Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Be advised that there is a 5000 cap on credits, so you can't stay low forever without permanently hampering your progression. You'll typically gain about 600 credits a day before the weekly mission and the chapter missions are taken into account, so you'll have to gain 12 levels minimum per day from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Go RV! posted:

After having previously stalled out at about 55, I pushed to the end of Pool 1 yesterday, where I finally got Bishop and re-tuned my Zoo deck (I also underestimated Angela). Now, I have been slicing through ranks. Currently at 67, and I think there's an outside chance I can hit 80 before the end of the season if I go hard for it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Made it to 87. Had a real hot run for a while, but stalled out twice when I hit 88.

jokes on him, I stopped my collection at the end of Pool 1, and I'm only getting people with pool 1 cards, so I haven't seen him out in the wild yet

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

New season is up, card of the month is Miles Morales. 4/5, costs 1 instead if a card moved last turn. Premium Pass also gives variants for Spider-Woman and Carnage, plus 400 credits and 900 gold. It remains the best deal in the game if you want to spend money. It's also cheaper if you buy it through the Nuverse shop as the app tacks a 5% fee on the top. You won't be able to buy the super-Premium version that gives you 10 free level skips, though; that's app-only. Getting to 50 is easy though, even more so this month as it's a 5-week season, so the only reason to put up another 255 pesos is if you think ten season caches are worth 300 gold.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

I haven't actually played this in like a month, are the high collection level bots still blatantly cheating?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Wheeee posted:

I haven't actually played this in like a month, are the high collection level bots still blatantly cheating?

Yes. They have been tweaked slightly to have a chance to throw the game, though.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I loved the Nexus location being focused. Giving the Nexus's power total to all other locations, which ruled for my Iron Man/Onslaught combo. Powered through 20 levels off the back of that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

For anyone who is still interested: today is global release day. The game will be live in all countries on Android, iOS and Steam some time in the next 2-6 hours. You can still get the free Iron Man or Hulk variant if you preregister.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Launch update: Made it to Rank 109, slowly creeping up the ranks. Just entered pool 3 a bit ago, and already got Mystique, so that's a good start.

Had another friend who's good at card games make it to 130 stopping at the pool 1 breakpoint using the info from here.

Game is good, come play.

Also can we get a new thread tag and title since the game is out now?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Go RV! posted:

Marvel Snap: Gwent Stacy

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Go RV! posted:

I'm not opposed, but has anything changed? It's still Smash Up + Ben Brode + Marvel + Your Phone, yeah?

But sure, report it and ask. It's just gotta be clever.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CitizenKeen posted:

I'm not opposed, but has anything changed? It's still Smash Up + Ben Brode + Marvel + Your Phone, yeah?

But sure, report it and ask. It's just gotta be clever.

It's now on Steam as well. :v:

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Jedit posted:

It's now on Steam as well. :v:

Marvel Snap is a pooping game. If I'm on Steam, I'm playing almost anything else. But sure.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Forgot I had prereg for this game, trying out for the first time this morning and I have to say it's pretty fun! Still only in the lower Iron bracket, but hopefully it doesn't get carried away with its micro transactions.

Loving when I get snap'd on and I snap right back and win.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Didn't realize today was launch day. I liked HS so I guess I'll give it a shot until the awful grind and monetization smacks me in the face. Hopefully some of the beta awfulness has been diminished...

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Okay neat!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

CitizenKeen posted:

Marvel Snap is a pooping game. If I'm on Steam, I'm playing almost anything else. But sure.

Steam deck exists now, steam and poop is a possibility.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Huh, this is actually pretty fun. Hopefully the deckbuilding gets interesting as I unlock more options.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

ChiTownEddie posted:

Huh, this is actually pretty fun. Hopefully the deckbuilding gets interesting as I unlock more options.

Whats nice is that the decks are so small, that having to find a nice lean list is a bit more fun.

Pool 1 has an issue where the strongest deck is by far Zoo (1 drops backed up by Angela, Bishop, Kazar, Blue Marvel, Iron Man and/or Onslaught).

I found that Pool 2 has more variation, you start getting Apocalypse discard, Dino Handsize, Ongoing Spectrum and Anti-Zoo Killmonger/Enchantress decks.

Pool 3 is when the game opens up and you get all the rest of the cards (except for the key one from the deck that you really want)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Just started playing today and working my way through Pool 1, have a collection of 65 and sitting at Rank 38 while waiting for Daily Quests to refresh. Seems I’m pretty limited on progress at this point by Credits to actually level up all my cards and keep unlocking more. Don’t really have enough of any one archetype to focus on, mainly relying on the Pool 1 Reveal Package (Wolfsbane/Ironheart/White Tiger/Odin) to steal games at the end. Pretty fun, just wish there was more of a sense of progress when you are waiting for Credits.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Can we get something in the OP about how this whole card level up upgrade thing works? I had six green orbs and accidentally upgraded Thing and now I only have one and that leveled me up but now I need more.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I don't think my opponents understand when or why they should snap but I will gladly feed off of their misplaced confidence

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm having fun beating up on newbies.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can we get something in the OP about how this whole card level up upgrade thing works? I had six green orbs and accidentally upgraded Thing and now I only have one and that leveled me up but now I need more.

Upgrading = purely a cosmetic thing. You can only have 1 per deck anyway.

