Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

At the place where I work, the pump for the fish tank in the reception area recently failed. The guy who has been coming by to do maintenance on the tank ghosted us a few weeks ago, and for various reasons fixing this thing has become my responsibility even though I basically know nothing about fish tanks aside from "every minute this pump isn't working is a minute the tank is filling with ammonia, detritus, and microbes". I decided to check the pump make and model, it's a Fluval Q2, so my first choice was to of course buy another one, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere in the US and the only sites stocking them are in Canada and Australia. What would be a good substitute for the pump that can simply be put in place without redesigning the entire system? The aquarium is a freshwater African cichlid tank of 175 gallons and it has a three-chambered sump in the cabinet below it, which I'm guessing is another 20 gallons or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU