Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
I started a week or so ago and the Christmas stuff has been fun but now they want emberstone and I can’t get any of the runes to drop. I gotta grow pine trees, I don’t have time for leeks hoping I get a rune i need.

Otoh I’m up to fancy pipes and 7 farm rows. The xmas cash infusions were nice for a bit of a kickstart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

If Rudolph is in Santa’s workshop then that monster is avoiding me and I hate him with my life

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

zamiel posted:

I’m sorry he was hanging out with me for a bit. I threw him in your mailbox

Thank you he is being punished severely as we speak

Are Runestones mailable? Anyone got a 10 so I can stop farming leeks and work on these Christmas quests that need emberstones?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Hey that worked, thanks! Is my only shot for Dancer to throw my only milk n cookies in the well and hope I don’t get another vixen?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Same as here, kaptainkaffeine, if folks are feelin generous. I’ve been trying to weasel my way through the xmas quests and I just unlocked the volcano area. Time to grow broccoli and wheat for these blizzard quests :sigh:

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Same, like they took the Rudolph very rare drop and decided to make the next one a super rare drop that you have to throw in the well for a ~chance~ to get the Dancer. C’monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

I’ll take a Dancer (kaptainkaffeine in game) if anyone’s got one, I’ve got the rest. Gotten just a single grab bag so far. 😩

I’ve got an extra Rudolph if someone needs it.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

oldskool posted:

check your mailbox

Thanks!!! Feels good to finish up that quest line.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

runestone 11 corn runestone 11 corn runestone 11 corn runestone 11 corn runestone 11 corn

I wish some runestone 11s would drop so I could finish this quest. But this is just what the rest of game’s gonna be like, guess I should get used to it.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Finally got to large Island, and the increase in silver from there is absolutely unreal. Now I get to keep making nets while looking for those blasted gold leaves

This is pretty much exactly where I am. Lanterns are great for cash too. I’m also in corn jail for the Runestone 11s that parts unknown needs. Also, is there some sneaky way to get shark teeth and anglerfish for intruders beware? I can buy an anglerfish for gold right now but neither it nor the teeth show up as dropping anywhere.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

delfin posted:

I am assuming that you have a L6 Python. If you do not, you will want that very soon or Intruders Beware VII will hang you up forever.

The Macaw is still worth upgrading to L6, as everything it drops at that level is solid. Large Nets are obvious, Crab Claws give you Orange Geckos and Sea Dragons from the Well, and Skeleton Keys open the Mystical Chests you'll get from Pirate's Cove.

Storehouse 1B upgrade is also highly recommended if you don't have that yet, and after that build your stats up to work towards the Green and Red Dragons.

I’m at 82/84/81/77 and sitting around half a billion and making lanterns and selling large island fish for cash. Should I splurge on pets (just have a few cheap L3s) right now or save up that first billion for the storehouse upgrade? I’m worried that continuing to focus on quests like I have been is gonna be slower and more annoying without some of the pet stuff coming in. I just got out of the Runestone 11 corn jail and I’m already stuck again on gold leaves.

widespread posted:

thanks to an ill-advised Anglerfish purchase from the Flea Market).

I was so close to doing this lmao

edit: you love to see it

kaptainkaffeine fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 12, 2023

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Just hit 1 billion for the first time. People in chat are saying that my first 1B purchase should be the L6 macaw (mines at 5). I’m tempted to go for the storehouse upgrade though, which seems like the sooner the better. Is one of them the obvious better choice?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Tahirovic posted:

That depends a bit on quest progress as well. I forgot what quest line the macaw was needed for, but I think it was Pirate Cove, which is a huge step over Large Islands.

The Macaw itself makes a couple million a day by the way.

Both are valid options but Macaw will help you make more money quicker.

Cool, thanks. Cash is what I’m worried about most atm because of the quests I’m stuck on. I need anglerfish, gold leaves, and other annoying drops for Parts Unknown, Intruders Beware (this is the next fishing one I think), etc. Might as well focus on filling some gaps now that I am making lantern & LI fishing money. I’ll go with the bird if that’ll help.

edit: what should I be unlocking and selling from the macaw? Ive been keeping most things locked cause of quests.

kaptainkaffeine fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 21, 2023

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

I guess if there was no rng there would be no game to speak of but I am going to slash and burn this whole loving forest for gold leaves here pretty soon

I can’t afford to L6 the frog yet, just maxed macaw and the next 1B is for the storeroom. hate these leaves.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Oh my god Borgen’s got gold leaves

:sickos:

e: and now parts unknown just wants more corn. Always corn. Forever corn. Just corn. Why corn. Why Corn. WHY CORN.

kaptainkaffeine fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 25, 2023

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

I’m stuck at intruders beware VI because of herbs, so I’m working on parts unknown. GUESS WHAT ITS CORN TIME AGAIN

While I’m satiating this games insatiable need for corn, is it more profitable to explore for glass to make lanterns or for antlers to make nets to use at LI?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Intruders Beware VIII demands gold fish, which means the game is making me play it’s dumb tapping game and I hate it. I’m using mealworms to avoid the dot part but I’ve never felt more painfully self aware as when I’m just tappin on those fish as fast as I can like a toddler.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

delfin posted:

Two partial workarounds:

1) Grab Bag 07s (occasionally available for Blue Gels at the Exchange Center) give random golden fish.
2) If you're manually fishing without using Cat's Meows, which you can beg for in #giveaways, you're missing out. Those turn single catches (or 2x, if you have Double Hooks and it procs) into 3-8, and that includes golden fish and rarer stuff like Sea Dragons and Water Lilies and whatnot. When the game decides to start asking you for stuff like 600 Seaweed, it's the sane way of fulfilling it.