Can any beta vets comment on collection building? Always be upgrading, so that my collection level ranks up and I unlock more cards right? No point in hording those green upgrade currencies?

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I think you are referring to boosters? Boosters are tied to each individual card. If you want to upgrade a single card from common (gray) to infinite (the last upgrade) it will cost 155 boosters. However, this opens up the ability to split the card with a special effect starting at the common level again. You can currently farm boosters for a card if you leave it at common while all your other cards are at least uncommon (green frame) or higher (blue, purple, orange, red, etc.) until you get 155 and upgrade it all at once. Otherwise, the boosters are dispersed randomly to one card at the end of each match.

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

Can any beta vets comment on collection building? Always be upgrading, so that my collection level ranks up and I unlock more cards right? No point in hording those green upgrade currencies?
Correct. The most cost effective booster usage for gaining collection level is to upgrade all your common (gray) cards to uncommon (green). Once you've done that for all cards, it's more beneficial to upgrade one single card from common to infinite.

Also, never use the quick upgrade option in the shop as it's not worth it. However, you want to check the shop daily to get your free 50 credits and view the new variants for your collection if you're interested in that.

I'm currently at collection level 3265 for reference.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Xtanstic posted:

All* levels of card upgrade are worth the same amount of CL per Credit, so level up whatever cards you think look cool. (*Frame Break is half price)

To level up a card, you need boosters and credits. NEVER BUY FAST UPGRADES FROM THE SHOP, you're going to be hard limited by credits, not boosters. To get boosters, you can either get them from CL/Season rewards, or by playing games with the card in your deck.

You're matched to other players by your Collection Level, so if you feel confident in your deck and want to grind out some ladder levels, you can save up credits to not move further. You have a cap of 5000, hitting it will permanently set back your progress. If you're going to do this, I'd recommend the breakpoints of the end of each pool of cards (CL214 and CL474).

If you want more credits, don't use gold to buy more. Use the gold on mission refreshes, as they'll give you additional season pass progress.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
So...variant cards are kind of a trap then if I'm understanding correctly?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Squiggly posted:

So...variant cards are kind of a trap then if I'm understanding correctly?

I mean, if you're going for pure progression over everything, then yeah its not ideal gold use. But cool art is cool art.

I do wish I could trade in variant arts for other ones. I've got two Groot variants from random rewards and I have never used Groot in a deck in my life

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lol the steam version.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

What is the use of gold if not for variants?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shwqa posted:

What is the use of gold if not for variants?

mission refreshes, which give credits and season progression

either are good though

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
What collection level should I be looking at to obtain Angela? I'm at 46 and getting rng garbage

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man having basic reading skills feels a little like cheating on day 1 of a TCG.

Why yes I didn't play a card on the location saying I get extra energy if I have no minions there :smug:

Why yes I did play my one drop on the location that gives plus 1 power each turn :smugdog:

Why yes I did play my card with on going abilities on the location that doubles on going abilities :smugbert:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Squiggly posted:

What collection level should I be looking at to obtain Angela? I'm at 46 and getting rng garbage

I think the “Random Card” unlocks are truly random, she could be the first card you unlock in the pool or the last.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Squiggly posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/

You get a random card from the pool until you exhaust the pool, and you move on to the next.

Pool 3 is the final pool. Season Pass stuff eventually goes into Pool 3.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

this seems to have been deleted

lmao

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Migertantix posted:

Correct. The most cost effective booster usage for gaining collection level is to upgrade all your common (gray) cards to uncommon (green). Once you've done that for all cards, it's more beneficial to upgrade one single card from common to infinite.

The first half is factually correct; the second half is not. It's a bit slower to increase CL by upgrading the highest level card you have boosters for, but it has two big advantages. Every month as part of the Campaign there are two missions to increase CL. One requires you to gain 20 CL, the other requires you to upgrade cards 12 times. Saving your grey upgrades for when those missions come up halves the cost of completing them, providing an immediate one-shot boost on the Season Pass track. Also when you upgrade a card to Infinite it splits, giving you a common copy of the card with a visual effect - the local equivalent of foil or golden. These cards can repeat the upgrade cycle, so you'll have more commons to upgrade when the missions come up and more cards to upgrade to boost CL.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Go RV! posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/

You get a random card from the pool until you exhaust the pool, and you move on to the next.

Pool 3 is the final pool. Season Pass stuff eventually goes into Pool 3.

That's a whole lot of cards

Actually not sure if this is a bug or just unintuitive:

Oppo plays Jessica Jones on 4, bifrost goes off shifting everything to the right. Oppo then plays iron man at Jessica Jones new location and she still buffs herself?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Squiggly posted:

That's a whole lot of cards

Actually not sure if this is a bug or just unintuitive:

Oppo plays Jessica Jones on 4, bifrost goes off shifting everything to the right. Oppo then plays iron man at Jessica Jones new location and she still buffs herself?

Yes. Jessica and similar abilities affect the location where the ability was triggered. So if you play JJ at the Bifrost on turn 4, she will buff if you don't play a card at the Bifrost on turn 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Wheeee posted:

this seems to have been deleted

lmao

Yeah, when I read that my immediate reaction was "Steven is not aware of the nascent plans for further monetization."

Game's a lot better on the phone than on the computer. My desire to play more than 5 games at a time is almost zero, but grabbing a game while the coffee is brewing instead of checking a dying forum reddit is nice.