Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Give me the BOX.

Sound off if you're buying multiple BOXES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Everything is good.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They don’t exist any more! You can’t post those in the 2.0 thread. Mods?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
"We" "run" the ZM event because after a couple of years of just showing up, stealing tables and playing ZM together we had to go legit. It's the most disorganised thing you'll ever pay money for.

(it's super good tho.)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Good: My BOX came on release day.

Bad: I have a mispack.

Still, not as bad as the guy on Reddit who had a rulebook printed upside down and back to front.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Ah, the Alpha Legion edition.

I got two Axe Praetors in mine and no Sword Praetor, but I have gone and ordered a second box so I guess in the grand scheme of things it's fine.

lol never change FW

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JcDent posted:

Please, sirs. What are trap units/options for a newbie to avoid so as not to sour themselves on a new game?

Loyalists

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I am the white dwarf.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TammyHEH posted:

2K Fury of the Ancients
Loyalist Raven guard with Fury of the Ancients ROW.

HQ

Contemptor Dreadnought
Base – 175
venerable ancient – 30
Gravis melta cannon -5 pts

= 210

Troops

Contemptor dreadnought talon
Base – 175
2X lascannon – 40

Second Contemptor -175
2X lascannon – 40

=430

Base – 175
2X lascannon – 40

Second Contemptor -175
2X lascannon – 40

=430

Base – 175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

Second Contemptor -175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

=410

Base – 175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

Second Contemptor -175
Second gravis power fist
Inbuilt meltagun x 2 -30

=410

Fast attack
Xiphon interceptor – 105 pts

=1985

thoughts? I'm not sure i have enough chaff clear

Destroy them, thread padawan.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

So I wanted to do this for a while. Still trying different versions as well as a friend doing a 3d file for a jar of pickles and a jar of Nutella to print...

Original eating from a can:

Can of soda version:

Edit:
Bonus image:

Well this is perfect timing. Can you do one opening a can of surstromming?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone managed to buy a plastic Sicaran on eBay :laffo:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warhammer30k/comments/we78th/got_my_hands_on_the_new_unreleased_plastic_sicaran/

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Broken Record Talk posted:

GW repeatedly getting owned by their super special community partners throughout this entire release process is :allears:

I really want it to be a random AoS youtuber that didn't realise it was unreleased, or similar.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

SkyeAuroline posted:

glacial release rate for HH (meaning this is all we get this week even announced)

BLESS YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This is the most frantic release cadence 30k has ever had. They've never previewed stuff weekly for this long. They've never dropped as much as they did on the open day. We have gone _an actual year_ with total radio silence before.

I don't personally think this'll last so I think for the sake of your blood pressure you may want to get back out. :shobon:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Hixson, please. Your choler.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sure

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
No rule of three

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JBP posted:

Does a unit like the gorechosen of dromm end up with aos rules, or could you just use the stick guy as a slaughter priest without it being too confusing

It’s fine do whatever

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i stopped playing heresy around inferno because it got tedious trying to interpolate various 40k editions into the game and then they do this??? fine! i'll come back!!!

Don't worry, people are VERY ANGRY about all the support the game is getting.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why would people get mad about that besides 'thats Warhammer baby'?

can i play thousand sons yet without being that guy?

Mournival people decrying every release as terrible and broken and releasing PDFs that basically just set the game back to 1.0 rules.

They say it’s a reaction to the broken stuff in 2.0 but they were working in it waaaay before release. Standard edition wars stuff but with a 30k twist. It’s unfortunate it has enough penetration that going to a 30k event means you might not actually be playing 30k but some insane Facebook community houserule monstrosity.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
All of the 30k stuff seems to be a deal, it’s very unnerving. In the UK at least the Rhino is cheaper than the 40k one.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Just change the print out.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
lmao

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

I made a battlescribe catalog like that once for Necrons. I went and lowered all the points costs by like ten to fifteen percent. Nobody checks the catalog itself.

My liege.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Collect what you want to paint. Look at the armies and see if they work well with the units you want to take. As in, don't collect Scars if you hate assembling and painting bikes. Love tanks? Iron Nouns.

No army in 30k, despite wailing and crying, is actually bad or impossible to win with. The armies released so far are solid.

This is very Something Awful 30k Players That Go To LVO specific, but a 1250pt Zone Mortalis force is very small and easy to rattle out. If you don't enjoy the paint scheme or play style, move on to another one.

I've never not enjoyed a game of 30k, even when losing hard. It's always fun (imo) because of the attitude of the players. It's a slightly janky future historical.

The objectively correct answer is Traitor Ultramarines Pride of the Legion with two units of Fulmentarus or a Fury of the Ancients list.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Siivola posted:

Liber Imperium is coming out soon, right? The road map had it pegged for October and the month's almost over.

Supposedly. GW haven't had a great record with books being on time lately though. The contents page has leaked and it looks fun. Sisters of Silence have been expanded a fair bit.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BirdieBedtime posted:

That's surprising - I would have thought that GW would shrink the Sisters list down to the models in production. I'm excited to see what all of these squads end up being, even if the naming convention is starting to edge into modern 40k Primaris vibes (Sanctioner, Prosecutor, Expurgator).

Definitely a surprise. I'll be pretty pleased if they can be an army on their own with the new bits. 30k needs more humans.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

Please james. Where are the mk6 choinswords and bolt pistols

I think it’ll be new bodies too. Some of the poses don’t really work unless you’re holding a two handed gun.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Also don’t count out mk2 and mk5

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Putin sank the ham ship

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I do not think that’s a new assassin type since we just got all their datasheets. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a sisters of silence character

They teased traitor assassins. I'm leaning that way.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Has the Alpha Legion crest thing going on as well. I'm set on that being Exodus.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That it looks cool I think.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
30k Facebook groups are hilariously bad do not read them.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They're resin. It's a shame the current legion contemptors are going because they have so much more cool stuff on them but I think the trade off for a plastic base model is worth it in the end.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Plastic MK2 and MK5 are 100% real. Quote this when they're released.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Resin is extremely traumatic please be sensitive.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh my god

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Got this sprue with my Typhon

What the hell is it for?

Book for scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Are they going for crazy prices? I literally have hundreds.

I mailed all my spare heads and shoulder pads to another poster already