Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jadecore posted:

Y'know, I never pair Kaden and Keaton together despite how natural it feels because I want a larger number of beastfolk kids. But that's a real cute S-rank, and considering Selkie and Velouria are two of my favorites of the kids, I've got no objection to them being the first ones to show their faces around here.

Spent some time constructing my survey response, but just lemme say: great job with clear hard work put into it with all this.

I said to heart seal themselves into their sister's base class because I found the idea cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Jadecore posted:

Y'know, I never pair Kaden and Keaton together despite how natural it feels because I want a larger number of beastfolk kids. But that's a real cute S-rank, and considering Selkie and Velouria are two of my favorites of the kids, I've got no objection to them being the first ones to show their faces around here.

Spent some time constructing my survey response, but just lemme say: great job with clear hard work put into it with all this.

At the very least it keeps our beastslayer weaknesses consolidated. Not like we've seen a beastslayer weapon in... has an enemy even had one? Oh well, they do make a good pair anyways, and Selkie and Velouria have a unique sibling support as well.

Thank you though!

FoolyCharged posted:

I said to heart seal themselves into their sister's base class because I found the idea cute.

It's worth mentioning that when I checked if they properly inherited the classes, and I found that they'll keep their ears but get the tail of the other type, (the ears are just part of their head and the tail the class model, of course.) This means that they'll very directly show that they're half-fox half-wolf.

Also they end up inheriting both Even Handed and Odd Shaped regardless of class choice meaning they have +4 damage on every turn. So that's pretty good.

Selkie to Wolfskin is currently winning, but Velouria to Berserker has a very tiny lead right now.

For the person wondering what a Basara Selkie might have to proc, Basara gets Rend Heaven at level 5. It's SKL * 1.5 chance to borrow half of the opponents STR or MAG and add it to your attack. With her skill, that's roughly a 25% chance already.

For the person wanting to see the Oboro x Camilla S, I can show it off pretty easily as it's already in the mod and I've already unlocked the whole support log. If we do end up having S ranks people want to see even if we've already done married a pair, I'm fine with doing that. We're here for the long haul anyways.

Also Oboro x Camilla S is extremely gay, possibly one of the gayest supports in the mod from what I've read thus far.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Odd Wilson posted:

If we do end up having S ranks people want to see even if we've already done married a pair, I'm fine with doing that. We're here for the long haul anyways.

If you don't mind the effort, you could do the mod-added supports we end up not seeing in the playthrough as bonus updates.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Cythereal posted:

If you don't mind the effort, you could do the mod-added supports we end up not seeing in the playthrough as bonus updates.

The two most labor intensive parts of supports are making the testpost links and needing to simulate supports in Paragon. That considered, any support properly coded in-game doesn't take me that much work to do as I can just hit up the Support Log and get the screenshots from there. For every support already in the game, I've just got the text on hand with portraits already done as part of my massive text dump. So, it's not that much work, and I could probably batch remaining support chains together.

The ones I have to recreate in Paragon (labeled Uncoded/ any of the ones that have notably pixelated resolution compared to the rest) take me a while. The portraits are pretty easily done, they only take a few button clicks, but I also sometimes have to proofread or make tiny tweaks to the text. Making the screenshots takes quite a lot of work as typing out the commands in the script editor is not fast.

That said, I'll definitely consider doing it by the end of the LP. The ones not coded in-game I'll probably have to leave without screenshots if they do get added. At the very least, even if I don't, I'll be putting out the entire text dump at the end of the LP as well. We'll just have to see how many supports are left by the end.

I'd still venture to say we're not yet at the halfway point of this LP yet, there's roughly 32 more chapters/paralogues, not including DLC.

Past me never could have imagined the consequences of making some silly little Python scripts would be. I'm going to feel really bad for Baldurk on the day this gets submitted to be archived.

This is all to say I'll still post any S supports that people want to see, but didn't happen. That's not a lot of work if they're already coded. Uncoded is a bit harder due to aforementioned Paragon things + manually fixing the blush sprites.

Edit: Oh, and the update is on the previous page.

[https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001938&pagenumber=11#post533523348]Current Update[/url]
Link to Poll

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 30, 2023

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
As Vanguard Dawn and Royal Royale are neck and neck, I reasoned I should go ahead and make a pre-emptive poll for it. I realized I also forgot to ask who we should turn into a Witch, so that's also part of this impromptu, extra poll. It's not required that we use it though.

=EXTRA POLL=
* YOU CAN FIND IT HERE *

(Beach Brawl is in 3rd place, so if it somehow takes the lead, I suppose I can just use this poll's result for that.)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Selena thinks Odin is super dumb for turning into a mage. What? A witches seal behind her back? She would never do such a thing!

Greenking77
Nov 6, 2022
Had a random thought this morning and wanted to see what everyone else thinks. What is the worst class in Fates? Not like for an individual unit (like anything with zero magic access for Elise) but as a class overall.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Greenking77 posted:

Had a random thought this morning and wanted to see what everyone else thinks. What is the worst class in Fates? Not like for an individual unit (like anything with zero magic access for Elise) but as a class overall.

I feel like a lot of classes have a somewhat proper niche they fill, even if that niche is small. Looking at the possibilities, part of me wants to say Apothecary or Merchant as the former needs money to have its skills do anything and the latter needs to rely on LCK% gold bars... but I think Sniper is it.

I mostly single out Sniper for the fact that all it gets are a player turn hit bonus and a +5 damage when using bows. You're still bow-locked, you're still a 6 move unit, and longbows don't exist in this game to give them any more reason to exist. Bows already have higher base Mt and you're usually using them to one-shot fliers or pincushion flimsier units anyways.

Meanwhile, you've got all these other promotions that have bows and fill more niches that isn't just 'do bow good':
Bow Knight - gets swords, gets horse, shuts down dodgy ninjas
Kinshi Knight - gets lances, gets flying, doubles down on anti-air, is the other promotion option instead of Sniper
Priestess - healing staves + bows + Countermagic + Renewal
Adventurer - healing staves + bows + Pass + Lucky Seven works on enemy turn
Mechanist - shurikens for debuffing/ weapon triangle coverage, replicate skill
Merchant - gimmicky class but also has lances and a potentially strong situational skill. You can farm Lilith for gold bars and use them to punch holes in enemies where needed.

With all of these possibilities, why would you want just a dedicated bow user? If longbows were in the game, then they'd absolutely have a strong niche, but they don't.

My opinion on this will probably change as I get time to see how they all work out in the game. This is still my first playthrough.

I do wonder how Priestess's Countermagic works with Nyx's Countercurse. Do you just reflect 150% magic damage back at the enemy?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The Apothecary class line is also awkward because none of the storyline units start with it by default and the only ones that actually do start in the class line are Kaze's daughter and Yukimura (who already starts promoted). So you never actually spend much time using a unit as one.

I will also say that Oni Chieftain is pretty awkward. It's a foot-locked axe/tome class with iffy skill growth, and the only unit that naturally grows into it has a poor Mag growth rate. You'd have to immediately compare it to Malig Knight which is much better and has the defense growth to ward off archers.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Sniper has a few niches; a native crit boost, and the fact that the S-Rank Bow is actually really good and worth using.

Oni Chieftain and Basara are both awkward on a lot of their base users, but there are units who can make it work. I'm not a fan of Nohr Noble, since Corrin is much harder to make Magic-focused than, say, Robin, but I suppose it has its uses.

Strategist loses 1 skill from Troubadour for some reason, but I guess Staff Utility puts it above some other classes.

Lancer is technically a player-accessible class, though realistically nobody would actually count it.

Greenking77
Nov 6, 2022
I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned armor knights, since in most FE games its either them or archers as the worst class. Though thinking about it its probably sniper in this game due to no 3 range bows as you guys mentioned.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

They get wary fighter for their speed issues and pair up letting others ferry them to the front of your formation does a lot to alleviate their traditional issues. Effie in particular is notably a very strong unit in early conquest.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's easier to handle Generals' low movement in this game because of Pair Up. And they're decent for chokepoints if you're not going for low turn runs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Armor knights in my experience mostly depend on map design due to their typically limited movement.

FE: Engage came up with its own ways to make armor knights useful, but relies on mechanics to date unique to that game.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Pair up rules specifically because of movement shenanigans levelling the playing field a bit. They should get rid of the stat backpack thing and bring it back.

...I just really like movement tech tbh. Warp, pairing, stride, rescue, even shove chains.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
There also definitely is a 3-range bow in the game, though it's weirdly lategame. The Spy's Yumi.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Faillen Angel posted:

There also definitely is a 3-range bow in the game, though it's weirdly lategame. The Spy's Yumi.

You're correct! I just didn't notice it because I was looking for a 2-3 range weapon, not a 3 range only weapon. Still, it's usable by any unit capable of getting A Rank bows so it doesn't really do anything for Sniper to raise it above the others.

We've had some good arguments for Sniper though, I'll give it that.

Armor Knights are kinda decent in this game so far as it's been really light on magic using enemies, and most maps don't ask you to push forward too far before making enemy contact. Being able to just pair an armor on a mounted unit or an Adventurer, drag them forward, and deposit them on the frontlines keeps them not unusable. We just haven't seen much of armors in our playthrough as it gave us Benny and Effie way late in a map that brought a storm of recruits. Rinkah's basically been an armor knight though.

I can see the argument for Oni Chieftain possibly being worse as Malig at least gets flying, but the fact they get Counter is pretty strong. I don't imagine most Chieftains or Maligs are going to be doing a lot of magic damage though, it's mostly there to poke high DEF/low RES enemies, I think.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Benny is still a very usable unit on Rev since he joins at a solid level and you can honestly insta-promote him if desired without losing too much.

