Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
They're most likely trying to migrate the Vibranium Rewards program to the in-game shop instead of the web shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

What is with everyone playing so sweating in the Proving Grounds? I hardly ever get T1 snapbacks anymore. If you want to play more than one round go to Silver!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They are probably doing the weekend missions

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sure, but you still just snap everything and go again rather than grinding out rounds. It's zero stakes, so fundamentally, more single-round Proving Grounds means more boosters and models for everyone. Snaping on turn 1 is all up-side.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I've gotten several people in Proving Grounds lately (A) not snapping and (B) auto retreating as soon as T3 starts playing out, idgi either

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

(B) auto retreating as soon as T3 starts playing out, idgi either

These are bots. I play a lot late at night and run into them regularly. They all play the same deck of 1-2 drops with Shanna to lock down lanes then retreat the instant their side of T3 resolves. Apparently, they're auto-clickers farming season pass XP. It's 1 XP per turn and 10 XP per winning lane, so they get 23-33 XP per game. Which is 30-40 games per season pass cache.

Not efficient, but I guess it's free credits and gold.

I just retreat whenever I run into one unless I can farm them for the win game/snap missions.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 27, 2024

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Sure, but you still just snap everything and go again rather than grinding out rounds. It's zero stakes, so fundamentally, more single-round Proving Grounds means more boosters and models for everyone. Snaping on turn 1 is all up-side.
The weekend mission often requires playing with a deck that isn't very good or at least I am not very good with. If I can beat a deck once there's a better than average chance that I can beat it multiple times. So it's more efficient not to snap if my goal is to get those done with limited playtime.

Edit: If I lose once I retreat though, so it's the same difference for anyone who beats me, and if they lose and don't want to retreat that's on them.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 27, 2024

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

The name of the game is location control.

Thanks for the write-up! Looks fun. I have everything except RG, so I'll play with it a bit and see if I can figure it out.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Lemme know if you come up with anything else that fits really well. I have some thoughts on a few other cards:

I had, at points, used:
Nightcrawler - I tried until I got Snowguard. He was a cheap little insurance policy and compliments the deck well, just not as well.

Captain America - Like Punisher, only bad. I tried while I was still looking for good three drops or ongoings. I replaced him with Dazzler

Goose - Don't bother. Goose looks good on paper for a deck with exactly one card over 3 cost. In practice, his lane is somehow always the lane you need to play her in. Shutting down Crimson Cosmos is hilarious, though.

Rogue - Was excited for her and early returns were going well, but when I grabbed Red Guardian, I considered him a straight upgrade, at least for this deck.

Cards I think offhand would work pretty well, but I haven't tried:

Polaris - My personal pick for the card I'd try next if something on the deck broke. Polaris can pull something out of a location you've filled, or to a location where you think it'll be less dangerous. 3/5 is a powerful stat line.

Mojo - Like a side graded Dazzler. Could be interesting to have both. There are games where you'll fill 3 lanes and games where you'll struggle to fill 1. Having the option to hit both might be good, and it would encourage you to use Bear to Make Dudes. Bear and Mojo on 5 into something like Shadowlands seems kinda strong.

Kingpin - Not a 3 drop, but your biggest enemy is arguably move decks. This would be a straight tech card, but otherwise kinda useless. Still, turn 5 is sometimes awkward, and "just having another card to play" might not be bad.

Devil Dinosaur - Frequently, you'll hold onto a card like Quake because Quake wants to be played at certain times. Snowguard gets played most games she's drawn, if only because Energy on 4 and 5 is a little awkward. Sometimes you just don't draw a turn 1 or 2. Bear can play locations to add more cards to hand. And finally, you can't play with Crimson Cosmos.

EDIT
I don't own Doctor Doom, but Doctor Doom seems like he could go really hard in this.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 27, 2024

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's still better than it used to be, but it has problems.

The best card acquisition period was the brief time you could both potentially pull new cards from the collection track, albeit rarely; but the token shop was new and you could get a decent amount of token rewards in the collection track, and they actually did series drops on cards so something 6000 tokens a month ago might only be 3000 now.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
But that economy couldn't be sustained

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Skippy McPants posted:

These are bots. I play a lot late at night and run into them regularly. They all play the same deck of 1-2 drops with Shanna to lock down lanes then retreat the instant their side of T3 resolves. Apparently, they're auto-clickers farming season pass XP. It's 1 XP per turn and 10 XP per winning lane, so they get 23-33 XP per game. Which is 30-40 games per season pass cache.

Not efficient, but I guess it's free credits and gold.

I just retreat whenever I run into one unless I can farm them for the win game/snap missions.

drat. Just ran into one of these. Incredibly obnoxious.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Hey, White Widow on Death's Door followed by a turn 6 Galactus works pretty well.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
White Widow seems generally good. I had avoided playing her this week because of the amount of destruction right now. Yet doing the weekend missions with her was unusually nice.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Lemme know if you come up with anything else that fits really well. I have some thoughts on a few other cards:

EDIT
I don't own Doctor Doom, but Doctor Doom seems like he could go really hard in this.

Doom slots in pretty well! I don't have Guardian so I'm trying different alternatives. Just got Legion; will see how that does.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Oh, a variant for logging in today!

Pixel Mojo :geno:

e: Monthly stats recap is up with the usual 100 credit share thing.

Devo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 28, 2024

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Get your free poo poo on: https://pay-va.nvsgames.com/topup/262304/eg-en?tab=purchase

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Thanks, $3 for a PMV and credits was also a good deal

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

tyvm I'd never find these links if y'all didn't post them

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thanks, $3 for a PMV and credits was also a good deal

drat, those things have to be getting artistic if people are actually adding credits to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I pulled the Super Rare House of X Apoc variant from that PMV, which I had been wanting in the shop.