Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

This is a thread for anything related to Friday the 13th. :murder: You could talk about the movies. Or about the date itself. Or about the video games based on the movies. Or superstitions, or a wacky anecdote, or whatever the gently caress, as long as it is tangentially related to Friday the 13th.

First thing for me is, that I love the Ft13 movies. I was exposed to a lot of horror movies as a kid, so I grew up enjoying Jason movies. I insisted on dressing up as Jason for Halloween many times. It is actually a very practical costume for a Canadian boy, because you can wear layers under your costume to keep warm, without completely blowing the look. Nothing sucks the fun out of Halloween like having to cover up your sweet costume with a goddamn Starter jacket. So Jason was a pretty solid choice for Trick or Treating in the snow. When it was costume day at school, Jason had a lot of potential weapons to tote along. You know every kid with a costume that includes a weapon (or a prop that was weapon-shaped) was going to be using it for duels during recess. Jason could bring some top-shelf stuff to the battlefield. Pitchfork or spear for reach? Machete for fencing ability? Lots of tactical options to consider.

Anyway, I hope you have a good day today. Post something about Friday the 13th!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The first F13th movie was about demented, bereaved mother killing camp counselors because previous management was negligent in her son’s death. (The actress who played the mother had no respect for her role or the story but wanted a new car.)

Further iterations devolved like all horror series do, more outlandish and exotic ways to kill promiscuous teenagers (a metaphor for moral judgment in Reagan’s America). The horror of murder morphed into a gruesome spectacle of homicidal stunts.

Of the original eleven F13th stories, Jason was only the murderer in nine.

The tv series has nothing to do with the movies.

One of the apostles was crucified on a Friday the 13th and that was how the date became a synonymous with ill fortune.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Black cats and ravens and open graves next to the skeleton mixer. Demon bats whirling over the bayou moon. A werewolf. Juggalos. An old fortune teller with a blood-red tooth. Shaitan.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You would think people would get suspicious that he never plays hockey huh? :thunk:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The events portrayed in the movie Friday the 13th actually take place on Saturday the 9th.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

phasmid posted:

Black cats and ravens and open graves next to the skeleton mixer. Demon bats whirling over the bayou moon. A werewolf. Juggalos. An old fortune teller with a blood-red tooth. Shaitan.

— Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian 2

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Buce posted:

— Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian 2

I'm thinking about the judge but he's covered in clown makeup saying that poo poo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Frtday the Turdteenth

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Friday the 14th is worse

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

someone's gonna *** tonight

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

This is a thread for anything related to Friday the 13th. :murder: You could talk about the movies. Or about the date itself. Or about the video games based on the movies. Or superstitions, or a wacky anecdote, or whatever the gently caress, as long as it is tangentially related to Friday the 13th.

First thing for me is, that I love the Ft13 movies. I was exposed to a lot of horror movies as a kid, so I grew up enjoying Jason movies. I insisted on dressing up as Jason for Halloween many times. It is actually a very practical costume for a Canadian boy, because you can wear layers under your costume to keep warm, without completely blowing the look. Nothing sucks the fun out of Halloween like having to cover up your sweet costume with a goddamn Starter jacket. So Jason was a pretty solid choice for Trick or Treating in the snow. When it was costume day at school, Jason had a lot of potential weapons to tote along. You know every kid with a costume that includes a weapon (or a prop that was weapon-shaped) was going to be using it for duels during recess. Jason could bring some top-shelf stuff to the battlefield. Pitchfork or spear for reach? Machete for fencing ability? Lots of tactical options to consider.

Anyway, I hope you have a good day today. Post something about Friday the 13th!

im gay

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I watched Saturday the 14th not long ago it is a bad sequel.

As for this Friday the 13th I am currently sitting in my car place waiting to get charged 600 dollars for what is probably 2 bucks worth of materials and 20 minutes of labor.

Very cursed.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
a black cat passes me every single day and I've never once felt unlucky :3:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Friday the 13th is like an extra halloween that lets you be spooky at other times during the year. I'm going grocery shopping later dressed as a robber

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Seth Pecksniff posted:

That's a nice pussy.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9xGJvW13c

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
AMC, as usual, is playing all of the F13 movies on a marathon all day today.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Maybe you are the bad luck?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlPKnapWyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6V2oCX3Hn4

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSffLmJ99PY

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I read somewhere that in a lot of Asian cultures, black cats crossing your path are actually a sign of good luck.

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022
Aw shucks guys, it's me Jason Voorhees lol could you please refrain from having intercourse in and around my lake? I might have to kill you if don't (jk im not that bad a guy lmao) :keke:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The game was pretty fun until it died because they got sued or whatever

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The game was pretty fun until it died because they got sued or whatever

I can still find random people to play with whenever I boot it up. Still a blast to play. I followed a walk through for the VR Cabin, and it's cool to see the stuff that may have been added down the line.

Now that the lawsuit is settled, I wonder if there will be anything else with the game.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Zombie Guy posted:

I can still find random people to play with whenever I boot it up. Still a blast to play. I followed a walk through for the VR Cabin, and it's cool to see the stuff that may have been added down the line.

Now that the lawsuit is settled, I wonder if there will be anything else with the game.

I stopped playing when they made some change where the campers couldn't hurt each other (or something along those lines). I thought that was an awful gameplay change.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I’m like garfeld, I hate fridays

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS
⠀⠀⠀⠀ARE DEAD.

⠀⠀⠀⠀GAME OVER

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I stopped playing when they made some change where the campers couldn't hurt each other (or something along those lines). I thought that was an awful gameplay change.

You can still run them over with the car, which I see happen fairly often.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Never saw the animated version of the Invisalign ad that plays before every other youtube video.

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

Friday the 13th : The Series was a fun tv show even though it had nothing to do with the movies.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

just wait

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mr. Blastaway posted:

Friday the 13th : The Series was a fun tv show even though it had nothing to do with the movies.

For one of the yearly goon Scream Streams, Lurdiak (guy who runs it), would show one or two of those episodes for the after party after the movies. Hit and miss, but some were fun.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Come back when it's Friday the 69th

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Come back when it's Friday the 69th

IN FUTURE SPACE TIMECODE 42069 ALL FRIDAYS WILL BE EQUAL PARTS TERROR AND PLEASURABLE MARIJUANA ACTS

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

At a horror convention, all of the F13 Jason actors were there in costume. Kane Hodder, on the far right, has played Jason the most times, as well as providing the Jason mocap for the game.

A statute of Jason, placed in a lake for divers to find:

Jason visits a sick child

Puppies are ok

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

This is the most wholesome thing I’ve read all day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's late. I'm drunk. Time to turn on Jason X. Great movie.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hell ye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Kay-Em 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEU-pzt8GEY