The problem on Rev specifically is that its maps don't really encourage the use of Armors; they're either really large maps where you're ideally continuously moving (so bad for low movement units), or feature annoying gimmicks where either there are no chokepoints or enemies have tricks like teleporting or large ranges that make armors not great at their job anyway.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Popping in to note that unfortunately my updates will be late this week. My hands had been doing good for the last 3 or so months, but they decided to get worse again despite all my countermeasures. Convenient that this happens right at the time I was going to be working on making an update buffer for this exact situation.

I have no update buffer. Yay, me. :sigh:

I'll be a day or two late with the next update, which will be the Royal Royale DLC. It's a fun little puzzle and it shouldn't be too long to work on if my health issues ease up on me.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Sorry to hear it, take care!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Yeah, so my hands didn't decide to get much better, and the cherry on top is that something's made me sick the latter half of this week. Update will just have to be next week, which will hopefully go better for me.

(I did at least finish the tool that automates making the support listings for the table of contents, but that was almost done anyways.)

Edit: Let's just call this week a wash as well. Life managed to hit me with another curveball. First weekend in September, everything starts back up, I promise.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 26, 2023

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Update 51: JUSTICE PREVAILS (Xenologue - Royal Royale)

We return to your regularly scheduled gay fates.

Xenologue-
Royal Royale

We'll be starting off with the Royal Royale DLC as it's disconnected from any of our own game progress.

*We find ourselves with all the Royal Siblings out in a field like the one at the start of the game or at the route split.*

SAKURA: Wait, is this really the right place, Elise?

ELISE: It should be. But I don't see anyone here.

CAMILLA: How strange. Could this letter be some sort of cruel practical joke?

CAMILLA: "If you want to save Corndog, come to this location." It could also be a trap.

HINOKA: True, but we can't take any chances. This is Corndog's life we're talking about.

CAMILLA: Perhaps we should pull back for the time being and consult with the others.

HINOKA: Wait a second. I hear footsteps...

Music: The Truth Teller

RAINBOW SAGE: Thank you for coming, young princesses of Nohr and Hoshido.

ELISE: Oh my gosh... You're the Rainbow Sage!

RAINBOW SAGE: Ho ho ho. Yes, there are some who call me by that name.

The Pride Sage! He's alive! :aaaaa:

RAINBOW SAGE: But the truth is, I am a being not of this world.

RAINBOW SAGE: In fact, I come from a different place altogether... I preside over the Possible World.

ELISE: Huh? What do you mean?

RAINBOW SAGE: I require your assistance. I must borrow the strength of one from the Finished World. That is why I wrote that letter.

HINOKA: Sorry for being rude earlier. I had no idea it was you.

CAMILLA: So just to clarify, Mr., er, Sage, is Corndog really in danger?

RAINBOW SAGE: I'm afraid so. But it's not the Corndog you know. The Corndog of another world is in mortal peril.

CAMILLA: Wait a minute. Another world? What are you talking about?

RAINBOW SAGE: Listen closely now. The Corndog I wish to save lives in the Ongoing World.

RAINBOW SAGE: Her world has been embroiled in a fierce war which has been devastating the land. In fact, it's quite similar to the one you ladies recently fought in.

SAKURA: Wh-what?! But that's impossible!

RAINBOW SAGE: No, it's the truth. Corndog has chosen a path and is fighting tooth and nail for the future.

RAINBOW SAGE: But more power is required in order to help her along the way. That is why I require assistance. Will you lend me your strength?

So yeah, this is the world's longest overexplanation of saying this DLC takes place in an alternate universe but you get the rewards anyways.

HINOKA: What does that mean exactly? You want us to go to that world so we can fight?

RAINBOW SAGE: No. Unfortunately, I don't possess the ability to send you there...

RAINBOW SAGE: Instead, you all must spar. That way, we can determine which among you is the mightiest warrior. Only then will we be able to assist Corndog on her journey.

"I might have come from another world but I can't send you to another world to help. Anyways, punch each other and I'll send a stat-booster to her."

ELISE: What? You can't be serious.

ELISE: How could I possibly fight Sakura, Hinoka, and Camilla? We're family!

SAKURA: You... You don't want us to fight to the death, do you?

RAINBOW SAGE: Don't be ridiculous. Of course not!

RAINBOW SAGE: I simply need to tap into the power of whomever of you is the strongest.

RAINBOW SAGE: If everything goes well, we may be able to make something to aid Corndog.

SAKURA: R-really?!

RAINBOW SAGE: I never lie. So, will you help?

CAMILLA: Of course. I don't care if it's an entirely different world.

CAMILLA: I would do anything for sweet Corndog.

HINOKA: As would I! Our Corndog fought bravely beside us. It's our turn to help her.

RAINBOW SAGE: I had a feeling you'd be up for the contest.

RAINBOW SAGE: Why, just earlier today your brothers all made the same decision.

ELISE: Wh-what? Xander and Leo?

SAKURA: And Ryoma and Takumi as well?

RAINBOW SAGE: Indeed. They all agreed to take on the challenge without a moment of hesitation.

RAINBOW SAGE: They are willing to do whatever is necessary to help Corndog. I see that you are no different.

RAINBOW SAGE: You obviously have a great deal in common with them.

HINOKA: Well of course. We've all gone through a lot together.

CAMILLA: There's no way I'll lose this battle. I'll win for Corndog!

ELISE: Nuh-uh! You gotta get through ME, sis!

SAKURA: You're both wrong. I-I'm going to triumph!

RAINBOW SAGE: Well, well. I can see that you're not lacking in enthusiasm. How very promising.

RAINBOW SAGE: I'm curious to see who will emerge victorious.

RAINBOW SAGE: Now then, I will transport you to the battleground. I've taken the liberty of summoning your retainers.

RAINBOW SAGE: I wish you all the best of luck.

Evidently this all takes place in a world post-Revelation. But yes, we're going to bop the other royals with our royal of choice and create a stat booster.

The stat booster depends on who we pick, with Hoshido being more physical aligned and Nohr being more magical aligned.

By a relatively narrow vote, Elise wins out. Camilla was close second.

We confirm our choice and are immediately escorted right into a battle. It's a rout map, naturally.

Here's our entire team: Elise, Arthur, and Effie.

We get three people to fight 21. At the very least, our crew has full A supports... but so does everyone else. Combat characters usually have 2 weapons (1 signature to them, 1 utility), while support characters usually have just 1 weapon.

This Elise may still be on a horse, but don't be fooled. She's promoted to Strategist and she's here to deliver massive brainfreeze. Her high MAG and SPD makes Fimbulvetr eliminate anyone here with low RES, and she serves as our lone Staff user. We get a full 5 charges of Physic, and 1 charge of her namesake staff that is just Stronger Physic.

Only a few of the other siblings get a staff user (Hinoka, Sakura, basically) so we're in a unique position even if we have very little charges at our disposal. The Freeze staff will see a lot of tactical use, and the healing will be used sparingly as this is the kind of map where you either take a whole lot of damage or none at all.

There's also a greyed out Goddess Icon in her inventory, unusable. I'll make no effort to hide it, this is our reward for the mission. I hid who had what on the poll, so... surprise?

Arthur arrives as Hero with a ranged option in a Tomahawk, and he will have a decent hit chance all things considered thanks to supports and the Hero statline. He's got Sol, which helps as he'll proc it decently often with his good SKL. It still won't come up for much more than topping him off to full. His namesake axe is decent enough, but the Tomahawk still has the penalty in that it's a 2 range weapon only.

Effie is a General and her stats are exactly as "mega STR and DEF" as you'd expect. Her role will mostly be one-shotting people or stonewalling physical users. Her namesake lance is a lower than average hitrate but comes with a massive 16 Mt, if you've forgotten. Her Beast Killer will be useful in taking out the few mounted units on the map, (particularly Xander,) but that's about all.

The most notable aspect about Effie is that she's got Wary Fighter from General, which prevents her or her opponent from doubling. This effectively removes any significant penalty for her low SPD and it's amazing.

The Azura's Salve is an item that heals 10 to all adjacent allies and the Shell Horn Arthur has is a Rally + 4 DEF. The former we'll use a lot of, the latter I think I don't really touch. It's probably more useful on other difficulties where you need to thread the needle more, but not here.

I'll discuss the royals as we meet them in combat, but rest assured they're all here + retainers.

Music: Contest of Pride
Music: Contest of Pride (Blast)

First up, our music. This one's exclusive to the DLC and it's a bop.

That aggro range right next to us is Camilla's, extra movement gained from her paired Bow Knight Selena .

Every enemy is going to spend each turn spamming their Rally skills until we get close enough or enough time passes.

In the case of Sakura, that time is right now. In neat bit of characterization, the younger royals move first.

However, they don't attack one another. For some reason this sparring match became about dogpiling Princess Twintails immediately. I suppose this is fair as it'd become a fustercluck that ends in a few turns otherwise.

I can theorize ways you could program a true free-for-all, but I don't think FE's scripting is strong enough for it regardless.

Sakura says hello to Leo as we gradually approach once more...

To activate the other main gimmick of the map...

...Dragon Veins that create replicas (and also freeze all enemy movement for a turn.) Replicas are something we haven't seen yet as they're normally created by the level 15 skill of Mechanists. Replicas mirror the current stats and inventory of a unit at all times- they're effectively the exact same unit just standing in a different tile.

If you change weapons, they change weapons. If they take damage, you take damage. Of course, the advantage for all of this is that replicas get separate actions from their original unit.

They will be henceforth known as Relise, Rarthur, and Reffie.

The Replica squad is just in range to get a free hit on the nearby Oboro. Takumi's squad is just over here.

(Camilla is currently frozen so we don't have to worry about her.)

Oboro takes 34 damage, barely survives and we end the turn. Sakura is still a long ways off.

