.

Don‘t worry about efficiency too much, get what you need from whatever zone you like.

By the way most people just use their stamina items to bank it, I‘ve been sitting on 100k+ stamina for a while, the passive regen really aint that hot.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It‘s been mentioned before here but for everyone who has the resource saver perk or even T90:
Resource Saver perks are bugged when the crafting hits your maximum inventory.
You have 100 spaces free and craft 100 items.
The game rolls the dice 100 times to see what Resource Saver procs you get, we get 20 procs and thus craft 120 items.
This is 20 over our inventory limit, the game returns us ingredients for 20 crafts, meaning we used only 80. Those 20 crafts will have a new chance for Resource Saver procs, meaning you just got more than the 20% from Resource Saver.

Basically crafting to max inventory gives you free stuff.

It gets finicky in chains. If you do Large Nets 10 at a time, all the subitems at max inv will save too.

It can be annoying to use and will hopefully be patched out soon, but if you want to min/max you should. I think it was up to 10% saved with perks and 20% or whatever with T90.

Ignore this if you don‘t want to burn out.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You can only send 3. Go through the stats and pick the three strongest ones. They gain points as they win fights, so pick wisely.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The only stats that matter for RFC are speed, attack, sp attack.
If you mostly gained HP / def your Raptor sucks, like mine.

They will have to do some stat tuning.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
There is apparently 1 bug remaining that prevents Craftworks release. It's also unclear if it'll be released before Resource Saver bugs have been fixed. Note that Resource Saver and Craftworks are kinda related, Craftworks having lower output and not full Resource Saver procs is intented.

About the mastery event bonus, one rumour has it, that it'll be a proc chance, so every item you craft has a certain chance to give +1 instead of +2 progress towards masteries. Pretty similar to Resource Saver.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Don‘t underestimate Onion pet by the way. You can find the ROI calculations on Discord and maybe in Rkm13‘s pet guide.

It is never better than 10b storehouse but competes with 10b crop row.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am looking for more stamina for this event. So I am selling 1k gold at the rate of 100g per 1k orange juice.
Hit me up, I can often be found in Help chat, ign: ColeusSanctus

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Voiding counts for masteries.
Mentioning that, the current event mastery bonus always rounds down, so try to craft in even 10s because 9 gets rounded down.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If you have a lvl10 raptor you can buy toilet paper from the soap shop of Raptor Fight Club. Remember the Request is up until the end of the month, you got an other 15 days of collecting soap to buy toilet paper with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am Tower94 and heavily AK locked as well. I have several mid term GMs in the works but those will take 2-3 weeks, so I decided I'll use this event to buy the 100b crop row. That'll make my gj's 10% more efficient, make all the crop GMs (of which I have zero because it's more annoying/tedious than manual fishing) 10% faster and give me a merit badge.

So depending on how many LNs and stamina you got, it's imo a valid strategy to buy 100b crop row before T100, if you're AK locked.

I am sitting on 85b silver now, so I'll probably reach the 100b tomorrow.