Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I always get nervous with the Vrabel era and then this team always does better than I expected with him in charge. So I'm optimistic, but also going to be negging the whole time so the team can reach its Full Potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Probably Magic posted:

I always get nervous with the Vrabel era and then this team always does better than I expected with him in charge. So I'm optimistic, but also going to be negging the whole time so the team can reach its Full Potential.

I get just as frustrated as anyone else with the nepotism and sometimes boneheaded decisions (that sometimes come from his staff and not him directly) but numbers-wise Vrabel is literally a top 10 coach with an AFC Championship berth in his first five years who navigated the most injured team in NFL history to a playoff game last season.

Like, he’s earned some fan confidence.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

It is better to make it to the playoffs and get booted constantly then to linger in loser-ville. But look I just want to see some Tits in the superbowl since '99 was a hot minute ago.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can’t wait to watch the Texans lose 12+ games yet again.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want Henry to get a loving ring.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Kirios posted:

Can’t wait to watch the Texans lose 12+ games yet again.

my prediction is 4-11-2, both jaguars games will be ties

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I liked what I saw from Willis his touch isn't quite there but him making snap decisions to run was really nice to see

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

lobster shirt posted:

my prediction is 4-11-2, both jaguars games will be ties
Yeah, 15-0-2 sounds about right for the Jaguars

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/fancy_rrr/status/1557719902886465537

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Big ups to the jag fans chanting You Sick gently caress at the nasty man.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
oh football started already huh? drat

anyways, big Jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Jags sucks, Jags fans good

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'll be repping my AFC South hat this year.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kudos Jags fans.

Also it must be nice not having to yell this at your coach.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I know it's preseason but honestly still not seeing it with Trevor Lawrence. He's late on reads and his accuracy seems all over the place. I hope I'm wrong about him but from an eye test standpoint I don't see a "generational talent"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

dameon pierce looked awesome last night, i love him now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Probably won't matter but hey free 4th round talent https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1559681721725030403?t=EKNG7ZAf9Lxetrft6nudRg&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Big ups to the jag fans chanting You Sick gently caress at the nasty man.

Someone's gotta do it and it's certainly not going to be anyone from CBS

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
1 catch in last nights game for the WR to replace AJ. that’s 2 catches in 2 games, and he played well into the 4th quarter with backups and couldn’t do better than 1 fuckin catch. Ya know, just once I wish we’d pick a 1st rounder who actually went out there and did some cool poo poo for a change

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

1 catch in last nights game for the WR to replace AJ. that’s 2 catches in 2 games, and he played well into the 4th quarter with backups and couldn’t do better than 1 fuckin catch. Ya know, just once I wish we’d pick a 1st rounder who actually went out there and did some cool poo poo for a change

nice meltdown

it's game two of the preaseason and ryan tannehill hasn't been on the field yet, maybe don't lump treylon into the fuckin' isaiah wilson tier just yet

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the top 25 wrs from last year's preseason

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

now it makes sense why mason kinsey is wr1

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Soul Glo posted:

nice meltdown

it's game two of the preaseason and ryan tannehill hasn't been on the field yet, maybe don't lump treylon into the fuckin' isaiah wilson tier just yet

I always see others teams rookies balling out, even in preseason, never ours :jerry:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

I always see others teams rookies balling out, even in preseason, never ours :jerry:

there was that one preseason where tajae Sharpe went off

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Big jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

That includes aj brown just let burk have some time in the regular season to show what he can do

Mega64
May 23, 2008

From what I've read Burks seems to be fine, just not really getting targeted due to our raw and bad QBs.

I'll wait until Tanny starts throwing to him to judge him.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Burks had that wide open 60 yard TD in game 1 that Willis just missed seeing. Vrabel was in front of cameras yesterday and said he’s playing well, but WRs don’t control when the ball gets thrown their way :shrug:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Kyle Phillips is the first round pick of my heart

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my pecka fall off in the afc south.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Cavauro posted:

my pecka fall off in the afc south.

my pekka fell off in the western central

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm what you'd call semi optimistic about Jacksonville this year and by that I mean maybe 6 wins and not finishing last along with some improvement. Doug Pederson alone should add a couple of wins but man.

If they're going to be even mediocre, they'll have to win several tight games as opposed to being blown out every week and right now this team has no go damned kicker. Unless they straighten that out, they're gonna lose a lot of 3 or 4 point contests, assuming they improve enough to at least become a tough out instead of a pushover.

I never understood why it's that hard to find at least and average kicker somewhere. There's loving soccer players all over the place and, god drat, you have one loving job to do. You don't even have to be in shape. Kick the ball straight as hard as you can. That's it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

trying to figure out if i want to watch the texans preseason game tonight or just go to sleep

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm what you'd call semi optimistic about Jacksonville this year and by that I mean maybe 6 wins and not finishing last along with some improvement. Doug Pederson alone should add a couple of wins but man.

If they're going to be even mediocre, they'll have to win several tight games as opposed to being blown out every week and right now this team has no go damned kicker. Unless they straighten that out, they're gonna lose a lot of 3 or 4 point contests, assuming they improve enough to at least become a tough out instead of a pushover.

I never understood why it's that hard to find at least and average kicker somewhere. There's loving soccer players all over the place and, god drat, you have one loving job to do. You don't even have to be in shape. Kick the ball straight as hard as you can. That's it.

Ok urbz

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BiggerBoat posted:

You'll take your #1 pick in the 2023 draft and you'll like it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

trying to figure out if i want to watch the texans preseason game tonight or just go to sleep

i ended up going to sleep, glad to see they won though :toot:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Burks looked real good out there

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This rookie punter is absurd I think kern just lost his job

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Malik lookin good. Couple of boneheads bound for the practice squad ballsing it up for him tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Malik "God's Chosen One" Willis