The real Arthur moves in to take Oboro down, an encounter that would otherwise be dearly foolish if I wasn't supporting Arthur's hit rate.

Oboro is doubled up on defensive lances, but can put out some real terrifying damage as usual.

ARTHUR: Beware my fists of justice!

OBORO: Ngh... No way...!

One fun(?) thing about this map is that we get to hear everyone's death voicelines.

She also drops a Concoction. Raiding our enemies for healing items is pretty important on this map, even with a healer on deck.

Relise has the stats to actually hit Hinata for good damage, so it's her chance to shine.

Hinata isn't super fast, probably thus the reason for his personal weapon. He could still double Arthur with his Practice Katana and carries all the expected risks of critting/Astra-ing that fighting a Swordmaster would.

Worth mentioning that Hinata's Katana is actually dual-wielded? How awesome. I want one now... even it's a double Mt + no follow up gimmick weapon like Izana's Scroll and has Silver penalties.

Double Effie team moves in to poke for finish. We do this to work around Vantage.

HINATA: Ah, shoot...! Agh...

I'm sorry to inform you of this, but Takumi did shoot. It just did no damage.

We get an Allegro Harp for our efforts, a +4 SPD rally. Effie doesn't care about SPD and Elise isn't worried about it, so Arthur might only benefit a little from this.

Elise banks on a 75% assist to take down Takumi, otherwise risk an 9% chance of dying instantly on returning fire.

TAKUMI: Defeated by you...?!

Two of them, to be precise. That's twice the twintail power.

Rarthur was still in range provided Relise missed the assist here. He just moves down further instead, us skirting Camilla's attack range.

We won't invoke her wrath yet as Subaki has finally reached us from Squad Sakura.

Subaki himself is not the biggest threat to our team. His Swordcatcher might mess someone up, but it won't be for our swordless team. His Pike has kinda weak damage that doubles if he has higher SKL, ending up at 1 Mt less than a Steel Naginata. And with 18 SPD, he's not doubling.

SUBAKI: Guess I wasn't perfect... after all...

He runs headfirst into a wall of Effie.

Hana's the real problem here, though it's moreso due to the Dual Katana than anything else. Her namesake weapon can't even double which is hilarious when she has one of the highest SPD stats on the map.

Sakura is packing a Sliver Yumi, 15 healing festal uses, 4 charges of silence and a Seraph Robe.

The Silence will be annoying, but she's not much of a threat otherwise.

4 damage from her is negligible...

And Hana achieves a minor amount of damage at a 100% chance to dodge, so congrats her.

Hana's main threat is that she's very hard to hit with our team. Even with supports we barely make 70% hit on most units.

It's up to a double Elise team to do the work.

Rarthur and Reffie fail to capitalize...

So the Arthur duo has to go in on our most risky play yet. 2 chances at victory here, but also a very not-insignificant chance of being crit to death.

He has to take 1 hit from Hana and Sakura first, which he survives as long as it isn't an Astra...

And does the job himself.

HANA: I should have trained... more...

Sakura, left undefended, won't last much longer.

She does last longer than expected, triggering Miracle for what is probably the second or third time in my life.

Arthur misses so it's up to Elise to finish.

SAKURA: A-aah! Please... don't cry...

:smith:

She drops the Seraph Robe, and we get it, but there's no Convoy and Elise's inventory is full up.

As crazy as it might sound to drop Elise's Staff, it's only got 1 charge and I've still got full Physic uses as the enemies keep dropping healing items for us and we avoid damage well. With careful management, I can keep Elise on the offense like this by approaching situations as safely as possible.

I was going to start on Camilla now, but look who decided to interrupt v:mad:v

Leo is dangerous mostly for Brynhildr's damage, and he will put a tree shaped hole in anyone that's not Elise. His skills ensure he lands a hit.

To counter the two incoming mages, we all step back and leave just Elise in range. She goes ahead and pops the Robe, we don't get to keep it.

Elise can double Leo and with Arthur's help, could have taken him out right here. We missed that coinflip though.

Odin's now in range, who mostly exists as a threat due to the potential of his usually subpar namesake tome to shine as a Killer weapon. Nosferatu is also a pain that ensures we have to beat him in as few hits as possible.

Niles's namesake bow is a low stat weapon that can't kill, and as EXP is irrelevant here, it's irrelevant. His Shining Bow is more of a threat, being a magic damage bow.

ARTHUR: Juuustice strikes!

LEO: Defeated... by an inferior...

Wow, rude.

He does land in the river, so I hope someone pulls him out before we get an actual casualty in this mock battle.

Here's an image you never expect to see. We're going to throw out his Spirit Dust mostly because the items Rarthur is currently holding is more helpful for beating the map. Elise does enough damage as-is.

We then Freeze Odin, as our team can more than take Niles right now, but we're not in range to deal with both of them. I don't want to get crit off the map.

Then for reasons I do not remember, I just Freeze up Niles too. I think I wasn't expecting to need too many of the charges in the future so I opted to just take less damage here.

Despite my previous statements, I decide to try for clearing Odin anyways.

More Sol style, at least it means we hit...

:aaa:

ODIN: In the end... Odin Dark... falls...

Well okay then

:rip: in pieces Owain, your sword hand's bloodlust could not outmatch a fist of justice.

Next turn, Niles gets poked and Rarthur-

ARTHUR: Your out of luck, friend!

NILES: Let's see what death has to offer...

Somebody get a medic, Leo's drowning in the river and R/Arthur might've just killed his retainers.

Elise moves in and gets an Allegro Harp effect as she baits in Camilla from range. Camilla's MAG is not good, but her STR and SPD are some of the best on the map.

Because of this, she switches over to Selena instead.

She definitely can't double us and her hit chance is bad with that Blessed Bow, so we're fine.

I also have to wait an awkwardly long time for an Effie to walk back to her standing point before the batle ends.

Beruka flies in and rallies DEF, but it won't matter. Selena's going to get Beast Killer'ed and she's going to eat a Fimbulvetr.

SELENA: This is so not fair...

You had a decent chance to dodge it, but it was still in my favor to hit.

Rarthur and Reffie go in for damage on Camilla. Only Rarthur connects, but it's enough.

CAMILLA: Don't... forget... me...

She drops a Talisman. I don't think we end up taking it.

Beruka's stuck carrying her Spear, so she's wide open to be melee ranged by an incoming Relise.

Beruka is decently threatening even if she's slow as she's got 29 DEF and a very good chance she will hit and crit. Her namesake weapon does have the Killer effect and 30% crit on top of her high SKL and good LCK.

BERUKA: Def... eat... ed...

Ell...ip..sis...

A turn later and we're headed south to lure in Ryoma and his retainers. He's got a lot of physical ranged damage on his team and that's worrying.

We also see our first Physic use in Elise healing herself to full.

Raijinto does do physical damage with it's ranged attack, despite being lightning and all.

RYOMA: For the glory of Hoshido!

This would be terrifying if it wasn't an Effie he was hitting. This amounts to a grand total of 10 damage.

I decide to put a Freeze on Kagero as she's carrying a Sting Shuriken, the armorslaying shuriken. In theory, Saizo's Flame Shuriken is just as bad if not worse as it does magic damage but he's at least in range to be pummeled.

Rarthur and Reffie take a shot on two 2/3rds chances to eliminate him now, in fact.

It works.

SAIZO: Still... not... good enough...

We then heal Effie up with our 2nd Physic use and line up a supported assault.

But instead of banking on 2 mid 60% chances, I decide to bank on one by just doubling up the Effie power.

RYOMA: I'm... sorry...

Outright oneshot. He drops a Speedwing, though I'll have to find the time to get it to Elise or Arthur.

The turn passes and it's down to getting Kagero. She's not durable in the slightest, but she's hard to hit and her stat downs are a pain.

Arthur hits here, but gets his SKL and SPD hit pretty hard.

EFFIE: Try me on for size!

These swings were all in the 40 - 50% range but it goes to show you can't expect to dodge tank forever unless those percents are almost single digit.

Reffie borrows an Azura's Salve to heal both of our Arthurs, which effectively makes it heal 20.

Azura just didn't get an invitation to show up here, I guess.

Hinoka's tired of waiting now since we just bopped her brother, so this finds us with her pressing in from the east.

She's super fast and dodgy, and her damage is pretty decent. That Bolt Naginata could prove a bit of a problem.

Nobody is in range to meet her approach so we have to deal with this position on the next turn. Luckily there's the bridge right here so we're not going to be impeded by the water.

Arthur moves in range with a Tomahawk throw but misses. Fine, didn't need it to.

With support on hand, Reffie moves in but also misses her oneshot with the Beast Killer.

I break our Freeze staff on her in the situation this doesn't work out. Only Xander's team is left after this so we might as well.

I did it now rather than after because I needed to move an Elise in range for support but she won't do much damage to Hinoka if she did hit. I'm hoping to save a Fimbulvetr shot for Setsuna.

Goodbye Freeze, I think only one of your uses was necessary thus far, but I appreciated the safety nonetheless.

HINOKA: I refuse to... accept... this...

There's the oneshot we needed. Now Setsuna's left alone in the middle of the river, eating a dodge penalty.

:v:

Azama's not in range to hit Elise, so she goes in for a chance at one-rounding on Setsuna.

ELISE: Byeeee~

SETSUNA: Oh...? O-Oh...

She didn't know what hit her, evidently. I still had an Effie 50% and an Arthur attack on deck so I was probably getting this done anyways, but the less damage taken the better!

2 Crits from Azama would actually be lethal. A reminder that Azama's stats are not the ones you'd normally see on a healer.

Also his opening flourish has him get so close to Arthur he has to backflip away before attacking.

Well, that'll mean Arthur has no chance of dying now.

Oh, you can just do that too, that's fine :magical:

I'm sure Azama is able to appreciate the cruel twist of fate. Maybe.

