Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
hate my team

quote:

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans will forfeit their original fifth-round selection in the 2023 NFL draft and have been fined $175,000 for a salary cap reporting violation involving former quarterback Deshaun Watson, the NFL announced Thursday.

After a review, the NFL determined that the Texans provided Watson compensation in the form of a membership at an alternative athletic facility in 2020, early in the COVID-19 pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans are releasing Ben Jones. They really are blowing it all up

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I hope for the sake of his long term health that he retires. Levin and brewer would both be good options at center to get us by this year, I can’t imagine that center is gonna be a huge priority when we’re “retooling”

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1633926877311008768

there has to be more to it than this, 175k and a draft pick for spending 26k on a local athletic facility?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I like how no teams here are doing anything lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Respecting the rules regarding tampering and only reaching out to people today…ran carthon is a genius 😤

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I was mystified how the Texans don't have more cap room (they have like $36 million so still a ton) and lol Tunsil and Cooks are combining to count $62 million against the cap

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Respecting the rules regarding tampering and only reaching out to people today…ran carthon is a genius 😤

We're definitely in a full rebuild evaluate what we have year lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
D O

S O M E T H I N G

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1635340993561075712?s=20

texans are going to the super bowl

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
also i am glad that the texans missed out on jimmy g, i don't think that would have done anything for the team but waste money

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Not too broken up about Taylor leaving for that kinda money, but not sure what we're going to do on our Oline now. Little will step in at RT, but that leaves us with pretty poo poo depth for an inevitable injury. No good swing tackle , and our LG situation isn't too hot either. Would be shocked if they went after a tackle in the first come April, so hopefully someone good is left at the end of the second.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Third time Keenum's been on the Texans

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Looks like the titans are signing Andre Dillard. He couldn’t start for the eagles but they also have had like…the best o line in football so 🤷🏻‍♂️

The money doesn’t seem too bad so that’s one signing down. Hoping we can move on a vet WR, reup brewer to play center, and maaaaaaaybe have enough money to get David long? Though with the money getting thrown around I kind of doubt it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Never mind, Long went to Miami. Sucks :(

Nate Davis to Chicago, not thrilled we let him go but it definitely seemed like it was gonna happen this way so not entirely surprising I guess

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts lose a bad corner (Brandon Facyson) and a good linebacker (Bobby Okereke) so far, neither of which is a surprise really.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao to do what? ensure that this time they won't gently caress up the #1 pick?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
This Dillard signing is not blowing my skirts up Ran! He looks kinda poo poo.

Also letting a drat good player like David Long go…let’s do something here, this is not a splash I was hoping for

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hard to believe the Texans got it right with Tytus Howard

I guess

Sorta, eh

Also they definitely would have drafted Dillard if the Eagles hadn't traded up

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah it was known at the time that Dillard was who we wanted, and Howard was an obvious panic pick

Luck matters a lot in the draft though, so I guess we should just be happy it worked out (kinda)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I don't hate the Dillard pick up or that LB 49ers dude the Titans just got.

We need OL bodies and and our Long Jr-sized hole just got filled/upgraded.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Are the Jaguars in salary cap hell right because of last year? Because they're not doing poo poo to shore up this defense and I guess are just hoping that with Calvin Ridley and Evan Engram back they can just win every game 35-32.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is Dillard even bad/mediocre? I thought it was just that he kept getting injured and you don't want to shuffle him in and out when the Eagles had a good unit even without him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Intruder posted:

Is Dillard even bad/mediocre? I thought it was just that he kept getting injured and you don't want to shuffle him in and out when the Eagles had a good unit even without him

Per radio he was Good but got beat out by Very Good on the Eagles, so, we'll see!

Former first round pick with an unlucky broken arm and surrounded by healthy great players.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Farewell Colts legend

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/status/1635763005077049349

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Was talking to a friend who thinks the colts should try and put the tender on Lamar which would both be cool because Lamar is cool but also the logical endpoint of the colts desperation to throw away draft picks trading for a veteran quarterback

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts don't really have the room to make an offer that the Ravens can't match, and based on their other moves it's pretty clear they're looking at this next season as a building year. They'll go with Richardson at 4 if he's available and see if a year with Steichen can make him look like a legit QB.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It would also be cool if the colts went for Lamar because he’s a little overrated and it would hamstring them greatly. Lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamar is really good so him not being in the division is great

I liked long but replacing him with someone with real size is fantastic

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It would also be cool if the colts went for Lamar because he’s a little overrated and it would hamstring them greatly. Lol

If anything, Lamar is underrated IMO. WE've seen what happens when you remove him from that team. Try to imagine him with the weapons Jalen Hurts has. ALso, I can't loving believe ANthony Richardson is being thought of as a top 5 pick, or even a first rounder. I live in Florida and can tell you first hand that he sucks.

I guess INdy could toss him out there and let him run wild Justin Fields style but you're not gonna win many games with him. I'm no draft expert or anything but I really don't see a top tier NFL QB there and I don't think a Lamar comparison is warranted either based on how they played in college.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Look I remember the Lamar mvp playoffs experience. I’m absolutely saying he’s overrated now. Still a good player with the capacity to be great but I think he’s on the downswing

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

as a vols/titans fan it would tickle me greatly if indy took richardson

just stay away from the presumptive qb #5, hendo hook plz

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Liking the Arden key signing. I’m expecting Landry to be slow getting back in gear so this should help

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, he's a good pickup and i'm sad to lose him.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jags should look into Darius Slay. The offense look set for the most part

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
drat, I was kinda hoping Minshew would be back in JAX as a backup. Oh well.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Local radio goombah is saying byard is requesting a trade or cut. I’ll wait to hear it from kuharsky or TD but if true I want to die

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I can see it he's 30 and we're starting over

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Metapod posted:

I can see it he's 30 and we're starting over

I mean I would get it. But it would be heartbreaking. And tbh the savings if they cut him are not enough to outweigh having him around IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh for sure but if it's him wanting a trade it what it is