Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fatality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag this is yospos. rotor literally predates all known time (1 January 1970)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah but thats rotor i dont even predate 9/11

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FlapYoJacks posted:

rm >>>>>> Jetbrains > Visual Studio > Notepad++ > Notepad > stone and chisel > stick in the dirt > VIM

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I just load up nano and hit ctrl-k until I stop getting errors

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i love going into nano and doing some disgusting regex search and replace with capture groups.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

no you see nano SUCKS because its too easy to use. using a commandline text editor should be like trying to perform open heart surgery on yourself. therefore every editor should be symlinked to 'ed'

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Eeyo posted:

i love going into nano and doing some disgusting regex search and replace with capture groups.

vscode can do this

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

no you see nano SUCKS because its too easy to use. using a commandline text editor should be like trying to perform open heart surgery on yourself. therefore every editor should be symlinked to 'ed'

away with you devil

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The Fool posted:

vscode can do this

yeah lots of them can.

i recently installed coteditor (mac only) and it can do this. plus it can do multi-line cursors which is great.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

my company will buy a jetbrains license for any engineer who asks for one. and yet, we still have a bunch of people using vs code by choice. i try not to judge others for their preferences, but, well,

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
had a good chuckle at shaggar being existentially afraid of things that wiggle

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

now I know how to defend myself from shaggar

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have to get fatter

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Shaggers arch nemesis: https://youtu.be/cvaRGiMWRaE

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
[shaggar voice] it might help to dress up like a caterpillar, just to be extra spooky

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i've just been paying for a jetbrains all products thing for a few years now, it's been worth it imo

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

PokeJoe posted:

hbag sees the light
revved up like a deuce
The toast is screaming in the night

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I use vim because it’s the least likely for me to accidentally save a change I made lol

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

jetbrains saves your local edit history. for free!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jetbrains gives good brain

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jetbrains is very good imo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

God bless them for making Android remotely tolerable

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if you ever write middleware, IntelliJ is equally as nice since it’s basically the same program

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i switched from dataspell to vs code a few months ago b/c it was slow af and had a weird bug where mousing over a dataframe would jump the screen to wherever the cursor was, which was usually nowhere near where i was previously

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
jetbrains poo poo is good as hell and ill go to the fuckin mat over it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

jetbrains poo poo is good as hell and ill go to the fuckin mat over it

prove it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ill rassle ya, fart

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like datagrip a lot, it'd be perfect if they separated procs and funcs into separate folders

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

yeah but thats rotor i dont even predate 9/11

https://twitter.com/tim__fitzgerald/status/1783664840134803934?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

jetbrains is good but their keybindings are bad

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the secret best jetbrains product is youtrack but too many people have fallen under the sway of jira to realize this

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the latest version of my jetbrains ide introduced some kinda content aware autocomplete. i dunno if it’s AI (probably) but I’ve been using it the past week or so and it’s been correct about 95% of the time. pret-tay pret-tay good

edit:

yeah it’s AI

quote:

You can now utilize per-line autocompletion for PHP code, as well as JavaScript, TypeScript, and HTML, even when you don’t have access to the internet. With full line code completion, the local LLM processes and analyzes data directly on your device, resulting in ultra-fast offline code completion with minimal latency.
With this approach, not only will your generated code never contain non-existent variables or methods, it will also remain compliant with your data privacy policies, as it doesn’t require a connection to external servers.

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 26, 2024

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

betty boof posted:

revved up like a deuce
The toast is screaming in the night
:golfclap:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

polyester concept posted:

the latest version of my jetbrains ide introduced some kinda content aware autocomplete. i dunno if it’s AI (probably) but I’ve been using it the past week or so and it’s been correct about 95% of the time. pret-tay pret-tay good

edit:

yeah it’s AI

oh, good. LLMs don't require a lot of local resources, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

jetbrains is good but their keybindings are bad

One of the first things I do in any IDEA install is switch the keybindings to copy Eclipse. There's a dropdown for it!