ARTHUR: No more holding back!

This misses, but it had a small chance not to. Now I've been reminded that a Sol proc doesn't mean it's going to hit.

AZAMA: Guess I'll walk into the light...

He just takes a crabclaw to the face instead. We get another Shell Horn but we toss it. I'm rather full up on usables.

To the far north lies our last opponents, Xander and his crew.

His stats and ranged sword are definitely intimidating, but for a Paladin his RES is bad.

We all move up, leaving Reffie in range to intercept Xander's opening.

An Effie double stack is enough to avoid any chance of missing or getting crit off the face of the earth.

It isn't enough to completely wipe him, so it's left to Relise to finish the job.

XANDER: How could I be... so careless...

Unfortunately, I forgot that Laslow has an Armorslayer.

I was worried here that I may have consigned Reffie here to her doom, so I did the only thing I could in hitting Peri with the Dragon Vein freeze.

There's more than a couple of these around the map but I was doing so good I didn't need them.

what's that, getting cold feet on me? :haw:

LASLOW: Shall we dance?

As it turns out, Laslow still can't really break through even with his sword. Not being able to double here against Wary Fighter really shoots his statline in the foot.

Still I don't think it was entirely unwarranted as a fear. Peri's Lance is of course a slightly critty javelin, so she might have been able to finish the job from behind him.

LASLOW: I am a lover... not a fighter...

You're a Hero, not a Fighter. Get it right.

The curtains close as Arthur moves up to oppose Peri.

:golfclap:

PERI: But I was gonna... do that to you...

And that's that, 21 turns. Not a single casualty, even a Replica! I think Arthur's crits may have had a small hand in making that happen, but they were fabulous regardless.

I could be convinced to run this again on a higher difficulty, but we might get a similar thing from Beach Brawl when it comes up. All in all, it's a fun little puzzle. There was very few dead turns during this, it was a very constant battle against an overwhelming enemy.

The DLC trial music is also just a jam.

(This was done after the coming updates so that's why we have so much DP.)

*We head right into ending dialogue without leaving the map.*

Music: Pray to the Dark

ELISE: Oh my gosh, I'm so awesome! Isn't it great that we won?

ELISE: No one can call me childish after that tactical smackdown!

ARTHUR: Too true, Lady Elise! You've led us to victory once again! Justice has prevailed. Huzzah!

EFFIE: You deserve all the credit, milady. It was your efforts that ensured our triumph.

ELISE: That's so sweet! But don't be silly. We only succeeded because of you two.

ELISE: Why don't we have a tea party to celebrate!

RAINBOW SAGE: Interesting... So the victors represent the blessings and dedication of Nohr.

ELISE: Oh, it's you, Mr. Rainbow Sage! Didn't you think we would win?

RAINBOW SAGE: I admit that I'm not terribly surprised. Congratulations, nonetheless.

RAINBOW SAGE: Now then, would you be so kind as to place your hands together?

ELISE: Okeydokey!

'Okeydokey' is the correct reply in a situation like this, yes.

RAINBOW SAGE: I, who forged the sacred blade...

RAINBOW SAGE: I, who committed the great sin... I, who wove the divine colors... I request a bold, new power!

*Chime jingling*

RAINBOW SAGE: Excellent, it seems as though the ritual worked perfectly.

RAINBOW SAGE: Thanks to your extraordinary victory, new objects of power have been born.

ELISE: Umm...what are they?

RAINBOW SAGE: This is known as a Goddess Icon. The other is called an Ebon Wing.

RAINBOW SAGE: They are the proof of your party's triumph. I'm certain that they will assist Corndog in the other world.

ELISE: Wow! That's amazing, Mr. Rainbow Sage! Thanks for letting me help!

RAINBOW SAGE: No, I should be thanking you, Princess Elise.

RAINBOW SAGE: Regardless of the path she follows, you and Corndog will always share a bond. Your feelings for Corndog will transcend the distance between worlds.

RAINBOW SAGE: Should you wish to grant her more power, come to me again. I will always be waiting.

And so we get a +2 LCK stat booster for winning with Elise and the Ebon Wing (reclass to Dark Flier) and for picking a Nohr team.

Well, that's that for this update.

Hopefully I'll be able to bring this all back on normal schedule following this.

Oh, and before I go, someone the comments box made a good point: why do all the Hoshidans have different hair colors? Nohr's the one whose royalty is descended from concubines.

The details on this are kind of spoiler-bound, but the Hoshido kids are apparently descended from the same mother. My best guess is that brown and red/pink are the dominant and recessive genes, and Tacomeat just has a condition.

But who knows, it's anime hair colors. They're more a stylization or color-coding thing than an actual genetics thing half the time.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 2, 2023

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

That has to be the most pointless justification for a battle I've ever read.

Literally could have just been "Haha lets have a tournament for funsies, don't worry we'll hold back so as to not kill each other".

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

LJN92 posted:

That has to be the most pointless justification for a battle I've ever read.

Literally could have just been "Haha lets have a tournament for funsies, don't worry we'll hold back so as to not kill each other".

It is exceptionally over-explained, yeah. The only excuse I can give it is that Revelation is the only map in which it makes sense to have all the royals try to not kill each other, so they had to provide some context. That and explaining the Pride Sage being alive.

Could've just wrote it as a dream sequence like the prologue. Would've been more than fine enough.

The funny thing is that the Witch's Trial DLC we'll catch at the end of this intermission is like the exact opposite of this. It's like 3 lines of dialogue from what I remember.

Greenking77
Nov 6, 2022
I headcannon that Pineapple head just dyes his hair cause rebellious teenager

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
They seem to have learned their lesson at least since the other 'Royals fight each other' DLC has a lot more dialogue and has more fun.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rainbow Sage posted:

I require your assistance. I must borrow the strength of one from the Finished World. Unfortunately, the jerks from that game never wrote back. That is why I wrote that letter.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Rainbow Sage:
Dear Corrin et al, I need your help. I have inherited a large sum of money in the Possible World, but to deposit it in the Finished World I need a small advance...

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Update 52: Daycare for Ravenous Beasts (Paralogue 10- Hunter and Prey)

This time on Fates, we're off to the daycare timeholes for the first time.

But first we have base stuff, some reclassing, and some boosters to hand out.

Also I won an Iron Axe. It will eventually go towards making Helmsplitter better.

For no other reason besides that I can and there's not much else to throw these upgrade points on, I upgrade Corndog's treehouse.

We also get both an Effie and a Nyx statue to join our terra-cotta army. That's what it's starting to look like at this point.

At some point along the way I realized these probably unlock based after the unit defeats so many enemy units.

(I also place a random Fort and a Healing Tile around the base. There is another Invasion to do and I'll find a good spot for it by then.)

Lilith gets level 25 with STR, MAG, LCK, RES.

Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have gotten the playable Lilith mod too.

And now it's time for some reclassing promotion shenanigans. I'm really happy I got a mysterious amount of extra seals because the game doesn't really expect you to use such a varying array of units all the time. In practice, all it does is stop me from having to grind the money DLC offscreen and overleveling Corndog.

Anyways, Oboro promotes to Spear Master.

Music: Rush (Light)

She now gets this swanky new white coat to go with her ensemble. Stats generally up across the board, continues to have surprisingly effective average stats.

Whatever bug that has caused Mozu and Oboro's S rank to end up as half existent also seems to have broke the use of Partner and Friendship seals on her.

Oh, wow! Suddenly she's a Spear Fighter! How'd that happen?

Anyways, she's capped SPD, her HP is still low, but her STR and DEF carries. She's got her C rank lances back so now she's ready to Killer Lance it up once again.

Music: Rush (Dark)

Now it's time for the reclasses. I took the most interesting options and threw them into a random roll and here's what we got.

Flora decides to embrace her inner angst and becomes a Sorceror. Being already loaded with fantastic stats, this means her STR base will go unused, but she's more than capable of nuking enemies. She isn't really the fastest, but she's durable. Honestly, she has the stats to Nosferatu tank if she wants as it can't double anyways.

Not having her as a healer means the room opens up for our other healers.

Odin decides to hang up the magic books and re-embrace his old ways now that's he's reunited with his Awakening sword buddies.

I have no idea how this is going to turn out for him, but it'll be an experience. He's currently a little low in sword rank to pick up the Demonspanker, which was named to accomodate his personal skill.

Setsuna wields her boundless experience with traps to become... a ninja? This is a strange change in terms of gameplay value, but there's some positive aspects to it. Her STR was already struggling to achieve much, but the power of shuriken means she can still contribute by debuffing.

She can always promote into Mechanist from here and get her bow rank back too.

She gets the Pebble that Flora was using and a +2 Bronze Dagger...

Named Trap Hole for the moment, keeping in theme with both her and the name of our other upgraded dagger, Kunai With Chain.

I also drop 3400g on a Pike-Ruin Club while we're at the store to complement our wealth of axe users.

Now for stat boosters. Rinkah gets the Spirit Dust with the reasoning being that her STR isn't amazing, so might as well play into the magic side of Oni Chieftain. 8 MAG isn't a lot, but she'll get 4 MAG on promotion.

Charlotte gets a Secret Book, getting her SKL to 19. That's only 3% hit, but every bit helps!

Peri gets 1 Speedwing, getting her SPD up to 18. This gets her out of that borderline slow range she's in. She's not doubling everything, but she's doubling some things, then doing it more with her personal skill going off.

Arthur gets 1 Goddess Icon, getting his LCK to 10. It helps a lot, really.

Some of the others are going to the next two units we recruit.

Speaking of, let's get on that.

We're off to the "Poacher's Forest". You'd think if it was a known problem enough to get it named that, you'd do something about it.

Paralogue 10
Hunter & Prey

*Our perspective starts in a dark pine forest...*

Music: Shine in the Light

SELKIE: Wait, wait! Come back, little bird!

