Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
My local shop is going to start a 30k escalation league and i figure thats obviously the best time to get into it. I need help on deciding a legion.

Ive been reading the gonnhammer articles but they like to reference rules and not explain what they actually do and with no 30k wahapedia i cant really figure out the special flavours of the legions, and would appreciate some help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Thanks bulbasaur and jcdent for responding. And thanks to everyone who wrote summaries, especially that one that made me feel like i was having a stroke.

Im down to iron hands and death guard. 90% in favour of death guard because the iron hands paintjob looks boring as gently caress

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

SkyeAuroline posted:

40k standard "black armor with edge highlights" can be boring, but the FW "oily greenish-black metal" is pretty interesting imo (though I have no idea how hard it is to accomplish in practice).

Oooh, thats really sharp and clinches it for iron hands imo. Death guard look pretty slick, but morty is the worst looking primarch imo. Worse than hair metal angron

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Lucinice posted:

I used the praetors from the box set to make some kitbashes and I ended up not being happy with them since they were my first.

I'm going back to the drawing board and trying again at some point, but I have one thing I need to figure out before I do.

Should an Iron Warriors warsmith wear a cape?

Everyone deserves a cape

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Crossposting from the painting thread

My Spirit Otter posted:

So im doing up a 30k E.C. army that im totally going to fully paint before starting on anything else, and ive been using a lot of xerxes purple in 40k and i think it might be a bit too dark. My plan is to mix it with irridescent medium to give it a polished armour look.

Here's an armiger i did a while ago that has very similar colours, so im wondering if you guys would go lighter or not.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

moths posted:

Looks great to me - my only concern would be your basing scheme. Just keep the base darker or it could detract from the figures.

EC were among the first to start customizing their armor, so there's no "wrong purple" like you'd find in historicals.

So more of a dark grey rocky type of base?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

moths posted:

That sounds good, or maybe a chocolate brown muddy earth base.

but my precious lil narcissicists cant get dirty

and thanks for the response, appreciated

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

ijyt posted:

40K: no tank floor
30K: fully detailed interior

Canis rex has this in 40k and has for a while, theyre likely just using the same molds

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

hell yea, plastic mk3s. finally i can make a death guard army to go with my big e's kids. well, mk3s my local shops will carry, i should say.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

i missed the reprint of the rogue trader rpg book, so i guess thats on the list now too, gently caress.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Lucinice posted:

I didn't even notice when I posted the article. I just stopped reading it when it got to the warhammer + stuff.

same, i saw it on reddit and made that post in case there were others like me, who missed it.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

if thats quick, id love to see you paint some slowly, goddamn

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

i picked up some mk iiis for my emperors children army because i love the look of them, but they dont really fit and so i decided to make an iron hands army. what do you guys think of this yellow? too schoolbusy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Mercurius posted:

I presume you mean Imperial Fists rather than Iron Hands and that yellow looks solid. I personally prefer the slightly desaturated yellow colour that quite a few of the black books colour plates have but the mustard yellow is pretty classic for Fists.

i absolutely meant imperial fists, whoops. i also like the desaturated look, the ink i bought looked darked in the bottle, sadly.

ijyt posted:

slap a burnt umber oil filter on it and its ace

would a sepia or agrax work?