Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Heresy Lives!

I had a lot of fun in 1.0, starting with playing with a borrowed World Eaters army at Warzone Houston 2019, to getting my own Night Lords and helping my wife with her Sons of Horus to make it to 2021. Here's a few pictures of that journey:

Some glamour shots of the armies:

Not my army but a picture i took of a friend's ruinstorm daemons vs militia.

A game I played with another friend where we decided to leave the dead models on the field as corpses.

Right now I'm about 95% of the way to committing to White Scars with the new Heresy box, just waiting to see how they look in the final cut, but the playtest rules for them are very promising. I also have two Baneblades I need to build, so hopefully Marines will still be able to take them in the new edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Speaking of the novels, What are the best three books in the Horus Heresy? I hear some people swear X is great, some people think X is actually bad; I'm a bit on the picky side when it comes to fiction but I liked Eisenhorn, and I figure if I get a cross section of what people think is the best of the best I can't go far wrong.

Betrayer goes on the list.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

I'm very curious as to how you think this upcoming edition is worse than the previous one

He's saying he's happy that the edition seems good.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Got my preorder in:
Big box, White Scars transfers, Loyalist and Traitor book, Special Weapon set, Kratos Assault Tank, Horus, Carta Galactica.

And now we wait. Maybe I'll try to finish my 40k army in the next two weeks.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

My goal is to kill a Primarch with a Stormseer lightning bolt.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

My box may not have shipped yet, but at the very least I can work on the spare 30k models I have laying around.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

nice work!

traitors I assume?

Loyalists this time, gotta have an opfor for the wife's Sons of Horus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Aniodia posted:

That Armageddon game reminds me of something a coworker of mine wants to go once Legions Imperialis comes out. Basically, the idea is to have a have of normal-sized Heresy going on next to a table playing Legions, but the two armies are the same. "Just imagine, you're about to move a unit on the Heresy board into battle, and the turn before, your opponent on the Legions board uses their titan to just obliterate them."

Which, to be honest, could be kinda cool in a way, though thinking about it I might have the Heresy board and Legions board on different sides of the game space if possible, but have it be more of a team game. Something like having the Legions players be more of a general, looking at the zoomed-out version of the same area the Heresy players would be fighting in, and they would have to try and coordinate movement. There would likely need to be an impartial party to help coordinate the movements from the Heresy guys into moving the units in the Legions game, but assuming everything was working ideally, it would be so loving cool to see done.

Just before 2.0 came out my old store had a slow grow league and one month the theme mission was a linked game with a zm board and a field board. On each board players could take control of ship weapons/ground batteries and fire them at the other board. You could probably do something similar, most easily with ZM but i could imagine a scenario where the LI players are fighting over a travel network and the 30k players can only get ground reserves when their team controls a viable road (or similar).