SELKIE: No good. It's gone. No fair, flying and stuff.

SELKIE: Guess I'll just have to learn how to fly too. Doesn't sound too hard. I'll just find the tallest tree around here and jump.

Meet Selkie, Kaden's daughter. She joins the ranks of terrifyingly effective units that shouldn't be in a military. For some reason, all beast kids, be they taguel, kitsune, or wolfskin only have a small part of their hair colored after their parent. In this case it's that pinkish white bang in the front coming from Keaton.

SELKIE: Hmm? What's that glowy doorway? Hello? Anyone home?

SELKIE: HELLO? ANYONE? Huh, nothing.

SELKIE: I'll just take a quick peek inside...

*We fade to white to suddenly find ourselves in a forest of hardwood trees, now nighttime. *

SELKIE: What is this place? So many unfamiliar scents!

SELKIE: Eeeew. What's THAT smell?

DAICHI: What have we here-a kitsune?

Music: Spreading Shadow

The smell is clowns! Or, rather a kabuki actor with a cartoonishly evil laugh.

SELKIE: Oooh! Where?

SELKIE: Oh, you mean me.

DAICHI: Must be my lucky day. I can sell a kitsune for a fortune. Dead or alive too, so I might as well make this easy. Dead will be fine.

SELKIE: (Hmm? What does "selling" mean? Or this "dead" thing? Weird.)

SELKIE: (Whatever it is, sounds like fun.)

Selkie's education in the way the world works is... not great.

SELKIE: Hey, let's play, mister. And do I smell more of your friends in the wind? I do! Let's ALL play!

DAICHI: Everyone! We've got it surrounded! Keep our circle tight-don't let it escape!

MEANWHILE...

KADEN: Can't wait to see my Selkie! Every time I go to her Deeprealm, my daughter is even more amazing!

HAYATO: Is that so? And you say she's a kitsune too?

yeah, rat kid is just here

most of these day care chapters open up with a random other guy to start the dialogue with

KADEN: Sure thing. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree either-her fur's just like mine.

KADEN:Now it's probably gotten even glossier than the last time I saw her!

KADEN: Hey! Don't get any funny ideas about Selkie. I'm warning you. Don't lay a finger on her. Or else.

KADEN: Which I mean in the worst way possible.

HAYATO: You're kidding, right? I know people sometimes hunt your kind. But you do realize that I'm a friend, don't you?

RUFFIAN: No, no, NO! Get me away from her! She's nuts!

KADEN: Need a hand? Oh, wait. You're probably not the sort that I should help.

RUFFIAN: Another one?!

KADEN: Another what-a kitsune, here in these woods? By any chance, you don't mean a kitsune girl, do you? Looks like me? Stunning fur? Twinkle in the eye?

RUFFIAN: What?!

RUFFIAN: Er, yeah. More or less.

KADEN: Ah! I smell Selkie-and more of your kind near her.

KADEN: You intend to put your filthy paws on my daughter. I guess it's time I show you all just what I mean by OR ELSE.

And we're here at the map.

Most enemies are level 20 unpromoted here.

Selkie herself is a good distance away in the middle of a forest inhabited by strangely immobile archers.

Her personal skill is Playthings, which deals a hard 5 damage to all adjacent enemies at the start of each turn. She's also inherited Odd-Shaped from Keaton, which alongside Kitsune's base Evenhanded means she gets +4 damage non every turn. Effectively +4 STR.

Statistically, she's a little low on DEF but she's extremely solid at the moment. With effectively 20 STR, 22 SPD, 20 LCK, 21 RES, and 31 HP before promotion she's kinda one of the best units we have already.

The boss is Daichi, a Basara mostly only notable for his huge HP bar of 51. He has higher STR than MAG but is only skilled in scrolls. :geno:

The funny thing about this map is that Selkie is in no danger at all. She will head straight for the boss and he will unquestionably die as he accomplishes a grand 1 damage on her and she doubles him for 10 damage each swing.

Because Daichi is a forcefully recruitable unit, this chapter is about saving him. I imagine this is harder when you're not on the lowest difficulty and your Selkie isn't crazy good.

The map looks wide open, but there's a lot of impassably thick trees around. Regardless, we'll be setting up a rescue to just haul Selkie to us.

Our team looks like this. We get to bring a huge 14 units. Corndog, Kaden, Keaton, Azura, Gunter, Setsuna, Niles, Nyx, Hana, Sakura, Elise, Kagero, Felicia, Scarlet.

Nyx continues to pick up votes to see use. This is likely to the chagrin of the one voter who wants Nyx benched. That's democracy!

Music: Past Light
Music: Past Light (Storm)

Our music for this chapter is this, used only in early Birthright and some Paralogue chapters.

Felicia has enough movement and MAG to use the last charge on a Rescue staff to pick up Selkie before she does any unwanted damage.

She can maim after she's promoted :colbert:

Served us well, Rescue staff.

Gunter shelters Felicia for no other reason than for him to pick up some combat exp with her patching up his SPD. Keaton moves in and softens up a ninja for someone else to pick up, he's mostly just carrying Kaden up.

One dance later and a turn 1 recruit we do have.

KADEN: I'm here to save the day, Selkie! Are you all right?

SELKIE: Daddy! You've come to play too?

KADEN: Huh? These people aren't playing. And you mustn't play with them. Not now. Not ever. Nuh-uh. No way.

SELKIE: Boooo... Why not? And after I went to all the trouble of rounding them up for a game!

SELKIE: *grumble grumble*

KADEN: Hmm, what was that again? And where did you pick up such ugly words?

KADEN: Never mind, Daughter. Just listen. These men want your fur.

SELKIE: My fur? But I'm wearing it! How can they-? Oh. I get it.

KADEN: Lemme at 'em.

KADEN: Or, wait...I've got a game for you, Daughter.

KADEN: It's called Hunt the Humans.

SELKIE: Thanks, Daddy! Should be fun!

Despite all of this, Selkie will be more well-adjusted than Peri at least.

And she's about to down two stat boosters to make her even more broken and eat two seals to swap into a promoted class like this is Engage.

She technically doesn't promote until next turn, but here it is anyways, the Wolfskin promotion, Wolfssegner. She has both her fox tail and the wolf tail, which is funny because onlyt he latter has physics.

After stat boosters, her final stats will be this:

42 HP, 24 + 4 STR, 4 MAG, 16 SKL, 21 SPD, 17 LCK, 18 DEF, 18 RES.

Congrats thread, you have created a monster. She hits and tanks like a train now.

Statbuilding silliness aside, let's start clearing the map. It's not particularly hard for us, even with underpowered units like Setsuna and Niles around.

(Niles does not hit, meaning this guy lives with 1 HP.)

He does when Elise attacks and misses both Bolt Axes.

Kagero picks up level 17 for SPD and LCK.

Nyx tries to clear and archer but misses her crit chance. There was an appreciable chance she got crit and died in return. Didn't happen and Hana cleans up for Swords B.

The rest of our team moves east and what's this? I put our flying leader in range of a bow?! How could I be so foolish?!

jk this guy barely had a hit chance and isn't close to oneshotting us

corndog has more important things to than care about arrows such as flying around aimlessly and replying to scam mail about the possible world

Hana intercepts an incoming merc with a Killing Edge. She hits 19 for STR, SKL, SPD.

She also does the same to an incoming Oni. Honestly, today's team is the Tissue Paper Brigade as so many characters around can barely take a hit.

While Selkie is busy munching her stat vitamins out in the open, the team is clearing the map out for EXP. Niles gets STR, SKL, LCK, DEF at level 15.

Good level, but he needs that a couple more times before he can catch up.

Hana opens this hit on the outlaw that shot Corndog with her Naginata. Gotta grind that skill up someday. You can see promoted wolf look of Selkie on assist here, now predominantly blood red and black.

SELKIE: Gyahaha!

With a mildly terrifying battle cry, Selkie opens her first attack, an assist, as a 36 damage crit.

:stare:

SELKIE: This will be fun!

SELKIE: Watch out, I play rough!

:magical:

Oh, and Hana levels for STR, SPD, and RES as she hits 20. Never intent on getting bulk, I see.

Sheesh, we've got a lot of single digit crits on board from the enemy here. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've been doing some ironman attempts recently and I'm quite wary of them.

The Tissue Paper Brigade continues to obtain EXP.

Felicia hits 18, getting SKL, SPD, LCK.

Nyx still hasn't hit a crit. She was on a roll... like for one chapter and I think it was a run that didn't survive anyways.

Anyways, this is what Selkie does to these enemies if we let her off the leash.

She even gets decent EXP off these guys somehow.

Kagero hits 18 and gets STR, SPD, DEF.

Sakura hits one of the worst levels we've had in a long time. Just HP. Ah well, that's level 19.

Elise hits 17 on cleanup and gets MAG, SPD, DEF.

keaton finds us some random crystals

The team is vaguely starting to split up in pursuit of enemies.

Hana moves northwest to crit guys off the planet alongside the Corndog/Scarlet pair, Kaden/Keaton pair, Azura, Niles, Setsuna, and Sakura.

Oh, right, did I mention that Corndog and Scarlet are going to be a thing now? That's how the votes landed.

I realize there's more room for Setsuna over here with Nyx, so I dance her back to the east.

Azura levels to 24 off this, getting STR, SKL, SPD, RES.

Setsuna hits 17 and gets SKL, SPD, LCK, RES. That's pretty much expected.

(she also learns locktouch and the last ruffian over here is unceremoniously dunked on off screen)

Selkie starts to make an early walk north as the vast majority of the map is barely a threat and Paper Team 2 doesn't need any more good unit backup.

So many assist crits today. This one was just off the Killing Edge but still.