The Xmas event gave a built-in bonus for a short while to manual catches, and Cat's Meow stacked with it. I do not know if something similar will happen for Valentine's, but if it does, it will absolutely be your best time window for using a couple of Meows and tapping frantically.

Got some cats meows a while back from chat and GB7s are in the exchange tonight. Not shabby but it’s brutal to see the 7/100 and dread the tapping. Fingers crossed for that event, though I’m still going to be trying to figure out why it would be better to be stuck where you are instead of where I am now.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Is waiting and hoping to get lucky at the exchange the only way to get the couple of rubber duckies I need for intruders beware vii?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

It feels real bad to use my scant large nets on the small island for the left heart piece. Each net is like 5M a pop at PC and I’m over here dredging for jewelry instead. </3

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Tahirovic posted:

If you‘re farming 99 I can toss out LNs. I‘ve been sending surplus Lemonade away as well.
If anyone needs meals, I got large stock piles to hand out.

I am 🐟99, I’ll take some! kaptainkaffeine in game. I’ve hesitated asking for LNs in chat, seems like everybody mostly still uses em.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

600 herbs is so many fuckin herbs. I’ve got the L6 red dragon but im getting like 3-6 a day. If every step of ATI is like this, I see why it needs its own spreadsheet.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

ATI XIV is gonna be the one I’m stuck at for a long time, huh? Geckos, lilies, shells, and dragons, sheesh. I’ve been WWing so i got like 50% of geckos and 80% dragons but this is gonna take a while.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

I was warned about geckos and dragons and shells a while ago but yikes. This is just gonna take however long it takes three WW crab tosses a day to cough em up, else I just throw gold in? Brutal.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Atoramos posted:

What? You spend some gold to get the farm upgrades so you have higher WW throws per day. I get 19 throws, and then double the rewards (but by the time you get all that, you don't really need it)

Well, I’ve never needed anything that was only available from the WW before. So I guess I’ll spend the gold on those upgrades but it still feels like kind of a pretty hard stop in terms of progress.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

All good to know, thanks. Opened some pots of gold and spent the cash for the WW upgrades.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Can I get eggs 2 and 4 sent to kaptainkaffeine? I’ve got extras of some of them but no idea which ones I’ll need for the quests.

By the way, is the storehouse still definitely the thing I should spend my first 10B on?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

im mad about cutlasses

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Sent, im not to needing quite a thousand yet but I’ve been 2 short of finishing an unexpected visitor main quest step for days. If you’ve got spiders I’ll take em but my mb ain’t the biggest, im saving for the last orchard upgrade. Happy to camp if I’m around tho.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

I got my cutlasses!!! But now I’m wondering whether I should already have de-wormed access to the desert before I finish AWITW IV or if I’m supposed to get the crest for Unexpected Visitor XX somewhere else. I’ve dropped nearly a million stam getting UV all the way there and AWITW IV seems uuuuunreasonable without AC/lemonade.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

mrmcd posted:

I don't think there's any major content gated behind deworming. Maybe some of the new quests need desert stuff which is less annoying to get after you're dewormed, but otherwise it's just a time sink that's fine to put off until later.

I’ve got the 10B store and row, pets all to 6, and I’m up to T20. I think deworming and access to glacier lake feel like my next steps before I start pouring it all into the tower.

I’m just surprised by the escalation in AWITW IV. This’ll take ages if I gotta tap it out, but that’s the farmin’ life I guess.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Crest dropped! That makes finishing the rest of this quest east, except…….corn……..cooooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn……..

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

After all my other complaining I’ve hit the wall in the way watermelon wall for the heart piece. OH WELL. In the meantime, I’ve bought all the 10B improvements, orchard improvements, and pets. What’s the first 100B to go for, crop row or storeroom?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Lol I had no idea that as soon as I got lucky with the piece of heart in the watermelon that the next real quest is for literally all of the other poo poo in the temple. Two fuckin gold boots and a gold potato, come the gently caress on, that’s a full time job just for the temple cause lord knows I’m not manually fishing.

complaining worked great last time, let’s see if the hypothesis holds true

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Beasteh posted:

Oh! Farming potatoes for Holger rep and I just popped out a golden

e: and a gold boot fishing, lucky day

drat man what I wouldn’t give

what I would give is potatoes

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

The WITW quest that needs a gold potato and two gold boots is such a bummer. I’ve started making corn oily polished boots and throwing pairs into the temple because that stupid fishing minigame is the worst part of this. Now the seasonal quest wants 2000 corn too, all while I’m supposed to be growing potatoes? drat, game.

Maybe the crop row will be my fist 100B buy cause that’s a bigger blocker than size atm.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

It feels weird to not turn in a temp quest but there’s no way I’m giving rockets red glare 2000 corn when I don’t even think I can do the next step (tower level) and anyway it’s 5000 more corn

I’m spending corn on working toward the boots in the temple. Between the two gold boots and a gold potato, it doesn’t feel like I’ll ever finish wall in the way.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Forty thousand potatoes is so many potatoes :smith:

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Got to Strange Companions XXX. Cutlasses!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Immediately after complaining, cutlasses get added to the temple?!?! 3 cutties for 50 tribal staffs. Staves. I’m not sure how to feel about that exchange rate, at about 40 LN for each staff. Might get a few with the staves I got lying around but not go fishing for them. At least it’s not just the luck of the exchange anymore, I guess.