Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
I think Ilhan Omar might be good. Is she? Is there anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ilhan Omar is a warmonger.

Kshama Sawant voted to confirm Carmen Best, that’s about the worst she’s actually done.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Have you even HEARD the good news of Barack Obama

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
no

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kshama is as close as we have and it's a city council seat lol yeah

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

no

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Thread title would be correct without the good

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Yes but im not telling

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Bernie

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yes op, there are several us officials who died

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think they're mostly good. I hope everyone makes sure to register to vote this November because it's clear we've got to do something about all these goddamned problems

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mayor McCheese

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There's a city council member in my city who is good but she decided to say fuckit and not run for reelection so now there won't be any good city council members at all

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i think Joe Biden is doing his best

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

The mayor in this article

https://www.theonion.com/thirsty-mayor-drinks-towns-entire-water-supply-1819569099

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
not since bud dwyer

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Every elected official is a complex bundle of jobs, power, and paperwork that can be split up into a systems then simplified and voted on.

So it is less that the person is bad. It's the office that is bad, and a bad office attracts and create lovely people.

Elected official: Your plumbing is broken. Vote for me and I will fix it!
Voters: gently caress you! Just make plumbing standards, checks and balances, and set it up, so we have a lot people that maintain it instead of this "Vote for me to fix it" bullshit.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
It would be hard to have good elected officials in the US because the prerequisite is good Americans

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
do they still elect dog catchers?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

me :twisted:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
john mccain was a pretty lovely politician for a while but since about august 2018 he's really turned things around

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nope

Morbus
May 18, 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_Max_II

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stubbs_(cat)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

drat rip

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

quote:

Stubbs was widely described as having been elected after a write-in campaign by voters who opposed the human candidates,[12] but National Public Radio pointed out that this could not have happened because "the tiny town has no real mayor, so there was no election."[13] 

fuckin killjoy libs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol if u post in cspam and arent an elected official. shameful

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

i thought about this joke and decided it wasn't for me. But it's funnier when you do it!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smythe posted:

lol if u post in cspam and arent an elected official. shameful

agreed. lmao if you can’t convince enough ppl to vote for you to win. learn some loving social skills.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NeatHeteroDude posted:

i thought about this joke and decided it wasn't for me. But it's funnier when you do it!

im sure there are some local positions you can run for. join a slate and rack up some easy wins. good way to make friends too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
meeting some berniecrats and having someone either appoint you to an open position or wait for the cycle to turn over and get elected is actually very easy and insanely rewarding. little lifehack for the morose cspammer reading this thread

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
One of our city council members owns a local pot store and gets drunk with homeless people to listen to their concerns which is p cool

He still sucks

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Ever heard of the anthropic principle? Well, the idea of a cspam politician is like the opposite of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

What would the cspam party platform of 2022 be?

-legal weed everywhere
-a guillotine in every square
-eco fascism

Or

-death

Also there are no good elected officials.