We get a rare double level off this interaction. Niles hits 16 with STR, SKL, LCK, RES.

...Keep it up with that STR and you might find your way onto the usable unit list.

Hana hits 21 and gets HP, STR, SKL. She's had a tiny trickle of bulk coming in which has been nice. A reminder that she's in a special class so she just goes to 40 now without need for any other promotion.

If you're wondering why we're leveling so fast, these guys all drop in the range of 40 - 50 EXP for the units I'm trying to feed.

On our way up to Kabuki Quantum Fighter, we'll be having the leveling squad farm chip exp and wins off the inexplicably paralyzed archers.

If they're paralyzed with fear, I understand.

Elise hits 18, netting HP, MAG, SPD, RES.

Selkie helps her first dad get EXP...

Setsuna hits 18 and gets just SPD. Well, it was the one growth I'd be surprised if you didn't hit it. She also picks up Poison Strike which will aid her in doing any damage at all when not fighting other squishy units.

We're really just sweeping up, but it wouldn't be a real update if it didn't include at least one Gunter Sol proc.

Kaden hits 18, getting STR, SKL, SPD, LCK. These stat gains don't retroactively affect Selkie's or anything, this is just to get him closer to 20 to join with the rest of the team.

A while later, we find that Daichi does, in fact, move to attack us.

Music: Wild Outlaw

DAICHI: We're here to poach fair and square! You won't stop us!

Admitting that it's poaching is admitting that it's not fair.

SELKIE: Look out, dum-dum!

SELKIE: Nope!

Something I've neglected to mention is that Selkie does have this weird cadence to her voice, which does combine effectively with the transformation's reverb effect.

Meanwhile, Sakura has been healing Niles as he has archer duels and finally hits 20. STR, MAG, LCK, RES. Ready to promote!

Felicia moves up to stat debuff Daichi and gives us a hilarious image. What is this, Awakening? 0%, 0%, 0%?

FELICIA: I won't mess this up!

you're joking

absolutely pristine 6% 1 damage crit :discourse:

And finally... after a frankly insulting amount of chip damage...

In comes Niles with a Rubber Bow.

DAICHI: That fur... That lovely, lovely fur... Would have made a fortune off it...

Niles gets level 17 with MAG, LCK...

Welcome to the team, buddy :)

And we finish the map by having Niles return to messing with the lone archer left on the map, the same one he was shooting at earlier.

He hits 18 and gets SPD, LCK, RES.

Unfortunately that STR is now falling behind again.

That's the map! I thought I took longer than 11 turns, but eh, I'll take it.

Music: Unfamiliar Streets

SELKIE: That was fun! But now they're all gone. Just when it was getting interesting!

KADEN: Hmm. Selkie, you do realize that they were trying to catch you, right?

SELKIE: Yup! It was like tag!

KADEN: Whoa, Daughter. It really wasn't. But I'm just glad you're safe.

It was more like a one person game of Red Rover.

SELKIE: Hey, hey, Daddy? Are all of your battles like this?

KADEN: Hm? Yeah, pretty much.

SELKIE: Yay! I can't wait to see more battles! So I'm coming with you.

KADEN: What? No, you're not.

SELKIE: Wheee! Yes, I am! This is going to be way more fun than being stuck at home.

KADEN: Battles aren't fun and games, Selkie. They're sad and deadly.

SELKIE: They are?

SELKIE: I'm sorry, Daddy. I guess I just got carried away.

KADEN: Nope. No need to apologize. Just as long as you understand.

At least he's not reinforcing it.

SELKIE: You know, since you and your friends saved me...

SELKIE: I need to return the favor. That's the right thing to do, isn't it?

KADEN: Wow, Selkie. You really are growing up, aren't you? Yes, it's good to repay debts.

SELKIE: Then it's settled. I can play with your friends from now on!

KADEN: Huh? I didn't say you could come.

Kaden is also smart enough to realize he's going to be completely strongarmed here, both verbally and physically.

KADEN: I guess they would like to play with you though. Not too rough now!

SELKIE: I'll do my best, Daddy!

Our army is going to be maimed.

And as such, we picked up one of the dog kids from dimensional daycare. Next time, we pick up the other and I dump two updates' worth of supports onto you.

Look forward to it!

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 22, 2023

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Odd Wilson posted:

Oh, right, did I mention that Corndog and Scarlet are going to be a thing now? That's how the votes landed.

welp

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Rinkah was solidly in second place, but Scarlet ended up a good deal ahead of her.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Odd Wilson posted:

Rinkah was solidly in second place, but Scarlet ended up a good deal ahead of her.

Oh, I wasn't saying that because of the shipping wars. :v:

I'm just saying, considering what happens to Scarlet in Revelations...

Malah
May 18, 2015

Odd Wilson posted:

:getin:

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

I guess this thread prefers to live in interesting times.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
I'm sure it'll work out fine. What's the worst that could happen?

Anyway hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Selkie~ She's a personal favorite, one of those units I basically refuse to not use and pamper whenever I wind up replaying a game she's in. I'm very pleased she's turned out as a proper wrecking ball for this LP; those crits are magical.

Fun note in your comparisons of her to Peri: same voice actor. You can really tell when you know it; both of them and Hinoka have a shared bit of raspiness.

...wait, is there a Hinoka x Peri support?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Ah good, we got the most revelations pairing of them all.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Jadecore posted:

I'm sure it'll work out fine. What's the worst that could happen?

Anyway hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Selkie~ She's a personal favorite, one of those units I basically refuse to not use and pamper whenever I wind up replaying a game she's in. I'm very pleased she's turned out as a proper wrecking ball for this LP; those crits are magical.

Fun note in your comparisons of her to Peri: same voice actor. You can really tell when you know it; both of them and Hinoka have a shared bit of raspiness.

...wait, is there a Hinoka x Peri support?

Ah, that definitely explains it then with the VA. The funny thing is that I was thinking I liked Hinoka and Peri's voices and here you come and reveal to me that they're all the same. Huh. (I'm pretty bad at vocal understanding when it's not singing for some reason, so I'm not surprised.)

As for Hinoka x Peri, it seems to be one of the ones marked as in progress. So, no, currently, but maybe eventually. That said, this reminded me to check and Gay Fates 2.0 came out yesterday! I really need to get around to trying to update the files and hope it doesn't cause any issues.

One thing I have been dealing with is Kaze and Yukimura lacking the support they should have, but I wonder if that's due to the route difference and the fact that the latter shouldn't even be here. These games can have some weird coding, and though far removed, the GBA games definitely do at least. Come to think of it, the original loss of our Selena x Felicia support may have been due to the Felicia and Jakob swap mod in some capacity when upgrading.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Update 53: Daycare Service For the Low Price of 0.99 Rout Maps (Paralogue 18- Nutty Family)

AKANE: (Nameless gods, these statues are starting to look like the ones in an old warlord's tomb...)

AKANE: (...The kind where their army was meant to serve in the afterlife as well.)

BRIGITTA: Really? She's making more of these tacky statues?

BRIGITTA: They don't even look like the person they're supposed to.

AKANE: ...

BRIGITTA: ...What are you staring at? I'm the one who has to sweep this whole area up. You're the one loitering.

BRIGITTA: Unless you have some more abuse to lay upon my delicate soul, I'm just going to be here. Sweeping my sorrows away...

BRIGITTA: It will mysteriously take me all day to complete said task... please leave me to it...

AKANE: ...Hmph.

---

Welcome back, Kagero got a statue in the terracotta army.

We'll do supports when we get back from our second daycare trip. Just a little bit of management to do before we get there.

We invest in a Barb Shuriken, which is the Killer weapon shuriken.

Music: Rush (Light)

Also, Sakura promotes to Priestess.

:eyepop:

holy moley baloney those are some promotion gains

She's got bows now so she can pincushion enemies. Her STR is roughly even to Niles's so she won't do too much damage but we're on the route that gives us access to the Shining Bow with her, a.k.a. the magic bow.

The problem is getting her bow rank up from E.

Lilith gets HP, SKL, SPD, DEF, RES. Good level!

Her stats will be vaguely applicable whenever we get around to another invasion.

Not now though, we're off to daycare number 2.

The situation is somewhat similar, we're going to end up finding her outside of her time hole. This is relatively uncommon amongst the daycare chapters, most of them take place inside the timehole.

Which, given how fast the time progresses inside them probably means our army vanishes for a few weeks or something.

Eh, we'll suffer the logical implications when we get to a kid chapter that's relevant to it.

Paralogue 18-
Nutty Family

*We find ourselves in yet another dark pine forest...*

Music: Unfamiliar Streets

VELOURIA: Oooh, cool. There are so many acorns around here.

VELOURIA: *sniff* They have such a nice scent too. So earthy, so rich. I should find the very nicest one and give it to Daddy as a present.

VELOURIA: But maybe if I pick a fresh one from one of those trees...

Red Riding Hood here is Keaton's kid, already displaying a habit of collecting things. That singular orange strip of hair is from Kaden, of course.

VELOURIA: Huh? What's up there? Behind those branches?

VELOURIA: It looks like some sort of weird portal... *sniff, sniff*

VELOURIA: What? That scent! I'd recognize it anywhere. Smells like my daddy!

Not every kid uses "daddy", if that bothers you. It just so happens that both of our half-fox half-wolf kids do.

*Our view then cuts to a much brighter, eastern forest.*

KEATON: We're almost there. Now, where is that darn portal exactly?

KEATON: My daughter, Velouria, is beyond it in her Deeprealm.

KAZE: I'm looking forward to meeting your daughter. You've said she's more like you than her father-right down to the tail?

KEATON: Yup! Pretty much exactly like me. Except that she prefers her own company. A real lone wolf!

Note: It actually still says "mother", no idea if that's already been fixed in a later Gay Fates patch. As for the second tail, she inherits it too.

