Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I really enjoy this game but manual fishing is the worst on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I wish there was a way to make fishing easier. I'm close to 60 (56) where I can get mealworms, but it's so far away.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Been a week of growing corn and still no runestone 11.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Still growing corn with no runestone. Been nearly 3 weeks now. Rip. Or maybe 2 weeks? Hard to tell.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
You need more than one corn rune in this game? Dear god. I feel like I've been doing this forever but have actually only harvested 2200 corn.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Sounds like you’re done with the first orb. There is a quest where you need 2. But another quest will give you two, if you give them. Then down the line another 1.

I’m currently at 83/85/95/80, and I needed a total of three Runestone 11s.

Yeah I'm done with the lava orb quest line. I've been stuck on Strange Stones VI for weeks now.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Up to 2,800 corn now and no rune. Someday

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
The corn grind is :(

Up to 3600 now and no rune.

What's the best way to increase farming? I'm at 82 farming right now.

Best moneymaker without a lava sphere is still lanterns, right?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Kaboobi posted:

Yeah, lanterns until you unlock the last couple fishing areas and ways to make nets easily.
The FASTEST way to level up farming is to buy new buildings or crop rows, if you’ve already got the 1b storehouse upgrade and a handful of the important pets, definitely look into getting that next. 4 sets of beets or sunflowers a day with grape juice will also give some good gains too.

Thanks! I haven' made my first billion yet so I feel like I'm pretty far away from crop rows and a level 6 green dragon. Alas!

The general strategy for the first few billion, as I understand it is:
1. Storehouse
2. Green Dragon
3. Crop rows
4. Red Dragon

Is that right?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Saxophone posted:

Ugh. 1100 streak, well over a thousand nets and a couple thousand mealworms in Lame Tempest and no Runestone. This is maddening.

I think it took me nearly 70 large nets to get the Lake Tempest runestone. Good luck...

As a corn update, I'm up to 4,300 corn now with no rune. Someday...

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I did it! Corn rune at 4,600 corn!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I unlocked Lake Minerva and I'm making my way through the new main quests it opened up.

I'm surprisingly stuck a bit on needing 3 wine since I used all my grapes for the day to make grape juice.

I got the hops rune in less than a day.

Edit: Using my first billion on the storehouse is the best use, right?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Okay, wait a minute. I used a corn rune to finish a questline to access Lake Minerva and now I need two more???

Nooooooooo

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Fhqwhgads posted:

Go figure right after I blow all my AC on Borgen I get a quest that requires a couple hundred of them.

Hah, I did the exact same thing and probably got the same quest for 250 AC.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I finally unlocked the Large island and whispering creek *and* got a raptor egg!

So now, craft blue coin bags and sell fish?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Arcturas posted:

Wow that 1 billion farming row upgrade gives a fair bit of XP. Just went from farming 84 to farming 97 with a button press.

Same!! It's amazing. Exploring still not at 85 though. I'm getting close to that green dragon...

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
The fishing script works great!

I churned through all my large nets (150) and I now have a level 6 green dragon!

Red dragon is for my next 2 M.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

susan b buffering posted:

I threw together a fishing script that you can paste into your browser console. Only works with mealworms for now. The autoFish function takes minIntervalMs and maxIntervalMs parameters which determine how long after a fish is caught before it will start fishing again. I suggest setting these parameters to a lower value than what I have in the script below.

JavaScript code:
function getRandomInt(min, max) {
  min = Math.ceil(min);
  max = Math.floor(max);
  return Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min) + min); 
}

function getBait(){
	let el = document.getElementById("baitarea");
	let baitText = el.querySelector("strong").innerText;
	return Number.parseInt(baitText);
}

function autoFish(minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs){
	let el = document.getElementById("fishinwater");
	let btn = el.querySelector("div.fishcell img[style*='inline']")
	let delay = 100
	if (btn != null && getBait() > 0){
		btn.click();
		delay = getRandomInt(minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs);
	}
	setTimeout(autoFish, delay, minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs);
}

autoFish(5000, 6000);
Fishing is actually pretty much entirely client-side, so you could just call the API and tell it you caught a fish, but there are other network calls associated with fishing so it seemed less risky to just do the dumb thing and simulate a click in javascript :v:

Hey, this fishing code is great, thank you!

Edit:

Question for you folks - should I go hog wild with exploring and crafting before the current event ends? I have a lot of apple ciders and orange juices I could use to craft a pile of crossbows and fishing nets.

