Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

What the gently caress is this supposed to mean

it means if there's a red wave there could potentially be two more Dem upsets. its just white noise at this point honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
They will do literally anything other than say "I have no loving idea what's going to happen".

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Zore posted:

All the election watching pundits are doing some serious vague posting about how they think Republicans are gonna win because of the current turnout in Nevada basically.

I feel like they should just say it instead of the weird coy 'Hmm, might be some hints here' wink wink bullshit they keep doing.

Which by the way is funny considering it’s barely 1 in Nevada and there are more mail/drop ballot access points than ever before. There’s no real ability to track how many ballots were mailed or dropped yesterday/today, so they’re going on in-person E day vote against an incomplete sample of non in-person methods that doesn’t include a huge chunk of ballots. No easy way to model it so they’re all hedging because god help you if you go “yeah voting behaviors are just different now” and shrug.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Wasserman's been hinting vaguely at a bad night for the Democrats for a few hours now, but so far he's only concretely cited turn-out numbers from Florida and one district in VA as evidence for that, and hasn't specified to what extent EV numbers might mitigate that. I mean, he undoubtedly know more about this poo poo than I do, but it''d be nice if he shared some of that knowledge with the rest of us rather than speaking in doom-tinged aphorisms.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i just finished wasting my time in alabama, hope you're all happy

one amendment was worth it to make broadband considered a public good so our counties can start funding it

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Blurred posted:

Wasserman's been hinting vaguely at a bad night for the Democrats for a few hours now, but so far he's only concretely cited turn-out numbers from Florida and one district in VA as evidence for that, and hasn't specified to what extent EV numbers might mitigate that. I mean, he undoubtedly know more about this poo poo than I do, but it''d be nice if he shared some of that knowledge with the rest of us rather than speaking in doom-tinged aphorisms.

The more I'm learning about how things are going in New York, the more I'm thinking Wasserman is right. Turnout in NYC is way down from 2018, let alone 2020. It could be ugly.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I am getting like 10 different messages about the situation in NV
https://twitter.com/JohnRSamuelsen/status/1590092333328236544

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Stop reading tea leaves and wait for results to panic or celebrate ya dinguses.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

JosefStalinator posted:

Absolutely loving not

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/eeberquist/status/1590051306483617792?s=46&t=PrbsjHRq8O12gi1sdqbw5w

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm sorry but that would make too much sense.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Pundits have to :justpost: or they lose their jobs. Don’t listen to any of them until late tonight at the soonest.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Eric Cantonese posted:

The more I'm learning about how things are going in New York, the more I'm thinking Wasserman is right. Turnout in NYC is way down from 2018, let alone 2020. It could be ugly.

do we even have early voting or mail in numbers that suggest low on the day turnout would be bad?

withak posted:

Pundits have to :justpost: or they lose their jobs. Don’t listen to any of them until late tonight at the soonest.

Media have a vested interest in things not being boring, so they do dumb things to make politics less boring that really hurt peoples brains.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

JosefStalinator posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?s=20&t=mp-jiioaZYQ8EtqTRKoOCA

I'm personally doing my best to not follow the news here. Still have a sense of dread.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
If you're mad at pundits just filling air time with and twitter with vague takes that don't really say much then I don't know if you get what pundits do.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Voted today in MI. It was reasonably quick, but definitely busier than I've seen it in a while.

Unfortunately there weren't any Republicans running unopposed for anything, so I didn't get any votes this cycle.

I really want to see Dixon go down in double-digit flames, but I'm not holding my breath for anything.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

JosefStalinator posted:

People will never, ever follow this advice.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Turnout in Clark County today is very low so far, which is bad news..... unless there's some kind of mass effort by the unions to use the drop boxes.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1590101032939315206

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Rigel posted:

Turnout in Clark County today is very low so far, which is bad news..... unless there's some kind of mass effort by the unions to use the drop boxes.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1590101032939315206

Wait a minute...
[https://twitter.com/JohnRSamuelsen/status/1590092333328236544

These two both can't be right, right? Unless Ralston considers 161% of 2020 "really low"

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah I’m confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
TVIV thread up, midterms posting goes there for a while: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017064

If you have good links to coverage put them in that thread and I'll edit the OP. Thank you.