KEATON: She's not used to being around others. You might find her...overwhelming.

KEATON: She really wears her heart on her sleeve. Like, REALLY really.

KAZE: Wait, who's there?!

KAZE: Watch out- trouble approaches!

INVADER: ...

Music: The Dim Abyss

Trouble! In the form of a man with a larger pec window than Kaze!

KAZE: What? It seems we're about to be ambushed.

KEATON: Not the best timing. I hate to keep Velouria waiting.

KEATON: But I'm game for a fight.

And after that slightly stilted exchange, fight we shall! Peculiar that Keaton would use a timehole for his kid that's in Hoshidan territory, but whatever.

This map presents us with a mountain pass with a small path through it, guarded by a full regiment of otherworld invaders.

The notable threat is the three magic ballistas, all manned by a caster. Normally Velouria wouldn't arrive with too great of a RES stat I imagine, so these threaten her quite a bit.

My setup for this chapter takes entirely too long, but I did want to mention that Kagero capped STR with with two levels to spare. Notably, she has a +3 max STR over a normal Ninja, letting her hit 20.

She's not actually coming along, the final team is Corndog, Elise/Effie, Anna/Leo, Setsuna/Felicia, Keaton/ Selkie, Azura, and Sakura/Kaze.

With that, we start.

KEATON: Hrm? I'm picking up the slightest scent of wolfskin somewhere.

KEATON:To the...west? Yes! On the other side of those mountains! Who could it be...?

KEATON:Oh, no. It's Velouria.

KEATON: But, how? I've never shown her where the portal is on her side. It can't be her.

KEATON: But that's definitely her scent coming from the west!

This is our hint to this map's gimmick. Velouria will appear on the other side of the mountain where all the enemies are in a few turns. We have to be ready to save her.

Music: Dark Wastes
Music: Dark Wastes (Fire)

This is our battle theme this time. A track we'd normally only hear in Conquest outside of a few paralogues.

The team all moves for the center of the map to start chipping away at the enemy wall. Sakura is carrying the last Rescue staff charge, but her MAG is so big now she doesn't even have to be that close to pick up Velouria when she shows.

Leo takes point and baits an enemy Faceless...

...And he gets frozen. I forgot to mention the enemy staff users here are packing offensive staves.

The Barb Shuriken doesn't go that far in making Kaze good at dealing damage.

But he doesn't need to crit when Corndog can just do it off a 10% assist. :shrug:

Setsuna helps Anna line up some EXP as well.

Because there's so many annoying casters and staves like Freeze and Enfeeble on this map, the Dragon Veins are here to silence enemies for 1 turn. This gives you the ability to approach and get up in their grill safely once the Faceless bodyguards are gone.

The effect for this one is a big swirl of greenish wind with some leaves in it.

Thus, we can now get Selkie deep into the front lines to pull out a Wyvern Rider hiding behind the lines. The trick with the Dragon Veins is that they're pretty limited and spread out so I won't be able to do this too often.

Selkie out here dodgetanking as a Wolfssegner.

On one hand I must ask: how do you keep doing this?

On the other hand: :allears:

As it wraps back around to our turn, Anna snaps up a guy left behind by Elise last turn.

She gets level 15, gets SKL, SPD, LCK, DEF.\

I'll... take it? I don't even know what to say about your stats.

Leo and Elise help remove some threats...

Felicia pushes forward to put a dent in the Faceless that approached last round. Their stats are rather decent to be fair. These aren't the zombies that are in a few other FE games.

Keaton is still good at his job, even if Selkie does it better.

This troubadour in the center has Freeze and Physic. I'm tired of dealing with them.

Elise levels off of an assist to 19 and gets only SPD. Before you think that's a bad level, she's already capped MAG and LCK.

She'll probably get a decent amount of bulk when she finally promotes, but she does still have hitrate problems unless a support partner is around and her durability is quite low. I don't mind though because it's funny having a character that doubles enemy mages for 22 damage through their RES with a big rear end axe.

OW

There was still someone left to man the magic ballista, and Corndog's lack of RES really shows.

okay that's just rude

okay that's even more rude

There's Faceless reinforcements popping out of the forts where we started.

Oh, and also our camera gets yanked to the upper left...

VELOURIA: Daddy? *sniff, sniff* Is that you?

Music: Guest of Shade

KEATON: *sniff* Velouria? By all the hair in my ears! What are you doing here?

VELOURIA: I was hunting for just the right gift for you when I caught your scent! Then I found the portal to your world! I can't believe I found you, my dear, daring, dashing Daddy!

KEATON: I, uh... Those are a lot of Ds. Let's save the tail-wagging until later, Velouria. We're in trouble here.

VELOURIA: Oh. Are we?

VELOURIA: How about I lend a hand? Or a paw?

VELOURIA: I've been perfecting my hunting skills off in my Deeprealm. I'm fiercer than the last time you saw me, Daddy.

Velouria is a lot like her overeager sister, she's just a bit more reserved about it.

This also reminds me that I forgot to do a stat analysis for Selkie. Well, we'll do 'em together at the end.

Stat-wise, Velouria has slightly more STR and DEF while having less SPD and RES. With the Energy Drop her sister was given, she only leads in DEF now.

Her personal skill Goody Basket gives her a LCK% chance to restore 10 HP at the start of each turn. Pretty good.

First up, Anna tries to take out the mage that just blasted the team, but the Killer Bow doesn't want to trigger.

And as such, we save Velouria from the horde of archers and magic damage by dancing Sakura to the far north on our side of the mountain.

Velouria joins on our team without us needing to talk to her, we just scream across the mountainside until she does.

She's the first kid unit I know of that just joins our team without being a neutral or an enemy first. That includes Awakening, but I'm probably forgetting someone. (Brady or Laurent?)

Goodbye Rescue staff, old friend :(

This mage continues to elude defeat...

But in doing so, he's activated my Trap card!

TRAP HOLE!

Ow, gods

At least Corndog dodged this time.

The Faceless reinforcement from the north fort ends up in a fistfight with our own hulking beasts.

stop

Velouria rejoins her family and I also note that she arrives with a Beastrune. This is a unique stone that trades out a little SKL, SPD, crit, and hit for a mass amount of DEF and RES and a little more base damage.

Music: Rush (Dark)

The vote was very close to make her a Fighter, but...

Nine-Tails won out in the end. So now she mirrors her sister. Outside of a small STR difference, this has the fun effect of making them roughly equivalent across the board. Her LCK is also up a good few points making it more likely to hit her personal skill.

Both of them have a wealth of RES though, so not only can both of them tank normally, they're very good at magekilling.

(Well, Velouria is a bit less of a physical tank, but it still works.)

With that done...

I activate another Trap card! I activate Kunai with Chain, targeting my Kaze!

schwing

HP, STR, SKL, SPD, RES

Kaze is about as durable as Yu-gi-oh card, but there's no denying that he's fast.

You also have to keep in mind that he's Level 11. The Christmas Ninjas have seen about as much use as Rat Kid.

keaton, how did you find coral in the middle of a mountain forest

Our team sets to clearing out the southern reinforcements and Felicia picks up level 19 off a heal.

HP, MAG, SKL, LCK, RES.

Getting real tired of these staves...

Here, eat another silence. Azura's in range of the northern vein so why not.

A turn later and we've moved up on them.

Freeze that.

And I'll show you who's feeble.

There.

The Nine-tails form very notably has many tails, but is a bit spikier and goes for a white and red color theming in contrast with Wolfssegner's red and black.

Selkie gets her first level off this, with an unimpressive HP and LCK. Well, she's got more levels to go.

This joker tries to hit Keaton with the magic cannon but misses.

We do some more luring and Leo picks up level 4 with HP, SPD, LCK, RES. Good enough level for him.

Setsuna picks up level 19 with... HP, SKL. Neat.

Up north, Effie gets up in their grill. With Elise supporting and the Guard Naginata, the enemy magic isn't particularly threatening. And given her personal skill, she can still deal some hefty damage with the thing.

Down south, Velouria demonstrates the power of the Beastrune.

Our other units are getting in on the action, but they're not picking up as many wins as I'd have liked.

Anna gets this one though.

But she still hasn't landed a crit this whole time.

Effie picks up level 17 with STR, SPD, LCK, DEF. Only thing that level is missing is HP maybe. Still an excellent level.

Setsuna's ridiculous speed lets her more than easily double enemy outlaws.

On the next turn, she picks up the other Outlaw for EXP and hits 20. STR, SPD. We'll have to vote on her promotion.

Anna also picks up level 16 with MAG, SKL, SPD, DEF.

She really isn't suited for this class, is she? The obvious thing is that she'll be a good staff user in Adventurer, but... sheesh.

Sakura picks up her first promoted level and gets everything but RES. :golfclap:

At this point, all that's left is the boss, a Sorceror in a pair-up with another Dark Mage. He's not fast, but he hits like a train and has solid defenses.

Felicia also levels again in the process, getting HP, MAG, SPD. Great!

Also she's still gaining EXP, so I guess she just goes up to 40?

Well this interaction was profitable. That's with complete sarcasm as dragging out the big guy is worse than having cleared his unpromoted partner first.

Really just a tactical error on my part though.

Elise can do notable damage to this boss, but she still can't take more than 1 hit and he's also using Nosferatu.

This fight is a prolonged by me trying to get our lesser units in there, but it's not working.

A Pebble from Setsuna gets us some leeway and allows us to outdamage the boss's healing.

Doesn't stop the misses and the dual guards though.

An entire turn later and Elise gets a second chance to snag the EXP I've been trying to hand her.

oh come on

At least we get a Beaststone+ after that. Now, Elise will just have to eat the last guy for the last bit to get her level...

huh

what

but...

but... the map said rout the enemy

there's still an enemy left?!?