Vasler fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 4, 2022

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Oh man, I need 100 of three different gold fish now. Why god, why.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I'm 96% done the corn quest. I've been fishing forever and almost have 100 gold fliers.

Now I need 200 more gold fish to finish this part of this quest for whatever it gets me.

Edit:

Also agree that these personal requests kind of suck. They ask for a pile of semi-rare or hard to acquire things for a minimal return.

Vasler fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 12, 2022

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Woohoo! Finally fished up those 300 different gold fish and unlocked the pirate cove. Glad I saved up 450+ large nets as I made a pile of cash selling them.

What's next? Still not even 90 exploration so tower is out. Just...build up cash?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
God help you, corn jail friend. It took me nearly 6k corn to get my first rune. After that, it was smooth sailing though!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

FreshFeesh posted:

:stare:

That's unimaginable to me.

In other news, I unlocked the tower! Bye bye silver

I'm still working on growing 600 of piles of crops to get to the next step of the quest! I don't have exploring at 99 yet though, so it will be a while before I can actually do anything with the tower I think.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
On the third stage of the tower questline (I think). Growing so many pumpkins. And corn, again.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Oh god, I need so much seaweed.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
It looks like seaweed, giant squids and cheese are going to be difficult to get for A Towering Investment IV. Cheese only comes from a pet, right?

I can spam large nets (so many large nets) to get the seaweed and squid (drat these things have low drop rates) but cheese?

Note to anyone earlier in the game: don't sell things like seaweed, pufferfish and giant squid!!!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Moldy Sausage posted:

Cheese can be mailed so you can just ask for some in giveaway chat. Note that Gouda from the exchange center is not the same thing as cheese. Spiked shells are even worse than seaweed, so start throwing salt into the well for it if you’re all set on geckos (but make sure you have at least 600 salt if you haven’t done ATI III yet)

I've got tons of salt so I'm set there. I've been exchanging 3 salt per day for spiked shells, though I seem to get broccoli quite often.

I just looked and I only have 33 geckos and 29 spiked shells. Ye gods. How many am I gonna need?

Edit: Maybe it would be worth it to buy the upgrade for more well tosses?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I've used so many nets trying to get seaweed and giant squid (and spiked shells) and so much stamina trying to get geckos.

I've got 300 seaweed and squids, so I'm almost done ATI IV.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

koshmar posted:

Can you afford penguin to lvl 5, that will at least save you from grinding Squids

I have the penguin at level 5 and I've been watching what it brings back over the last couple days. It hasn't brought a single squid back!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

FreshFeesh posted:

Finish ATI before doing Strange Companions; shortly into the tower you'll receive 100 geckos back

You make it sound so easy! I'm on ATI IX and the amount of stuff it wants is ridiculous!!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

HelloNewman posted:

It’s awful. I’m in seaweed hell

God help you. It took me so, so many large nets to get 600 seaweed. All I can say for you is to start stocking up on iced tea right now.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Exploring at 95 now...Almost there! Also, still working on iced tea and ruby fish for ATI IX. I'll be done someday!

Edit: Spamming apple ciders got me to 96 exploring! I don't think I have enough ciders/palmers to get to 99 though :(

Vasler fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 13, 2022

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Does the event end tonight or tomorrow night? I've been holding both inferno and lava spheres for a (hopefully) eventual bonus to sell them. Inferno is today, which is great!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Oh no. ATI X needs gold fish. Noooooooo

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Today's Update posted:

There are MANY hot-button topics that are not allowed here. This is NOT because staff is inherently opposed to these topics, but because they are extremely divisive and do not align with the goals set forth for the game and community.

What a weasely thing to do. "Our goal for the game and community is to exclude people that don't fit our worldview" is how I read that trash statement.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I've almost got enough gold fish for ATI X. I hate gold fish.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Got the gold fish done! Now...I need 300 lilypads. Oh, they're only available through fishing and at an extremely low rate, you say?? Blurgh

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Woo! Unlocked the tower and made it to level 25!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Finally got exploring 99 and I'm just about to get farming 99, maxxing all four skills!

What do you all do with your perks once you've completed your skills? I had a bunch of points in exploring exp that I don't need now and I've still got my free reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I'm stuck on the final Unexpected Visitor Quest (I think) trying to get 2 teapots. The only way to get them seems to be from tossing dice in the well. Probability has not been my friend. Been tossing 4 dice in the well per day for 3 days now and I have 0 teapots. Augh!