Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

i hope the commies win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
For real I expect the show will end depicting a star trek type future

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
If I had to guess the first artificial gravity stations will rotate as a whole piece instead of on a hub and will only rotate below 1 G for limited periods of time

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

imagine the space sex

Way ahead of you!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I am just over 10 minutes into the latest ep and I loving hate Elroy Monks jesus christ

I can remember seeing footage of the DCX prototype or whatever it was called taking off and landing on it's engines on the discovery channel in the 90s, do all these space nerds out there really think he pulled propulsive landing out of his rear end? Like nobody wanted to build colonies in far off places for various reasons before the fuckboy poured his parents' money into it? Fuuuck aragioahgi.

lol I'm sorry this isn't the show's fault the world we live in is a gently caress

e: Ed NO gently caress

Ed's going on whatever the 90s equal of joe rogan next week isn't he

e2: free enterprise zone? fuckin really? I'm bleeding out my ears

Tighclops fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 19, 2022

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

The moral of this story is that the ussr is based and its success is the success of humanity

I also liked the part where north Korea has a space program instead of building nukes

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
This show rubber bands between super compelling and depressingly boring like nothing else I've ever seen, gently caress.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Owlbear Camus posted:

This just ain't gonna be the kind of thoughtful show one might like it to be.

Which is unfortunate since I fundamentally agree with the show's premise anyway. It's definitely feels like some somewhat clueless but well meaning boomers' idea of a good timeline, I can see where comparisons to The West Wing come from although this show doesn't make me want to assault the monitor at least.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The Soyuz has an orbital segment too, maybe NK beefed it up before yeeting it out there? I bet if Russia tried really hard they could pull off a similar suicide mission with a Soyuz today, but they're too busy I guess

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

I don't think Moore wrote anything for the show this season (and it shows IMO).

I dunno, Ed's "There's gonna be a reckoning when this is over" is straight up Adama from BSG

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

There are two BSG writers who still work on the show, so it could be their influence? Weddle and Thompson, who wrote pretty much every Starbuck episode across the four seasons of that show.

Oh god that explains a lot thanks

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Marsupial Ape posted:

I don’t know if compassionate conservative is actually possible, but that would at least be an alternate history political subplot that I would pay attention to.

I'll buy fusion rockets and sui-soyuzes to Mars, but the idea of a compassionate conservative is just fantasy nonsense lol lmao

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA

ONLY ED MAY ATTEMPT LANDING THERE

HI BOB

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

I wish the show made the West more evil; the portrayal of communism is too negative for my liking.

This show is frustrating because the premise is solid and I personally believe it but the rest of it has powerful west wing boomer vibes which is extremely off-putting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they launched a Salyut-style module filled with provisions that their Soyuz-alike was docked with for the trip to Mars? Or did they show rule that out, I forget