Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A few tips:

* After you unlock chores, try to complete them every day. Not only does this give Ancient Coins and progress toward the monthly rewards, you'll be stockpiling progress for the endgame tower.
* Be sure to ask for help if you're stuck on a request for a giftable item. One of the potential daily chores is to gift items to other players, so there are always people happy to offload trash they don't have a use for anymore.
* The library is a very useful resource. The database at https://buddy.farm is also very helpful for figuring out how many of an item you'll need and how soon you'll need it.
* The wishing well is extremely helpful for completing certain requests. Check the loot table to see if you have anything to trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just hit 94 crafting. One more level until I can dye my leather stockpile.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 13, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally got the corn rune. Feels nice being able to progress through the storyline again.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just bought the ninth row of crops and my farming level jumped from 81 to 97.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hooray, more corn jail in the Whispering Creek questline!

And it also looks like I'll be dumping bacon down the well the next couple days for leaves. Guess I won't be getting the gel for Buddy's event quest in time to take advantage of the event bonus.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Goodbye event. That was some amazing leveling.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Don't forget to turn your first set of runes in to the requests, you get an orb from completing the questline and don't have to pay the crafting cost.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Agent355 posted:

I looked at the spreadsheet but it seems only some of 1-10 are available and neither leeks or cukes is.

No, they're there. You can get the leek rune from wishing the small pond rune or the radish rune and the cuke rune from the misty forest rune.

Corn rune is an absolute bastard and I'm glad it dropped before I gave up and upgraded my owl.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

400 more corn for Whispering Creek, 400 more for the event. Corn parole is slowly getting closer.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The only time you shouldn't be converting orbs to bottles is when you need them for steel. Like right now I'm maxed on jade and need steel to convert it to charms and I've also got a request that's asking for 300 steel and 100 orbs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Unlocked Whispering Creek, hit 99 crafting and bought the one billion silver upgrade for the daily storage increase. :toot:

With that out of the way I can shift focus to item mastery. No more lanterns, my coal is going toward black powder and my bottles are going to everything else that needs them.

Ineptitude posted:

Exploration is quite a grind. The xp per stamina is fairly low so it requires quite a lot of it to get to 99.
The amount of clicking required is rough as well. I was 93 before the birthday event and waited until tge 35% bonus and even then it required hours of spamming stamina, and thats with also consuming 400 AP and 300 cider in the process.

The game could use a QOL update with regards to spending stamina, 2 or even 3 more stamina doublers would honestly not be out of place (and have them be cheaper than 250g)

Hopefully the level 80 zone addresses the problem of exploration falling behind the curve.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Don't forget the blue dye. This is going to be a major boon for blue purse production.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Klungar posted:

Mount Banon is probably better overall based on the things you can get besides Glass, but Ember Lagoon edges out if literally all you care about is Glass. I’d still go with Mount Banon though.

Cane Pole's shimmerstone drop rate is just as good as Banon when you need more mushroom paste than the farm can produce.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Going back and forth from the store while mastering everything that requires iron or nails gets old real quick. Iron depot also has the hidden benefit of purging them from the exploration loot tables, which makes it one of the most unique perks in the game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If you haven't dumped an apple into today's CC, you should. Grasshoppers only come from the lemur at level 6 and you need ten times as much to unlock the tower.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vasler posted:

Been a week of growing corn and still no runestone 11.

Expect to be at it a few more weeks. I got enough corn for ten Corn Quandary requests, most of the current event requests and the last event's corn requests before the drat thing dropped.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FreshFeesh posted:

Should I focus on leveling up my existing pets or pick up new ones? I’m currently eyeing the hedgehog and/or armadillo. I’m nowhere near the 1b club but after some grinding this week I have found myself with a 150m silver surplus.

