Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh I see the organization is just being pricks this new guy can gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
TD said he’s gotten confirmation that he isn’t asking for a trade so hopefully it doesn’t end up being a cut. That would suck

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

TSBX posted:

drat, I was kinda hoping Minshew would be back in JAX as a backup. Oh well.

Same.

Jax needs to look at the backup QB situation I think

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If the colts wait until after the draft then the 1s they give to ravens might not include a top 5.

The more you know.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bismack Billabongo posted:

TD said he’s gotten confirmation that he isn’t asking for a trade so hopefully it doesn’t end up being a cut. That would suck

They apparently would only save $6m in cap pre-June 1 cutting KB so that isn’t happening.

I don’t understand why they would save so little unless they were about to do some insanely hosed up trading at the draft.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Elephanthead posted:

If the colts wait until after the draft then the 1s they give to ravens might not include a top 5.

The more you know.

My read of the Colts' moves so far is that they definitely seem to be preparing to build a team around a rookie QB rather than going after Lamar in a bid to win now.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My read on colts moves is they are bad at building a football team.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

My read of the Colts' moves so far is that they definitely seem to be preparing to build a team around a rookie QB rather than going after Lamar in a bid to win now.

Yeah, they're definitely gonna be getting a QB in the draft. I wonder if they'll trade up to 3 so they get one of the top three, but I guess it depends on what the Cards are asking for.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Byard has been basically invisible during most games for 3 years, so gently caress it let’s sell everything. He’s still one of my favorite players. Why even attend games when all the cool players are gone?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Byard has been basically invisible during most games for 3 years, so gently caress it let’s sell everything. He’s still one of my favorite players. Why even attend games when all the cool players are gone?

He led the team in tackles last year

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Soul Glo posted:

He led the team in tackles last year

Concerning

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/1637850960272736257?s=20

Lmao

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
DENNIS DALEY IS GONE

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/JC_DTWP/status/1638607111394402304

Jags waited a week for prices to come down before starting to make depth signings. Especially like how much Browns fans hate D'Ernest Johnson leaving

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Johnson's a good pickup, should make a solid pairing with Etienne.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

The other two appear to be practice squad guys/camp bodies though. First 3 picks have to be OL/DL/CB in some order.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1640369628517122048?t=uyJfDqC144OdyKDHnJ10Ww&s=19

Change is upon us

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'd expect Tanny to start unless someone trades a couple decent picks for him, in which case we'll see what Malik (and possibly another mid-round QB we draft) can do.

Otherwise we're definitely making our QB move next season barring Malik suddenly balling out.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Greetings "AFC South"! I was wondering who you thought the Cleveland Browns should select with the 74th overall draft pick! Let's go the Houston Texans, the Indianapolis Colts, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Tennessee Titans!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Greetings "AFC South"! I was wondering who you thought the Cleveland Browns should select with the 74th overall draft pick! Let's go the Houston Texans, the Indianapolis Colts, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Tennessee Titans!
can never have too many punters

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cavauro posted:

me

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

AFC SOUTH 20XX: THE DEPARTURE OF BIG JEFF

https://twitter.com/GrindSimmons94/status/1644412157772144651

it's actually a joke by him, but I wanna see if I get anyone

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Big Jeff

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress yes

Big Jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Big Jeff

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
B

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

He's got that dog....ON him?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
There’s what, like a week left till the draft? I’m gonna start the new thread. Get hyped up dweebs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030410

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 27, 2023