Who are you, generic Dark Mage?! :psyduck:

The best I can guess is that the routine for dropping a paired unit takes a small bit of time to redeclare it as an active enemy, during which the map got flagged as complete when there were no enemies left.

Either that or the condition was mislabeled.

Music: Reminiscence

VELOURIA: Aw, the hunt is over already...

VELOURIA: That was fun. Thanks for arranging such a nice game, Daddy.

KEATON: Um, that wasn't a game, Velouria. I'm not exactly happy to see you here. You could have been hurt.

If this isn't a game, then what is it?

VELOURIA: Daddy, I can see your tail wagging. I know you're happy to see me!

KEATON: Whuh? My tail's twitching, that's all. I'm actually very, very, very angry with you, Daughter.

KEATON: (Stop it, you damned tail!)

KEATON: Now, Velouria, I want you to scamper back to your Deeprealm. Off with you. I'm busy. You know the way out.

VELOURIA: Grrrah!

KEATON: Hrm? Watch your tone, Daughter.

VELOURIA: No!

VELOURIA: I mean, yes, I'll watch my tone. But I'm not going back. I'm joining your pack, Daddy.

KEATON: Velouria, this isn't a pack. We're, uh, comrades-in-arms or something. No way. Never. Go, now!

VELOURIA: Huh? But, Daddy...I'm so confused. Your tail is wagging YES.

KEATON: Whuh? Gaah!

Where Keaton is a pushover in most social situations, he is especially so when it comes to any of his family.

VELOURIA: Hey, I just remembered. Before I went through the portal, I found this for you.

VELOURIA: The perfect acorn!

KEATON: Wow! That's the prettiest acorn I've ever laid eyes on. So glossy! It's like a pearl! From a tree!

KEATON: Which reminds me. I have a gift for you too, Daughter. Here...

VELOURIA: Oh, wow! A bat? It's all shriveled. Its wings are ripped up. Did you chew on it?

VELOURIA: Daddy, it's perfect. You're wonderful.

KEATON: Er, am I?

KEATON: Sure, why not? I guess I am! But as far as you coming with us...?

KEATON: Oh, all right.

VELOURIA: Really?!

VELOURIA: *wag, wag* *sniff, sniff* *wag, sniff, wag*

KEATON: Ha! That tickles, Velouria! All right, you're happy. I get it.

VELOURIA: I'm sorry. I'm just so glad to be part of your pack at last, Daddy.

KEATON: All right, all right. But it's not my pack, OK? That's not how this group works.

Corndog is definitively the leader, yeah. There is no opposing her.

KEATON: *waggity, waggity, waggity*

KEATON: Ha! There goes my tail again. Welcome, Daughter! Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome!

VELOURIA: OK, Daddy. Settle down. Now you're embarrassing me!

You know, I almost named the update "waggity". But I can't get over that Dark Mage escaping the boundaries of the divine law known as "Rout the enemy".

Anyways, thus we have recruited Acorn Daughter.

We'll handle the rest of the base stuff next time, right now it's time to drown in supports.

Is this a building in construction? Because that sure is a lot of supports.

----------------------SUPPORTS----------------------------

Corndog x Subaki C-

Corndog watches Subaki train, but he begins to have an existential crisis as his stomach starts growling. Ye gods, how uncouth!

Elise x Sakura B-

Elise asks everyone in an entire Hoshidan town looking for a koto. After she does find one, she and Sakura agree to find a piece of music they can play as a duet together.

Corndog x Scarlet C-

Corndog ends up watching Scarlet train, then ending up training with her. In the process Scarlet talks about how she's self-taught at combat and instead of following in her parents' footsteps went onto make her own knight company.

Said company eventually ended up as the resistance movement.

Kaden x Selkie C-

Selkie asks her father to take her to the kitsune hamlet as she's not yet been introduced to any of her (half-)kind. Kaden agrees and reminisces on his time there, letting slip that he was originally a leader of the kitsune.

As it turns out, he and Keaton are both kind of vagrant rulers, which depending on how succession works in animal person lands, means Selkie and Velouria are in line for two titles.

Very little of our army is without some form of social status. (Mozu, Shura, Nyx, Charlotte, Benny, unless I'm forgetting someone.)

Keaton x Selkie C- [Unwritten]

This one's not been written yet, but my take would probably be Selkie taking a strong interest in Keaton's morbid object collection. This would initially be welcomed, but she'd probably start taking too far.

I fear for the bat population should this happen.

Elise x Hana C- [UGF]

Elise finds Hana training and starts to fangirl out. This has the resulting effect of mostly weirding Hana out instead.

This one's slightly funnier to me because Hana's also been doing the Lucina cosplay with her class.

Keaton x Velouria C-

In which Keaton is easily held hostage by his love for strange things, something his daughter knows how to target directly.

Our army's dog person family is strange. I'm trying to imagine that sniffing is equivalent to hugging to try and make it less weird.

Setsuna x Felicia C- [UGF]

Felicia stumbles on Setsuna in the kitchen, where she's in the process of burning yet another poor meal. Felicia manages to put it out thanks to experience with burning food, but ends up getting roped into teaching Setsuna how to cook.

Sakura x Kaze C-

Sakura loses one of her dolls again, presumably the Corndog one, and Kaze steps in to help out.

She keeps losing these things.

Elise x Effie B-

Effie powerlifts Elise until she gets bored, but the ordeal reminds Elise of how they met. Apparently she stole away from the castle as a kid to go have fun in the outside world and ended up meeting Effie. The guards in the capital almost arrested Effie after something happened, but Elise bailed her out given she is the princess after all.

Selkie x Velouria C- [UGF]

Selkie and Velouria are polar opposites on energy levels, something that has the latter sister trying to avoid the former. Selkie insists that they play together and makes an argument that they should as they're the only half-kitsune half-wolfskin around and manages to win the discussion.

Leo x Anna C- [Uncoded]

Yet another uncoded one. The thing to remember with all of these is that they're still drafts. Drafts I usually have to clean up a bit myself. You're welcome/I'm sorry, original writers?

Regardless in this one, Leo interrogates Anna about her extortionate prices but eventually drops the matter when he gets a deal on some tomatoes.

Kaden x Velouria C- [Unwritten]

My first draft idea wouldr be something about Kaden getting Velouria to not wear her hood so often out of some thought that it's bad for her fur. That or Velouria asks about her Kitsune side that Keaton can't answer.

You could probably do a classic "how did my parents meet" thing too.

-Requested Extras-

Oboro x Camilla S- [ESSM]

In the first of extra supports requested, we have possibly the gayest romance novel support there is. At least so far.

Apparently Oboro and Camilla are the most sensible people in our army as they'd actually plan to wait on kids until after all this fighting is over. And they probably wouldn't stick them in a timehole either.

---------------------------NEW UNITS----------------------------

Selkie, Hunting Hybrid
"Kaden's daughter. Carefree and full of joy, she's very energetic and loves to play."

Reclass Options: Wolfssegner, Nine-Tails, Onmyoji, Basara

Personal Skill- Playthings:
After the start of the user’s Turn, all enemies that are adjacent to the user have their HP reduced by 5

Base Growths + Class Growths
HP___ STR__ MAG__ SKL__ SPD___ LCK__ DEF___ RES
48 ____45 ____08 ____28 ____45 ____45 ___40 _____38
20 ____20 ____00 ____05 ____15 ____05 ___10 _____00

Now those are some funky growths. Children growths are equal to a base value + the other parent's, (in this case Keaton's,) growths, with the result divided by 2. They're... startling average. Not a one over 50, but almost every growth at 45 or in the range of it. With her inherited bases and class bonuses I think she'll be fine anyways.

Her personal skill is like Saizo or Hana's, execept it's a flat 5 and activates at turn start. Useful for some extra chip, but enemies right now rarely survive a round of combat with her anyways.

I suppose we've already seen what both of our new characters are like. I'm not sure what else I could say about them that these two updates and the supports have shown. Seklie is a ball of energy that doesn't really understand the weight of war, but it's not like this game is really out to tackle that topic anyways.

------------------------------------------------

Velouria, Hooded Hybrid
"Keaton's daughter. Subdued and acerbic, but adores her father."

Reclass Options: Wolfssegner, Nine-Tails, Berserker, Hero

Personal Skill- Goody Basket:
At the start of the Turn, Luck% chance of recovering 10 HP

Base Growths + Class Growths
HP___ STR__ MAG__ SKL__ SPD___ LCK__ DEF___ RES
48 ____45 ____00 ____33 ____43 ____43 ___40 _____35
10 ____10 ____00 ____10 ____10 ____20 ___10 _____00

As expected, the sisters' growths are almost identical. Wolfssegner's better, more focused bonuses is apparent though. Slightly better SKL than her sister, but the Beaststone has a good accuracy boost so it's rarely an issue right now. She fits the same adaptable, durable frontliner role as her sister with both of them having strong RES bases that let them cut through enemy mages. At a certain point, units lose a bit of class identity when they just become a ball of effective combat stats.

Her personal skill is pretty strong, especially with that good LCK growth. It's not gamechanging, but gives her more longevity if she hits it. It's worth mentioning that Serenes Forest lists it as 10% HP while the game says just 10 HP. I don't know which is true, but the former is basically negligible while the latter is actually functional.

Velouria really likes her dad, inherited his collecting habits, and likes sniffing.

Anyhow, that's all for this time. Join us next time as we get go beat up some Halloween trick or treaters.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 1, 2023

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
I'll get the support TOC updated soon, this update took me a while. I've got a tool that should streamline it as soon as I get around to inputting all the stuff from the current TOC into it.

As always, let me know if I messed something up. I'm prone to doing that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Missed a bracket in the Leo and Anna support.

Also the "Kaden x Velouria" link leads to the same Leo and Anna convo.