Get the lemur, it's better to have excess bugs on hand than discover you don't have enough for requests weeks from now. Level 5 baboon and owl are a good investment because their loot pools have a ton of useful things.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Steelworks just added to beta

Produces steel/wire hourly, with rare chance of getting runestones 1, 6, 7, 8 and flywheels.
None of those runestones are generally mentioned as difficult to get, would be better if it was the corn or hops ones imo.
Getting more flywheels is great, those are real nasty to craft. Possibly the most difficult item to craft even?

The flywheel parts chest drops from parrots now, so that's less time spent filling the void with sandstone from BRC. Of course, that still requires a lot of keys from fishing Minerva unless you're 4*99 and have the bear..

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Now you're free to grow mushrooms all day and glue stuff together.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The reward for the final Corning quest is slightly less valuable now that we've got the parrot giving chests and crab claws.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Agent355 posted:

I'm not done with corn jail quest but I've been chasing the explore/fishing zone unlock quests instead and explore zone quest 16 is TWO CORN RUNESTONES.

Just when I try to get out they PULL ME BACK IN.

If you have the Captain's Voyage questline unlocked it turns one corn rune into two. I'd definitely recommend doing it before the WC questline.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally hit 85 exploration and can buy the dragons, just in time for the Consequences step that requires 40 green cloaks.

e: cleared the request before I'd saved up the money for the daggums.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 31, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:toot: crossbows! :toot:
They finally added a use for arrowheads! It's an oak recipe that doesn't take paste or leather! Have to be maxed crafting but it's still great.
:toot:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Klungar posted:

Exchange Center today also is offering Shinefish, so you can accomplish this without blowing all your AC on it. Still, might be easier for some players than gathering/holding 1000 Bones.

Right, I doubt many people here have 1k inventory space yet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Parrot gives large nets at 6 and the anglerfish are worth 100k more silver than the other L6 pet fish. I'd say maybe a week to earn back the investment and you need it anyway if you want to unlock the new fishing area.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There's no other use for emberstone at the moment aside from requests. There are only two uses for sandstone and the other is a waste of leather and mushroom paste.

e: Oh wait, forgot about the profile background. That makes three uses for sandstone but the third is a one time purchase.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hops jail isn't that big a deal because they grow fast.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Piquai Souban posted:

Level 97 farming, and foolishly upgraded to the 1B row upgrade on a non-event day. Apart from grape juice and planting beets, any tips to level farming faster?

Pretty much just beets. It takes a long time, I only just got it today despite having boosted to 97 in last month's event. You're not really missing out on much that isn't gated behind having all four skills at 99.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

buglord posted:

Can’t stress enough how useful trading/the giveaways channel is. It helps cut down on some of the more tedious quests (I had to collect 100 spiders and just asking in the chat gave me 60 more than I needed)

pubbies are cool and good in this game. I try to do what I can and fulfill their requests too so things balance out.

I feel like the daily chore to mail things has really helped cultivate a generous atmosphere. Whenever I get it I just lurk giveaways until someone asks for something common.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

50 skull coins to complete the next step of the new fishing hole questline. Guess I'm taking the python to 6 next.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

obi_ant posted:

I upgraded it and it was just a button that allows you to sell everything that isn’t locked. So make sure your gold poo poo is locked.

Happened to me. It's still one of the more useful upgrades in the game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Another row of crops means four more rolls on the corn rune come harvest.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guess I'd better get started on golden fish for the new zone. Bleh.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Quackles posted:

Heads up - there's a new mailbox password, "Millions". It gives you 3 Peaches.

Peaches for free!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's more fun to try and guess passwords, especially the dumb, obvious Password tier ones.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Am I reading the gold upgrade "Iron Depot" right in that it just makes it so you always have sufficient nails and iron?

If so, seems like a big QOL improvement and decent money saver. 125 gold is a lot though.

It's the single best upgrade in the game. As an added bonus, it also removes iron and nails from the exploration drop tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

oldskool posted:

i have to admit i wish i hadn't invested in the cider upgrade. it was just easier to drink 10 OJ and be able to cider.

I definitely agree. More mileage out of the cider but way more work to manage.